+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
thank you for encouragement .. that's what i needed now... because some already got their AOR and they applied later than me..
Hey Puzzled, have you received your AOR?

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
hi.

CIC received my citizenship application on 8 October and till now no news. i called today they couldnt find any file under my PR num. he said the started November applications now and it might be that they sent my application back or it might not been opened yet. but how come it took 3 months and still not returned and doesnt show at CIC system.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
RHH said:
hi.

CIC received my citizenship application on 8 October and till now no news. i called today they couldnt find any file under my PR num. he said the started November applications now and it might be that they sent my application back or it might not been opened yet. but how come it took 3 months and still not returned and doesnt show at CIC system.
Hey RHH - I think you me are in the same boat CanadaPost delivered my application on Oct, 2nd and still on AOR i will wit till the end of January then re-apply...I'm hopefull that it will come before then though.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indeed, I live in Toronto. God bless everyone.

2011, when I moved here, the terrible nightmare was 5 years from there to get the citizenship.

smrit said:
It most probably depends on where your Local CIC office is. If you are from GTA (Mississauga, Scarborough or Toronto), You would definitely make it. Good luck!!

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RHH said:
hi.

Do not fret, the fact that its been 3 months means that your application wasn't returned. It may have been opened, and may or may not be in process. It does take some time for ecas to get updated. If you included an email address in your application, you should check there (or even your spam) maybe you received an email AOR. if not, I believe you should receive some news this week or next. Just be patient. Cheers!!!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
dav3000 said:
Hey Puzzled, have you received your AOR?
hi! No i havent received anything yet from them nor email or AOR ....its gonna be 3 months now.. ??? :( thats why im asking anyone from MONTREAL if they already got news..

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
_iMad_ said:
If you call CIC and go to the check application status menu, you'll hear a message telling you the date at which they processed all applications. As of today, it's Oct. 15. So technically you should not worry, you just not lucky your application has been put at the end of the pile and you will one of those who get processed last in your batch. But do check the date from time to time and call them if it changes but you do not receive AOR.
Thanks for the advice.. just gonna wait till end of JANUARY.. just im wondering why some people got their AOR faster than any other who submitted earlier than theirs.. i guess it depends on the provinces.. ::)

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
Thanks for the advice.. just gonna wait till end of JANUARY.. just im wondering why some people got their AOR faster than any other who submitted earlier than theirs.. i guess it depends on the provinces.. ::)
Well in fairness, you are justified to be worried seeing that you are from Montreal. Central Canada usually has the fastest processing time from what I have seen. if you provided an email, you can check to see if you received an email AOR (search for "Do not reply" bcos that's the subject CIC gives to their email). If you don't see anything just be patient and wait until last week in January. Alternatively, you could speak to a CIC agent and provide him/her with your tacking no and receipt no. This may help them locate your application and tell you the status of the application. Good luck!!!

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
hi! No i havent received anything yet from them nor email or AOR ....its gonna be 3 months now.. ??? :( thats why im asking anyone from MONTREAL if they already got news..
I'm from Montreal and received today my AOR, I sent my application 4 months ago lol .
Better to laugh, comparing to some august applicants (especially Scarborough office) who already pass their test and some november applicants who get their AOR in december...

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello

how I will know which local office I belong to if I live in Newmarket - Ontario . I know its early but its seems many of you know their local office already based where you live ?

Thanks

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they are processing applications received after Nov. 3rd. Mine was received Oct. 24 :eek: I just called CIC and the lady told me it could be that your application has not been opened yet, wait until the first week of February ! What do they mean when they say that "if your application has been sent or received after Nov. 3rd, it has not been processed yet". Does it mean that they finished processing all applications received before Nov. 3rd ???
I hope I have not made any mistakes in the app. ::)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
dav3000 said:
Well in fairness, you are justified to be worried seeing that you are from Montreal. Central Canada usually has the fastest processing time from what I have seen. if you provided an email, you can check to see if you received an email AOR (search for "Do not reply" bcos that's the subject CIC gives to their email). If you don't see anything just be patient and wait until last week in January. Alternatively, you could speak to a CIC agent and provide him/her with your tacking no and receipt no. This may help them locate your application and tell you the status of the application. Good luck!!!
thanks.. yeah im gonna do that if I didnt hear from them at end of January... :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Paco said:
I'm from Montreal and received today my AOR, I sent my application 4 months ago lol .
Better to laugh, comparing to some august applicants (especially Scarborough office) who already pass their test and some november applicants who get their AOR in december...

Hi Paco! nice to hear that im not the only one.. you submitted 4 months ago like september? i guess 3-4 months is the waiting time before we got AOR ..

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
AimHigher1 said:
Hello everyone,

Hi Called CIC two times.

My Application was delivered to Sydney on Oct 06,2014. NO AOR and NO study guide. No info.

But ecas shows processing started on Nov 25 for me and Nov 19 for my wife. Both applications delivered on Oct06,2014 in one package.

They told me over the phone, that our applications are in process. They are doing verification for our application. Once Verification is done, they are transferring our application to local Mississauga office.

They said not getting AOR is a system error. Its just piece of paper. They confirmed that they received our application and in process.

So My advise to those whose applications delivered in around that time and no response from CIC yet, Call them and see if the applications are in process and wait until they transfer the files to local office.

Anyone in the same process as me can contact me to update each other time to time.

Thanks!