+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

y_usel

Jan 22, 2014
Hey guys! I'm new here! :) Here is my online information:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2013.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y_usel said:
Hey guys! I'm new here! :) Here is my online information:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2013.
Hi y_usel!

What city are you from ?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
My application was received on November 4th. At the beginning i thought it was received on October 30th, Anyways, no updates on ECAS and called CIC today and no information on their system.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
I'm finally on Ecas :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 17, 2014.
Excellent-O. Glad to know that.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilua said:
OMG.....as has been the CIC said, I have been transferred to Scarborough.Does it mean that I will be RQed?
Not really, a september applicant is reportedly going to have his citizenship test soon and his local office is Scarborough

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajmalhotra7 said:
Hi minboui - Your local office will be Mississauga, if you do not get RQ. If there is an RQ or brighter chances of it , then it'd be Scarborough.
OMG.....as has been the CIC Call Center people said, I have been transferred to Scarborough.Does it mean that I will be RQed?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that CIC is going really fast for three reasons :

1 - because they CAN go fast

2 - They probably want to clear the backlog before switching to the new citizenship act that we know nothing about.

3 - A Political guess : Quebec's politics are not in favor of the conservatives nowadays, Jean Charest, their guy here, is no more in power and the Parti Quebecois is showing huge progress in voting intentions ( It is a minority government for the time being, but they can win a majority if elections are announced soon) - if the Parti Québecois wins a majority, the federal scene will be very shaky as the Block Quebecois might be able to get back and to reconfigure the tri-partisan nature of today's house of commons, and I think that nobody really would like to go into a referendum about Québec's future nowadays - so one of the ways to fight this is for the federal government to win the hearts of Quebec immigrants and to give them the right to vote before anything happens in Quebec. With Québec's charter issues, many religious people will never vote PQ, anglophones either, so the idea to grant all of these people the right to vote against whatever the PQ stands for is tempting when you are Harper! For the torries, the liberals and the NDP, the goal now is not to win a referendum, but not to loose the coming elections in Québec...

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
I think that CIC is going really fast for three reasons :

1 - because they CAN go fast
HAHA. I like that reason 8) YES WE CAN!!!

ramsfe said:
3 - A Political guess : ... so the idea to grant all of these people the right to vote against whatever the PQ stands for is tempting when you are harper!
Will vote against the PQ in a heart beat. Canada will win an extra vote here. Just process my application faster.

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
ramsfe said:
I'm finally on Ecas :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 17, 2014.
hi ramsfe

We have various id with which to check ecas info. Which ID are you using to check ecas?
I am trying all the ID's l have, but nothing showing.! I know they haven't posted anything yet but I keep checking.