+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applications

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Hello all,

Today I got my GCMS notes. I filed application on Oct 3, 2012.
Ecas shows app received.

Elegibility: In Process (Status - Recommend Passed)
Security: Not started
Criminality: In process
Medical: Not started.

Temporary resident status, minimum language proficiency, minimum level of education, required work experience: Met
RCMP- no reportable trace

My file was last assessed in June, then no updates after.
VO is satisfied with all documents and info provided, but he pointed out in the notes that PA's education does not match the field of work experience gained.
Would that be a problem???
Also, what is counterfoil?

I dont know what is causing delay if eligibility was recommend passed last June.

Thanks

jangad

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Octskapp

Do you mind sharing your NOC code?Mostly it should'nt be problem because it says recommended eligibility pass.

Thanks

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
octskapp said:
Hello all,

Today I got my GCMS notes. I filed application on Oct 3, 2012.
Ecas shows app received.

Elegibility: In Process (Status - Recommend Passed)
Security: Not started
Criminality: In process
Medical: Not started.

Temporary resident status, minimum language proficiency, minimum level of education, required work experience: Met
RCMP- no reportable trace

My file was last assessed in June, then no updates after.
VO is satisfied with all documents and info provided, but he pointed out in the notes that PA's education does not match the field of work experience gained.
Would that be a problem???
Also, what is counterfoil?

I dont know what is causing delay if eligibility was recommend passed last June.

Thanks
Security is checked by another dept/area so that part may also be impacted by strike. That's my take but obvs not sure.
I think counter foil is something to do with passport
Re education - did you apply with part of your education in Canada or with 2 yrs work xp? Recommended passed is better than recm,ended review

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
lpc19800 said:
Security is checked by another dept/area so that part may also be impacted by strike. That's my take but obvs not sure.
I think counter foil is something to do with passport
Re education - did you apply with part of your education in Canada or with 2 yrs work xp? Recommended passed is better than recm,ended review
Counterfoil is for those that require a visa (otherwise know as: not visa-exempt). It is used to determine who needs to proceed to PPR stage. If you do not require a visa to enter CAN, then once you have passed eligibility, medical and security, they send your COPR and you can do the landing. If you require a visa (counterfoil), and have passed eligibility, medical and security, then they request your passport (PPR), attach a visa and send back with COPR - you can then do the landing.

In other words.....counterfoil is a notation that identifies whether the PA needs to send in passport or not. No worries there.

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Thank you all for replies. :)
To answer your questions,

jangad,
My noc is 2283

Ipc19800,
I applied under student stream. I have attained canadian education credential.

CEC2013,
I am from a visa exempt country. Why does it say yes in my notes? strange...

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
octskapp said:
Thank you all for replies. :)
To answer your questions,
CEC2013,
I am from a visa exempt country. Why does it say yes in my notes? strange...
Interesting! However, worry not....this may yet change. All posts I've read so far indicate what I had told you earlier - visa exempt countries normally dont get a counterfoil. Its country to country.....every file/application is different. I dont find it to be a big deal even if you were to be required to do it. You'd lose a week or two that it takes them to do it.

Monitor your gcms notes and you should find out shortly after medical. :)

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yan_yy said:
Hi folks, does anybody know how long it's gonna take for CPP to mail back passport after PPR?
It depends, some people are receive within 2 weeks and others are waiting for like 7 weeks.

spr26

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and also an October applicant. My application was accepted on the 31st of October 2012. Since then I haven't heard of any news from them. Having said this, my work permit is about to expire in Dec this year and I found out that I am eligible for an bridging open work permit.

Till now I have been working on a closed Work permit which is associated only with my current employer and am in a management portfolio which has enabled me to apply under cec. If, i decide now to change jobs with the new open work permit, will it hamper or affect my current application in anyways ?

Please need your guidance ? especially if someone has been through the same situation as mine.

Cheers...

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spr26 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and also an October applicant. My application was accepted on the 31st of October 2012. Since then I haven't heard of any news from them. Having said this, my work permit is about to expire in Dec this year and I found out that I am eligible for an bridging open work permit.

Till now I have been working on a closed Work permit which is associated only with my current employer and am in a management portfolio which has enabled me to apply under cec. If, i decide now to change jobs with the new open work permit, will it hamper or affect my current application in anyways ?

Please need your guidance ? especially if someone has been through the same situation as mine.

Cheers...
You are good, once you receive the open work permit, you can change your employer...

this will not affect your PR nor anything.....

If you want to know the progress of your CEC application, you can even apply GCMS notes...which will in detail gives the status right from beginning when CIO received your file.

hparacha

Nov 4, 2012
Hi,

I have a question, I applied for my PR when I was in Canada, but then my work permit expired and I left the country. I am now in Pakistan.
I know I can do my medicals from here, but hopefully once I get the request for passport how can i get it to Canada?

please help!

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello All,

We got our MR ( family)...but we haven't RPRF request and bio data form yet. Many ppl in the form mentioned, they got the RPRF request with in few days of their medical request. Do I need to worry about it? In teh GCMS notes, it is mentioned the RPRF is outstanding. Advice Please.

Our Timelines

Application Received 12-Oct-2013

MR 10th July

Medicals done 23 July

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Hi all,

Is this strike thing really affecting CEC processing time?
My lawyer told me that despite the current strike, almost all of his clients are getting it in 12 months timeframe. Considering that, he said he didmt know if it really is causing a delay.
Any idea on this?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
octskapp said:
Hi all,
Is this strike thing really affecting CEC processing time?
My lawyer told me that despite the current strike, almost all of his clients are getting it in 12 months timeframe. Considering that, he said he didmt know if it really is causing a delay.
Any idea on this?
Cant be sure....but my theory is that they are using this time (when their resources and personnel are reallocated to other functions/places) to catch up on applications that are almost complete or are left over from July to September months. So, its not necessarily delayed, but rather slowed down a notch.....instead of expecting an answer in 7 months (eligibility assessment and MR), you may get it in 10 months. Too early to tell the full effects of the strike. The 12 month published figure is one calculated every quarter (for the past year)....not a forecast. Therefore, this could change next quarter to 14 months or whatnot. But, lets hope that they return to previous pace of processing, once the summer vacations and the strike pass.