Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
newlife23 said:
Hi everybody, just to share my landing experience this morning. It went through like a breeze. All the landing procedures plus briefing done in less than 20 minutes!!!My heartfelt thanks to all members who shared their knowledge and experiences which helped save us time and money. Thank you all
huh that's great. There rest of us are looking forward to that day.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
jab121 said:
hi all mate,
Does anyone from Qubec province applied in Oct 2011 (spouse sponsorship) in Missi, canada?
Outside canada visa office in Singapore?
Anyone approved sponsorship but not received any approval letter from cic still now?
We are from qubec and we need this letter for apply for CSQ nad i have the same situation please help me if u know anything....
thankssssss.....
Hi,,,im in the same situation,my wife has sent our application on October and she called them last January and they said she has been approved as sponsor,she did cal them many time to make sure of their answers,it was the same,she has been told she was approved to sponsor me,but she never gets any letter from them,and she called again and they said they have sent her another one,but my wife isn't from Quebec so we don't really need the approval letter for CSQ,,,but what makes me worry,now is that i haven't received any letter yet as an AOR from the visa office here in my country it takes so long,

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
gladiateur19 said:
Hi,,,im in the same situation,my wife has sent our application on October and she called them last January and they said she has been approved as sponsor,she did cal them many time to make sure of their answers,it was the same,she has been told she was approved to sponsor me,but she never gets any letter from them,and she called again and they said they have sent her another one,but my wife isn't from Quebec so we don't really need the approval letter for CSQ,,,but what makes me worry,now is that i haven't received any letter yet as an AOR from the visa office here in my country it takes so long,
Unfortunatley, you may never receive AOR from your embassy... some do, and some don't. It sucks but that's the way it is. I haven't received one from mine, but others that applied in October did, it is frusterating, but nothing I can do. It seems it might depend on the IO that handles your file.... if they feel like updating that information or not....

CanadaGirl2011

May 10, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
14-01-2012
File Transfer...
28-02-2012
Med's Request
Rec'd 01-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
A quick congrats to all the October applicants !! I'm traveling in Africa with my husband and we are 5 months into our wait for spousal visa ... I hope the wait time will be under one year... think of us!!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Jamgirl said:
Unfortunatley, you may never receive AOR from your embassy... some do, and some don't. It sucks but that's the way it is. I haven't received one from mine, but others that applied in October did, it is frusterating, but nothing I can do. It seems it might depend on the IO that handles your file.... if they feel like updating that information or not....
ouhhh i really do need that letter as AOR,,,it's really frusterating,,,,so you didn't receive anything too from your visa office?that's really sucks

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Please help guys!!!

I just realized on my APPENDIX A SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND/DECLARATION form question 6d where it says have you been refused a visa to Canada before, I answer NO by mistake because I was refused a visitors visa once before. Is there any way I can correct this? I am afraid if I don't correct it they might refuse me the visa thinking I was not honest. I am so depressed now please give me advice.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
jab121 said:
hi im also oct 2011 applicant from qubec...i approved 22 dec but not received my approval letter from cic. i need this letter urgent becouse of csq application. csq needs for qubec sponsor to start pr application outsite canada...

pls keep update if anyone got approval letter.....
hi,,im also oct 2011 applicant,,my wife(the sponsor)has been approved as sponsor,she called them and that's what they said,and they gave her a file number,but she never gets any letter from them or anything,,and me too here in morocco,i haven't received any thing from the visa office,,it's frustrating,,i really dont feel good about it,,,it sucks,,,

jab121

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladiateur19 said:
hi,,im also oct 2011 applicant,,my wife(the sponsor)has been approved as sponsor,she called them and that's what they said,and they gave her a file number,but she never gets any letter from them or anything,,and me too here in morocco,i haven't received any thing from the visa office,,it's frustrating,,i really dont feel good about it,,,it sucks,,,

jab121

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi are ur application from qubecc......have u received approval letter from cic.....thanks

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
jab121 said:
hi are ur application from qubecc......have u received approval letter from cic.....thanks
no my wife isn't from quebec and we didn't received any approval letter yet,but they said that my wife has been approved as sponsor,and they said they have sent a letter but we didn't get anything

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
I used to have someone like a common law partner in the country where I'm living now, but we never stayed together or have any serious relationship. When the form as me if I have ever had a common law partner i write NO. Can this lead to refusal of my visa?

Please help guys.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
Does the "common law relationship" status exists in your home country? if so were you in a common law relationship according to the definition in that country? My point is that it is like marriage, the validity depends on the laws of the country where it is performed.
So if your home country recognized "common law relationships" and according to the laws of your country (not those of Canada) you were in such relationship, I would write it down. If you had just a partner for a year and NO laws in your country made it an official marriage-like relationship, I would not mention it. Most people had bf/gf in the past.

Hope it helps..?

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
jab121 said:
how did you know you have been approved?did you call them???and have you received anything till now??or still nothing from Mississauga???and how about the VO in singapore?have they sent you any AOR,i mean to the sponsored person

jab121

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes called them end of Jan 2012 they said me i approved for sponsor they sent me letter but i did not received on that time thats why they sent me another letter on ent of Jan 2012 but still have no letter from them only waiting. My letter is very important as im from Qubec i have to apply for CSQ for my husband with this letter if not not get CSQ the PR application will not start outside Canada VO. As i told u i have not received anything from Singapore VO still. Keep update if no anythings thanksss.