+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicant from HAMILTON

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats, Still nothing happens to my app, ecms still on IP, don't know what happened.
Have you considered calling them?
I have a friend who applied with his 2 sons , they all had interview and test in same time.
Only the dad and one son got the decision made but not the other son.
They are all adults, and ecas doesn't show that they request anything from the son who didn't receive decision made.
My friend (the father) is really nervous about that . Do you recommend calling them to ask or not?
Any helpful advice is highly appreciated.

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
I have a friend who applied with his 2 sons , they all had interview and test in same time.
They are all adults, and ecas doesn't show that they request anything from the son who didn't receive decision made.
My friend (the father) is really nervous about that . Do you recommend calling them to ask or not?
Not sure how to contact them, but it's most likely you need to call centre call centre, since your app processing time is within "standard processing time", they won't carefully check your app and give you a reasonable answer.

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
BTW when was there test date and when did the 2 got DM

Reactions: Pcanadian

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Hamiltonians
Any updates? Have anyone got decision made status or even new oath invites?
Anyway, wish you all happy weekend and hearing good news in the next week

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what happened, still stuck on IP, ordered a note and it will be received on Mar 22 let's see what happened.
Have you ever considered calling them and asking if all the background clearances including security checks are done or not yet?
I believe they are still waiting for the security clearance to be completed. Because I don't think you have any problem with the residency, as if you do so then you would have received a request for extra documents by now, right?
Also in Calgary applicants thread , someone mentioned that the officer told him that for some reason security clearance is taking forever and that's why it's hard now to predict the exact period to get oath after interview. I also noticed most people who get quick DM status after interview had been requested to provide FP which I think has helped to finish security checks.

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
Have you ever considered calling them and asking if all the background clearances including security checks are done or not yet?
I believe they are still waiting for the security clearance to be completed. Because I don't think you have any problem with the residency, as if you do so then you would have received a request for extra documents by now, right?
Also in Calgary applicants thread , someone mentioned that the officer told him that for some reason security clearance is taking forever and that's why it's hard now to predict the exact period to get oath after interview. I also noticed most people who get quick DM status after interview had been requested to provide FP which I think has helped to finish security checks.
Hard to call them, call centre is crap. Most agent won’t open your file if you within the standard time. I prefer to wait for my note and see what happens to my app.

Reactions: Pcanadian