+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

sivas1981

Sep 28, 2015
My oci application status is under process.
Date Of Acknowledgment08-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

dbhavik1812

Sep 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am applying for OCI application and for the supporting document it requires Employment letter , it will take some time to get from my HR department , so instead of waiting for that Can i self declare a document with my company contact details and submit that document as an employment letter ?

sivas1981

Sep 28, 2015
My oci application status is under process.

Date Of Acknowledgment08-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2024 11:42:42 pm

We received the application on 08/05/2024.

It will still take about 3 months from this date to process and dispatch the OCI card to BLS.

Regards,

OCI Desk
Consulate General of India
#201-325, Howe Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1Z7
Canada
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cgivancouver/
Twitter: twitter.com/cgivancouver

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

It will still take about 3 months from this date to process and dispatch the OCI card to BLS.

Regards,

OCI Desk
#201-325, Howe Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1Z7
Canada
This is true for Vancouver and Ottawa.

Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

My wife and I are in the process of applying for OCI and are facing issues with the marriage certificate requirement. We were both Indian citizens and recently became Canadians. We are currently waiting for our surrender certificates.

Since we got married in Canada, do we need to have our marriage certificate attested by the Indian Commission (BLS)?

If yes, can we get it attested on the same day at BLS?

jkum

Aug 21, 2023
Hi Guys!
Quick question!
As per my e-citizenship certificate, my given name is blank and I have my full name under the Family Name. However, soon I will be applying for my Canadian Passport and will also be applying for OCI Card. I see online that many are saying to put XXX under given name in OCI application. Does this mean that I should change the given name on the Canadian Passport to XXX as well? Does both the given names in the OCI card as well as Canadian passport should say "XXX"?

Additionally if there is anyone who has given name as XXX on OCI card. Did you encounter any issues during your travels?
Please clarify if possible. Any insights into this will be really helpful! Thank you so much!

Maha.b.26

Mar 17, 2024
Hi Guys!
Quick question!
As per my e-citizenship certificate, my given name is blank and I have my full name under the Family Name. However, soon I will be applying for my Canadian Passport and will also be applying for OCI Card. I see online that many are saying to put XXX under given name in OCI application. Does this mean that I should change the given name on the Canadian Passport to XXX as well? Does both the given names in the OCI card as well as Canadian passport should say "XXX"?

Additionally if there is anyone who has given name as XXX on OCI card. Did you encounter any issues during your travels?
Please clarify if possible. Any insights into this will be really helpful! Thank you so much!
l

Hi, write "XXX" in the given name section for oci and leave it as is. On the Canadian passport application, write your full name in the full name/ surname section and leave the given name section empty. . This shouldn't be a problem as I have done the same; my given name is empty on my Canadian passport, and I have "XXX" on my OCi. It will be okay.

sivas1981

Sep 28, 2015

Regards,

OCI Desk
#201-325, Howe Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1Z7
Canada
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

MS. Subash

Jul 27, 2024
Hello,

I am planning to apply for OCI for my child, who was born in the USA. I have obtained her birth certificate, which has been apostilled in New York. Should I submit the original apostilled birth certificate or a copy of it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.