+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

harrysri

Sep 21, 2024
This is really strange, there's no OCI stamping of passport anymore. You should't be receiving an email like this. Please check with BLS before you reply. Also let us know what happens.
Finally I received the OCI through purolator today.
Update on my previous query: I have checked with BLS Center and the email was sent to me to confirm my address I am still at the same address. So I replied with my current address and I received the OCI document today.

OCI Document submitted for infant on 10-Aug-2024
Location - BLS, MISSISSAUGA
Date Of Acknowledgment20-AUG-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn11-SEP-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn12-SEP-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-SEP-2024
Received Purolator Tracking Id - 23-September
Received OCI - 24 September

Viktor13

Feb 13, 2023
Has anyone submitted OCI application by walk in recently at Ottawa location? My friend submitted OCI through walk in 2 months ago. But when I called BLS they said, they no longer accept walk in at Ottawa location

torono24

May 3, 2023
Finally I received the OCI through purolator today.
Update on my previous query: I have checked with BLS Center and the email was sent to me to confirm my address I am still at the same address. So I replied with my current address and I received the OCI document today.

OCI Document submitted for infant on 10-Aug-2024
Location - BLS, MISSISSAUGA
Date Of Acknowledgment20-AUG-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn11-SEP-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn12-SEP-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-SEP-2024
Received Purolator Tracking Id - 23-September
Received OCI - 24 September
Thanks for the update and glad you received the OCI for your child. Just curious, did you have a different address on your application form compared to the Purolator courier form that make you sign at the center? May be that's why you received this email about address check.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone submitted OCI application by walk in recently at Ottawa location? My friend submitted OCI through walk in 2 months ago. But when I called BLS they said, they no longer accept walk in at Ottawa location
BLS Ottawa was never crowded. Weird if they saying they stopped walk-in. 8 am - 9 am used to be walk-ins as 9 am is start of appointments. After that too they would keep accepting walk-ins in between appointments.

Reactions: Viktor13

harrysri

Sep 21, 2024
Thanks for the update and glad you received the OCI for your child. Just curious, did you have a different address on your application form compared to the Purolator courier form that make you sign at the center? May be that's why you received this email about address check.
No it was the same address.

singh859d

Aug 19, 2024
Congratulations. My Date Of Acknowledgment is also 16-Jul-24. Hopefully I get my status processed tomorrow.

***Update - Postal Application for Minor - Vancouver CGI***

Date of Acknowledgment: 16th July 2024

BLS site status: Processing at Consulate General

OCI Site: Processed

Date Of Acknowledgment16-Jul-24
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-Sep-24
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-Sep-24
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn24-Sep-24

I didn't get any notification from CGI/BLS. Check your OCI Status page for updates.

@harish21jun, you are next. Hopefully you get an update before this week ends.

Reactions: Navs11

yemanja79

Jul 14, 2023
Final update for OTTAWA application

Jurisdiction: Ottawa
Type: Walk In
Acknowledgement: Aug 3rd
Documents Printing: Sep 17th
Dispatched from MEA: Sep 18th
Arrived in Ottawa: Sep 23rd
Received via Purolator at home: Sep 25th

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Final update for OTTAWA application

Jurisdiction: Ottawa
Type: Walk In
Acknowledgement: Aug 3rd
Documents Printing: Sep 17th
Dispatched from MEA: Sep 18th
Arrived in Ottawa: Sep 23rd
Received via Purolator at home: Sep 25th
Did you take appointment for submission?

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Good day,

Can anyone help me with my request. My application status has changed to "Passport ready for collection" on the BLS site. However, I opted for the Purolator return service for the OCI and already paid for it to be delivered at home.

What are the next steps in the process. Do I still have to reach out to BLS? Thanks and appreciate your help.

**Update** Got the answer from the forum - Looks like BLS will update the status with Tracking# once they ship it.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good day,

Can anyone help me with my request. My application status has changed to "Passport ready for collection" on the BLS site. However, I opted for the Purolator return service for the OCI and already paid for it to be delivered at home.

What are the next steps in the process. Do I still have to reach out to BLS? Thanks and appreciate your help.

**Update** Got the answer from the forum - Looks like BLS will update the status with Tracking# once they ship it.
It it remains like this without tracking number for 4-5 days then by mistake BLS has marked it for collection. You need to call BLS and get it rectified.

Reactions: Navs11

test1267

Sep 25, 2024
I received my Surrender Certificate today and am planning to submit the OCI application by post. I have the following questions, and any help would be appreciated:
  1. Do we need to submit the Canadian passport along with the application form?(If needed, Do they keep the passport until OCI is delivered?)
  2. Do we need to upload self-attested documents on the portal?
  3. I have India travel planned for November 25. Would it be advisable to submit the application now or later?