+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
So finally after being in “Ready to Dispatch” status for 2 days we received our OCI cards today.. Timelines;
  • Submitted OCI application, in person at BLS Brampton - April 09
  • MEA Acknowledgement - May 04
  • Processed - May 25
  • Dispatched from MEA - May 26
  • BLS Ready to Dispatch - June 01
  • Received OCI in hand - June 03
Finally end of a painful process.. credit goes to this group who helped me keep my sanity :)

All the best to folks who are still out there… soon!!!
Congrats. Feels great to finally be at the end of the journey.

Reactions: manu.yoganand

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, quick question. What does PO stand for?

Certified cheque/DD/PO in favor of 'BLS International Services Canada Inc.' for – postal applications

I copied this from the entry visa information booklet.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
you will probably have to wait until it turns to “Available for pickup”. This status was for me also, had opted for courier service.
try calling them before you visit.
That makes sense.

I just tried calling, but the call center line seemed pretty useless. I hung up, and then immediately afterwards got a call from BLS, with a recorded message saying that your application is under process at the mission. I am not sure if this call came in because I just called, or was it an actual status update call.

Anyhow, I might even visit the BLS Center as it is is very close to my place. If the queue is short, I will take a chance.

PS: Congrats to you for your card! :)

Reactions: manu.yoganand

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I was creating a purolator shipping label with the following BLS address? 40 Gillingham Dr Unit 403, Brampton, ON L6X 4X7

However, Purolator tool is pointing to a church location and asking me whether to ignore. Did anyone else face this issue? Need to double check since I am mailing my Indian and Canadian passports original.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone has any experience with walk-in at Brampton BLS.. please guide me ?
I have an appointment for BLS Brampton for tomorrow under Visa category. I will likely not need it. Let me know if you need it. I will confirm by end of day today.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Yes, my spouse will be getting SC in 2.5 weeks. Applied on 21-May at BLS-Brampton & it is already in transit to BLS centre. As per internal status it is approved without PV. Not sure when it takes longer is it because of police verification.
@softwaretesting "PV" are you referring to Police Verification ?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
hi all,

can you just walk in for surrender of passport ? I will be driving from Windsor.. so I need to be certain..
any suggestions what time is best to reach for walk-in at Brampton BLS ?
i think you need to take an appointment. Walk in service is not available
@alexpolis007 @rusticdud Walk-In applications are allowed but Appointments are preferred. You need to be prepared to wait in a long line if you do not have an appointment. If coming all the way from Windsor I suggest you book an appointment as you will be let in within 5 minutes once you reach the location and complete the submission. It does not matter what category you select OCI/Passport/Visa on the sire all they care is your name is on the list of people who have appointment.

Good Luck

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
anyone has any experience with walk-in at Brampton BLS.. please guide me ?
@alexpolis007 I had both submissions walk-in with appt. for SC on Apr 6th received on 12th May then OCI 16th May both were hassle free and no issues for the most part at BLS Brampton.

I was forced to redo my photo for SC at their office and had some errors in my application my appt was at 9 AM person at the counter requested me to come back before 1:30 PM to resubmit my application.

OCI was a breeze appt. was at 10 AM reached at 9:58 AM let in by 10:07 AM out after submission by 10:27 AM on both occasions I denied their postal service politely as I live in western part of GTA you can check my signature for further info.

You may need postal service as you are based out of Windsor

Good Luck

Reactions: alexpolis007