+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ThenT

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
I think its highly unlikely because BLS and MEA treat each application as separately, if I understood correct you mean you have 3 OCIs applied and last one processed recently.

See BLS charge Courier services, Processing fee etc individual file it doesn't matter if all submitted together, At least not in My family case when they received OCI at BLS with a difference of 1 day and delivered through courier with same 1 day difference.
Yes, but 2 of my applications dispatched on 16 May, after that no update. One just got printed today.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi,
I think in our case, BLS is going to send all three documents together, as one of my last applications got processed today, it may take few days to reach Toronto and already 2 other documents are under hold with BLS? I guess that way.
the last one that was printed on 28May, is showing as dispatched (from MEA) on 29May. the first two, showing dispatched from MEA on 17May still showing no update.

Reactions: ThenT

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Hello Guys

I’m applying for my OCI

Do I need to fill spouse passport number, spouse issue place and validity as it’s not mandatory

Relationship with the Root Indian - Self

Thank you

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys

I’m applying for my OCI

Do I need to fill spouse passport number, spouse issue place and validity as it’s not mandatory

Relationship with the Root Indian - Self

Thank you
Yes you should like I suggested in this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10840067
Relationship with the Root Indian - Self (only if you had a previous Indian passport)

"In the online form, please fill up the column related to “Relationship with the root Indian” carefully. Herein the applicant is expected to mention the relation through which his/her Indian origin is established. For example, the applicant himself/herself was Indian Passport holder – “self” to be mentioned. If Father/Mother/Grandfather/Grandmother/Spouse was Indian national – then you need to write the exact relation by which the applicant’s Indian origin is established i.e., “Father” or “Mother” “Grandfather” “Grandmother” “Spouse” " https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-checklist/

Last edited:

zombie08

Aug 4, 2019
Hi,
I am going to apply for OCI at BLS (91 Oxford St, Toronto).
The courier fee is around $60/application.
What is the process to collect the OCI in-person?
Please advise.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
I am going to apply for OCI at BLS (91 Oxford St, Toronto).
The courier fee is around $60/application.
What is the process to collect the OCI in-person?
Please advise.
They don’t allow pickup in Toronto and Mississauga BLS
Brampton is a little flexible with it, provided your push back to their courier "le lee jiye naa sir" pitch if crafty ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: zombie08

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
On the online OCI application you have to follow:
  • Country of Birth (Drop Down Option)
  • State of Birth (Drop Down Option)
  • City of Birth (needs to be typed)

If you have mentioned that you are married but do not include spouse details is inviting trouble for yourself and chance for BLS to make money on your expense. Remember this is not a visa this provides you more or less a permanent status to travel to India etc, so you declare relevant details. Flip things around, didn't you declare spouse status/info when immigrating to Canada ?
Thanks for the information

city of birth - can I just put name of the city without IND

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Hi everyone, I have my OCI appointment tomorrow morning in Toronto. I was travelling until mid week and hence asked my friend to get the DD made. I received the DD today from him and it states his name as the purchaser. Do you think BLS will accept my DD? Or I should cancel the appointment for tomorrow and make another DD from my own bank account. Thanks

idogra

May 29, 2024
Hi everyone, I have my OCI appointment tomorrow morning in Toronto. I was travelling until mid week and hence asked my friend to get the DD made. I received the DD today from him and it states his name as the purchaser. Do you think BLS will accept my DD? Or I should cancel the appointment for tomorrow and make another DD from my own bank account. Thanks
No need to cancel. It doesn't matter whose name is in the DD. Speaking from my recent personal experience.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
purchaser name doesn't matter. yes, i've had OCI issued for the family with a single purchaser name.