+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Help! any affidavit example available for 'Place of birth is different' between indian and Canadian passport. The city is different and not just spelling
Hi,
This is the same as mine,
Indian passport village name and state name, where as in Canadian passport village name and IND,
BLS wanted me to write only the village name as in Canadian passport and don’t repeat IND as it would be added from the next column.
As Indian passport was cancelled, don’t consider it.
I paid 28 + 28 + 28 $ for 3 of our applications - correction to be done by BLS.
Don’t worry much, for sure BLS will find some or other mistakes however and how long you spend time on form filling.
TQ

Reactions: anburaj

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Hi,
This is the same as mine,
Indian passport village name and state name, where as in Canadian passport village name and IND,
BLS wanted me to write only the village name as in Canadian passport and don’t repeat IND as it would be added from the next column.
As Indian passport was cancelled, don’t consider it.
I paid 28 + 28 + 28 $ for 3 of our applications - correction to be done by BLS.
Don’t worry much, for sure BLS will find some or other mistakes however and how long you spend time on form filling.
TQ
i hope you taken demand draft for OCI fee?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Is the whole OCI tracking process via BLS website? Or is there a point after which tracking occurs elsewhere and then back to BLS?
Acknowledgement would come up on OCI website: https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnquryim about 20 days
Later on it will move to the following stages and dates will be populated accordingly
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOnDD-MM-YYYY
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOnDD-MM-YYYY
Document received AtTORONTOOnDD-MM-YYYY

First the acknowledgement date is updated and usually between 3-4 weeks these 3 statuses (mentioned in the table) are updated.
If these Printed, Dispatched, Received dates are mentioned, then usually by next week you can expect to receive the OCI in your hand.

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
Received OCI via Purolator @ home for my daughter on 2nd May 2024.
Election time impact seems to be happening here on OCI apps so good for people like us who applied on this timeline, atleast can get the OCI processed on time and travel without fuss :)
Date Of Acknowledgment01-APR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number****
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn23-APR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-APR-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn01-MAY-2024

Sunny75871

May 27, 2020
Hello I have applied for OCI on Feb 29th, 2024 and acknowledgement on March 1st, 2024. The mission is Vancouver and its almost 9+ weeks and still the application says Under process. Kind of confused on application, is anyone on the same boat.

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Hello I have applied for OCI on Feb 29th, 2024 and acknowledgement on March 1st, 2024. The mission is Vancouver and its almost 9+ weeks and still the application says Under process. Kind of confused on application, is anyone on the same boat.
I have same timeline. Applied on 29th February. Acknowledgement date 2nd March. Still showing under process

Reactions: Sunny75871

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Hi Friends,

I have started with OCI application for my wife and stuck on below steps due to her recent unemployment. She was working in IT company till 30-Apr and now unemployment, in that case what should I select in below fields.

30. Occupation:
31. Employer's Address:
32. Employer's contact number:

During document upload, what document should I upload? any reference/letter format for unemployment case.
Please help here..

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Friends,

I have started with OCI application for my wife and stuck on below steps due to her recent unemployment. She was working in IT company till 30-Apr and now unemployment, in that case what should I select in below fields.

30. Occupation:
31. Employer's Address:
32. Employer's contact number:

During document upload, what document should I upload? any reference/letter format for unemployment case.
Please help here..
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-employment-proof.729963/post-10600734

Reactions: Mum2Can

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello, I’m kind of confused whether to
Upload original docs or self attested copies on OCi portal ?
Do I need to attest my marriage certificate from anywhere ? It was issued by rejistrar authority office in india.

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do I need to attest my marriage certificate from anywhere ? It was issued by rejistrar authority office in india.

Thanks
Upload can be of original doc. Submission(courier/in-person) need to be of self attested docs.
Does your passport already have your spouse details?

Reactions: Ckay128

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Thanks
Self attested documents are only required to be submitted to BLS
For uploads you can follow this
Docs for Adults: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
Docs for Kids: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10374728

Reactions: Ckay128