Other
Sharing the timeline for minor's OCI application

Applied- March 25th,2024
Acknowledged- April 10th
Processed and dispatched- May 2nd

Reactions: cecict
Aug 17, 2020
Good day all,
I am in the process of submitting OCI application for myself & my infant. Submission will be at Ottawa BLS Office. Questions: (some may have been answered previously, but I am looking at feedback from kind folks who have recently gone through the process)
1) Do I have to submit my Canadian Passport to BLS for processing & they keep it for 8~12 weeks? Or an attested copy with original for verification which will be handed back during the application submission?
2) What kind of detail in the professional work letter one requires?
3) Do we need to carry any other documents for the minor other than the checklist? for verification?

More queries may come as I go through the documents and checklists.

Thank you for your time.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Good day all,
I am in the process of submitting OCI application for myself & my infant. Submission will be at Ottawa BLS Office. Questions: (some may have been answered previously, but I am looking at feedback from kind folks who have recently gone through the process)
1) Do I have to submit my Canadian Passport to BLS for processing & they keep it for 8~12 weeks? Or an attested copy with original for verification which will be handed back during the application submission?
2) What kind of detail in the professional work letter one requires?
3) Do we need to carry any other documents for the minor other than the checklist? for verification?

More queries may come as I go through the documents and checklists.

Thank you for your time.
No they don't keep the Canadian passport. Just the self attested photocopy to be attached. But do take the original documents with you as they just verify it in person and then give it back to you.

your job letter should be more then enough. You can hide your personal information like income and stuff from it if you don't want to share it with them.

for minor just the documents listed on the checklist. I followed the BLS checklist which didn't mention that I had to bring my surrender certificate and citizenship certificate soft copy as well. Luckily I had it in my phone so BLS accepted it. Just take everything you have to be on the safer side.

mr.vkings

May 2, 2024
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 02/05/2024 08:21 PM IST)
Applicant NameXXXXXXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment10-APR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

When can I expect my OCI to deliver to my home?
Thanks

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 02/05/2024 08:21 PM IST)
Applicant NameXXXXXXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment10-APR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

When can I expect my OCI to deliver to my home?
Thanks
Mine dispatched the same day. So sometime next week. You should get it next week sometime too I m guessing.

Reactions: mr.vkings

Eddiekl39

May 2, 2024
Help! any affidavit example available for 'Place of birth is different' between indian and Canadian passport. The city is different and not just spelling

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Help! any affidavit example available for 'Place of birth is different' between indian and Canadian passport. The city is different and not just spelling
Draft: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406
Contact of Notary if you are in Brampton https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852
discuss with notary your requirement, they will draft the affidavit for you, if you are ok with the wording go and get the affidavit certified with the notary

Eddiekl39

May 2, 2024
Below was a sample for place of birth discrepancy. On similar lines you can create for name too.

Affidavit for discrepancy

"I <name> residing at <address>, do solemnly affirm and declare as under:

That I am naturalized Canadian citizen since <date>

That I am in the midst of submitting my application for OCI to India, and that I am submitting

this affidavit due to a mismatch in my Indian and Canadian passports regarding my place of

birth.

I hereby declare that I was born on <DOB> in the city of Bhavnagar in Gujarat State,

India.

That my Indian passport no. <PPT#> has the place of my birth appropriately mentioned as

'Bhavna (GS)'. Whereas, in my Canadian passport no. <PPTCDN#> the place of birth is just

mentioned as Gujarat, IND

I hereby wish to clarify that GS and Gujarat State are one and the same. Gujarat State is simply

abbreviated as GS on my Canadian passport. Also the city of my birth 'Bhavna' is not mentioned

on my Canadian passport.

I'd also like to point out that my place of birth is listed as Bhavna, Gujarat State, India on all of

my documents (including educational records, police clearance certificates, and previous

immigration records), and I obtained my Canadian citizenship based on the same documents and

after passing all background checks.

That I am executing this declaration to resolve any discrepancies between my Indian passport

and my Canadian passport about my place and state of birth.

I also understand that a person who knowingly and wilfully falsifies this affidavit is subject to

criminal punishment as provided by law.

Signature:

Printed Name:"

This worked?

Eddiekl39

May 2, 2024
Draft: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406
Contact of Notary if you are in Brampton https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852
discuss with notary your requirement, they will draft the affidavit for you, if you are ok with the wording go and get the affidavit certified with the notary
But in my case the place of birth is different, village name in indian passport and city name in canadian passport

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
But in my case the place of birth is different, village name in indian passport and city name in canadian passport
Reach out to the Notary see what they suggest.
Is it possible for you to go back to Passport Canada and change the place of birth as per the one on your Indian passport ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
This may cause issue. You should have kept your Canadian and Indian passport place of birth in sync. Not sure if affidavit BLS accepts in such cases.