+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI for minors with foreign citizenship at birth: Original passport submission

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Requesting assistance as I didn’t see this asked before.

Are parents & minors’ original foreign passports required to be sent to the consulate? I’m finding conflicting information in 2 separate document checklists so wanted to confirm.

We have travel plans so would rather keep the passports with us. Are we required to send the original passports or just photocopies are enough?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Are parents & minors’ original foreign passports required to be sent to the consulate? I’m finding conflicting information in 2 separate document checklists so wanted to confirm.

We have travel plans so would rather keep the passports with us. Are we required to send the original passports or just photocopies are enough?
Photocopies are enough

Reactions: albak

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017

Submitted my minor daughter's OCI application at BLS Brampton(Walk-in) on Oct 10, 2024. They just checked Canadian Passport with application details and returned Passport. If you are submitting postal application then only copies of document required. No need to submit original

Reactions: albak

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

If you are submitting the application in person at BLS, you should take all originals and self attested copies (parents and minors documents). BLS will verify and return the original over the counter at the same time
If you are submitting application by post send only self attested copies along with the application

You can refer this post for the documents https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10828873