15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
hi!
im here as a visitor, but going back to my home country, try to find a job and then apply TWP and come back.
can i apply any kind of job? or does it have to be something where i have trade of, where i have graduate?

how long usually can apply temporary work permit? 1year?

even if i dont have experience of kids, can i apply lito live-in caregiver program?

my educate is hairdresser.

thanks alot ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Millu said:
hi!
im here as a visitor, but going back to my home country, try to find a job and then apply TWP and come back.
can i apply any kind of job? or does it have to be something where i have trade of, where i have graduate?

how long usually can apply temporary work permit? 1year?

even if i dont have experience of kids, can i apply lito live-in caregiver program?

my educate is hairdresser.

thanks alot ;)
Can you find an employer as an aesthetician or hairdresser? You can't be in the live in caregiver program without the necessary training certificate or at least one year experience as nanny or senior caregiver. You have to obtain an LMO from an employer and you can do that while you are still in Canada.

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
thank you soooo much =)

i am trying to find a job offer as a hairdresser, but i want to do something else, i have experience different kind of jobs.
if i find job offer from hairdressing, can i apply TWP or skilled worker???

thanks again...everything just seem so difficult...but thanks god we have this forum and senior members =)

lady_lee

Jan 7, 2010
hello everyone!.. can you tell me how to apply for a visitor's visa or temporary work permit? I'm a registered nurse and I wanted to go there directly so that I can find an employer, even as a caregiver or a licensed practical nurse. And also, if I am only a visitor, will I have a hard time finding a work and registering my papers there? I mean how long will it take before I get hired? I believed that LPN's are in demand in your country right now?

Honestly, I have a difficult time finding a work here in our country.

Hope you could help me. :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lady_lee said:
hello everyone!.. can you tell me how to apply for a visitor's visa or temporary work permit? I'm a registered nurse and I wanted to go there directly so that I can find an employer, even as a caregiver or a licensed practical nurse. And also, if I am only a visitor, will I have a hard time finding a work and registering my papers there? I mean how long will it take before I get hired? I believed that LPN's are in demand in your country right now?

Honestly, I have a difficult time finding a work here in our country.

Hope you could help me. :(
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

Hope this helps. You can apply as a caregiver. You have to look for an employer who'll apply for LMO for you. But as a nurse I think you can apply under PNP or skilled worker if you have at least a year of experience as a nurse.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Millu said:
thank you soooo much =)

i am trying to find a job offer as a hairdresser, but i want to do something else, i have experience different kind of jobs.
if i find job offer from hairdressing, can i apply TWP or skilled worker???

thanks again...everything just seem so difficult...but thanks god we have this forum and senior members =)
I don't know if working as a hairdresser is consider skilled, but if you can find an employer who can get you a positive LMO then you can apply for a WP.

Baizen

Jan 8, 2010
Hi, I am a musician and in F1 visa at the moment. I don't have proof for work experience since all I did was teaching private lessons. That says I can't apply for skilled worker right? Can I get a visitor visa and look for a job while I am in Canada, then apply for TWP later if I get an offer?

Hope you can help me to answer these questions !!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Baizen said:
Hi, I am a musician and in F1 visa at the moment. I don't have proof for work experience since all I did was teaching private lessons. That says I can't apply for skilled worker right? Can I get a visitor visa and look for a job while I am in Canada, then apply for TWP later if I get an offer? yes

Hope you can help me to answer these questions !!
Have you searched Canadian jobsites as to the availability of the type of job you'd be doing should you move to Canada?

Baizen

Jan 8, 2010
I have searched in job bank and found a number of employers who are looking for music teacher. So I am quite positive about getting a job but not sure how complicated the paper work would be. And I know I will have to make in-person interview. That's why I'm thinking of getting visitor visa first.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Baizen said:
I have searched in job bank and found a number of employers who are looking for music teacher. So I am quite positive about getting a job but not sure how complicated the paper work would be. And I know I will have to make in-person interview. That's why I'm thinking of getting visitor visa first.
As long as you can show proof of ties with the US (you are a student there, right?), there should not be any problem. And should you find an employer who's willing to get an LMO for you, get a positive result, you can then apply for your visa/work permit in the US when you go back. All the best :)

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
thanks for answers!!! ;D

im wondering, if i rent a chair (im hairdresser), is that count as self employer???
does anyone knows???

thanks alot again :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
fHI

Millu said:
thanks for answers!!! ;D

im wondering, if i rent a chair (im hairdresser), is that count as self employer???
does anyone knows???

thanks alot again :)
No, and CIC will not give you a work permit for it either.

PMM

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
thanks alot!

im wondering...you can find hairstylist from NOC list
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6271

so i should be able to apply temporary work permit?right? if my employer can prove that s/he wants me to work.

thanks again! you senior member are HUGE help!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Millu said:
thanks alot!

im wondering...you can find hairstylist from NOC list
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6271

that doesnt mean i can apply as a skilled worker(i have education and over 4years experience)???

thanks again! you senior member are HUGE help!
Why not try to see if you can find an employer (salons, beauty shops) who's willing to submit a LMO in your name. Search the websites for job openings, while you are still in Canada; apply and go for interviews if you find somebody willing to hire a foreign worker. And since you are from a "visa free" country go to the nearest POE and get your work permit, if and when a positive LMO is obtained. Note that it takes a while for advertising and recruitment efforts to be shown before the employer can file for LMO. The key is start searching for prospective employers now.

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
job_seeker thank you soooooo much for all the help!!! all the best for you!