+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

marlenitata

Sep 21, 2014
utarkashi said:
I am waiting since March 2014.
Good luck !! its st.clair

Hi,
I also gave my test in St. Clair in March 2014 and I'm still waiting for the oath ceremony. I called immigration and I was told that my aplication was reviewed by a judge in July 2014 and that has been approved. They told me to keep waiting for the oath ceremony and that my application is in Scarborough. I'm in the longest process which is supposed to take 35 months. I am in the month #36 and my process is still not finished. On Sept. 12 I called CIC again and the agent requested an updated of my status and told me: " If you don't hear from us until December 2014, call us back"

marlenitata

Sep 21, 2014
St Clair said:
Did my test 21th November 2013, still waiting for oath Ceremony
Hi, Did you do your test in St. Clair???? Did you get the invitation for the oath ceremony or are you still waiting? Today is September 21, 2014. I did my test in St. Clair on March 2014 and I'm still waiting for the invitation.

marlenitata

Sep 21, 2014
Moe... said:
Yeah i agree with you, we ALL have waited too long :mad:
Get a latest ATIP report to know whats going on and share the updated info with us.
What is an ATIP? How is an ATIP helpful? and where do you request that?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
marlenitata said:
Hi,
I also gave my test in St. Clair in March 2014 and I'm still waiting for the oath ceremony. I called immigration and I was told that my aplication was reviewed by a judge in July 2014 and that has been approved. They told me to keep waiting for the oath ceremony and that my application is in Scarborough. I'm in the longest process which is supposed to take 35 months. I am in the month #36 and my process is still not finished. On Sept. 12 I called CIC again and the agent requested an updated of my status and told me: " If you don't hear from us until December 2014, call us back"
If your case is already approved it will NOT take that long for scheduling the Oath ceremony. Its matter of couple of months and now you can expect it any day.

CIC agents are stressed out guys, mostly misleading and their answers are meant to discourage the callers. ;D So, cheer up now !!!

ATIP - Access to Information and Privacy
(https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en)

The Canadian PR's & Citizens can request the report about their pending cases from the concerned government.

The online form is very user friendly, Select the following from the drop down list, (1) Department - CIC, (2) Fill in your case details,
(3) Select Report Type -a) ATIP (Cost $5) Or Privacy Act (Free) (4) Media in which report is desired : Print out Or Email.

You will get report exactly in ONE month from the date of your request and gives you an idea at what stage your processing is......

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marlenitata said:
Hi,
Unacceptable. It seems the CIC doesn't give a $h@& how frustrating and mind numbingly stressful it is to wait 3 yrs for a piece of paper.

Would you plz post your timeline?

amadreamer

Aug 13, 2014
Marylulu said:
No,still waiting,text Feb 13.
I took the test in Feb as well and nothing yet. Last week I received my ATIP and it indicates that in April, my file was given to Judge for review and that the Judge has requested a "Res Hrg" and file was returned to RQ queue. In June's status: "File held for further review/analysis". Early July's event: "Citizenship interview" Status: "Correspondence Sent".

I think I will request another ATIP at 3 month's time.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amadreamer said:
I took the test in Feb as well and nothing yet. Last week I received my ATIP and it indicates that in April, my file was given to Judge for review and that the Judge has requested a "Res Hrg" and file was returned to RQ queue. In June's status: "File held for further review/analysis". Early July's event: "Citizenship interview" Status: "Correspondence Sent".

I think I will request another ATIP at 3 month's time.
Indeed its long time since you wrote the test. I dont think you have to wait for 3 months to request another ATIP. You can apply for new ATIP once you get a report.

Dont wait long for the CIC's promised "Correspondence", promptly follow up with CIC. In many cases CIC claimed correspondence sent but never reached, and applicants lost months just waiting. BTW : In total how many physical presence days you had when you applied.

If a case is assigned to Citizenship Judge for hearing, it takes well over a year or so. As suggested by readers here, instead candidates can withdraw their pending files and re-apply. As under the new rules it will be processed much faster. Wish you all the best.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
[quo, te author=look4d link=topic=183755.msg3544075#msg3544075 date=1411442666]
Hi amadreamer,
What "Res Hrg" means ?

[/quote]

I'm not sure but from the reader's comment, I guess its "Residency Hearing" with Citizenship Judge or something about residency concerns.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
I finally took oath on Sep 20 and finished the long journey. Thanks for people here to share feelings and provide information.

My timeline is as below:

Submit application: Sep 15 2011
Got RQ: Mar 2012
Test passed at St. Clair: Mar 19, 2014
Take Oath: Sep 20, 2014

During this very long wait, I applied for ATIP and it was really helpful. One week later, the Judge approved my case on June 10. The last time I called CIC was when it came to 35 months, the agent told me that she would take a note to request Scarborough to repond, and then after 2 weeks I got the oath letter.

Hopefully this information is helpful for people here and wish everyone get oath letter soon.. :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontores said:
I finally took oath on Sep 20 and finished the long journey. Thanks for people here to share feelings and provide information.

My timeline is as below:

During this very long wait, I applied for ATIP and it was really helpful. One week later, the Judge approved my case on June 10. The last time I called CIC was when it came to 35 months, the agent told me that she would take a note to request Scarborough to repond, and then after 2 weeks I got the oath letter.

Hopefully this information is helpful for people here and wish everyone get oath letter soon.. :)
Congratulations !!!, Indeed its big relief. If you dont mind, can you please advise many total physical days you had when you applied.

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
torontores said:

My timeline is as below:

What a a great news, Congratulation.. What do you mean by "Judge approved my case". Is it an entry from your AITP report ? Is so after how many days you received the oath Letter.. Thanks

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
Hi guys, is there any rules how I can request AITP report, I mean how many time and how frequent.. I already requested two times. Thanks for your taught.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kdta said:
Hi guys, is there any rules how I can request AITP report, I mean how many time and how frequent.. I already requested two times. Thanks for your taught.
I'm not aware of any restriction to the number of times you can request ATIP reports. Well, its the same site from where you requested it earlier. I had given the URL for requesting the ATIP, you will find it on top of this page.

Surprisingly even after the Judge approved the file, it took over 100 days for the Oath. So, that's time frame the readers have to consider.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
Thank you guys!! :)

To Canadiandesi2006:

My physical residence was 3 years and 1 months. I think my case was delayed because of some reasons- the intent to stay etc. However, it is a long story and
it is case by case... I know your case is short of residence days, my suggestion is how about consulting professionals to see if withdrawal then re-submit a good idea? As I know, the timeline for the current case is 7 months on average. Just provide you another option..

To kdta:

I believe it is because I applied for ATIP, then Judge approved my case, on my first ATIP report, there was something like 'Citizenship was granted..' along with the Judge Name which occurred about 1 week after I applied for the ATIP. And also from this report, I get to know my case was transferred to Scarborough for
oath arrangement.

And then I wait for 1 months more, nothing happened, I call CIC several times, no progress, then I applied for 2nd ATIP, however, there was no relevant progress on this report. So I assume ATIP has no effect on facilitating the oath arrangement.

My case is over 35 months, during this period, I try to mail CIC, update my status including my involvement with community work and my current job situation etc to let them know I really concern about this matter...