+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think so. Is better to apply here after 2 business days for urgent procedure for 24 hours
You cold go and ask at Passport Canada Service desk

afghanboy

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 to ISB; 01-27-2014 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014 Khudaya Shukor!
LANDED..........
Its my choice now! :D
lala je said:
I am senior, attended interview on Feb 10, 2014 at St Clair Office. Finally today my e-status has been updated and also received Pink oath letter. Oath is scheduled on May 15 :) :) :)
Hope most of us will hear GOOOOOOOD news this week.

I have an issue, i intend to travel backhome on May 18th, can i apply for passport abroad (back home) on presenting the citizenship certificate?
Congratz lala je!!! My dad is also senior and he did the interview on March 31, 2014 and he is still waiting for the oath and he also has travel plans end of this month...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Can any of the recipients of "Citizenship Oath" letters please publish letter off course hiding their name and dates for the benefit of other readers.

Fellow forum readers, some of you have express the interest to travel outside the country before or immediately after the Citizenship Oath, a friendly advise, having waiting breathlessly for months please DO NOT take a chance.

Try to get attend the Oath Ceremony, get the Canadian Passport and travel carefree to avoid any problems later.

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
lala je said:
toronto60:
I am still confused nobody is answering my question.
My question is, can I apply for canadian passport back home by presenting the citizenship certificate?
To leave canada you need to have ur pr card or either ur canadian passport . So when you attend oath ceremony they will take ur pr card. It means for the first time after oath ceremony you should apply for your canadian passport inside the country. For the next times yes you can renew it wherever you are on this planet via canadian consulate. So I am pretty sure you cant even leave canada without your canadian passport

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
sauga said:
Hey all,

I called CIC today and apparently they have sent me the Oath letter on April 30 for Oath ceremony in Mississauga on May 14.

I haven't received it yet, nor has ecas been updated.

My timeline is as follows:
Applied: April 2013
Received RQ: July 2013
Replied to RQ with supporting documents: September 2013 to Mississauga
Notice to prepare for test: January 2014
Test: March 24, 2014 at St. Clair
Oath: May 14, 2014 at Mississauga

My local office is Mississauga, my file had been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga on April 14, 2014.

The files are moving guys! My observation, though, is that Mississauga is scheduling faster Oath than Scarborough once St. Clair sends them the file.

Best of luck!!
Congrats Sauga. Happy for you and everyone here who got their oath letters. Pls pray for everyone.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
rk3 said:
Hi guys.. I got an oath letter.. Although it is not a conventional " pink letter "

What is the diff between pink or white letter..

Also my scheduled oath date is not listed as a ceremony in cic website?

Thanks
Congrats RK3. Hope everyone receive their oath letters soon.

babariz

Mar 30, 2014
BalajiR said:
I wrote my test on 24th Feb and am trying to follow mosh, dossip, QAI, canadiansoon....

Congratulations to u.u....

Iam not active on this forum However I passed my test on Feb 21,2014 will be following you guys Balaji.Dossip,Qai.Canadiansoon.
Thanks for the updates guys..

sauga

Apr 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Can any of the recipients of "Citizenship Oath" letters please publish letter off course hiding their name and dates for the benefit of other readers.

Fellow forum readers, some of you have express the interest to travel outside the country before or immediately after the Citizenship Oath, a friendly advise, having waiting breathlessly for months please DO NOT take a chance.

Try to get attend the Oath Ceremony, get the Canadian Passport and travel carefree to avoid any problems later.
Here is the content of the letter:

NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO TAKE THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP

Please appear on: [date + time]
At: [location]

When you come to take the Citizenship Oath, you must bring with you:
* This notice
* 2 pcs of personal ID, one of which has a photograph and signature
* All your original documents that support your citizenship application - Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292) and PR card. If you have both, you must bring both.
* (optional) a holy book, of your choice, if you wish to use one to sear the Oath of Citizenship
* All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)

If you do not attend this event at the above date, time and place, you will have to either:
1. File a new application for citizenship, or
2. Convince the judge that you could not appear for good reason. You must do this within 60 days of the above date.

This letter also comes with a media consent form that you must sign and bring with you.

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afghanboy said:
Congratz lala je!!! My dad is also senior and he did the interview on March 31, 2014 and he is still waiting for the oath and he also has travel plans end of this month...
But in my case i have to travel on 18th May, and my oath is scheduled on 15th......worried ::).

sauga

Apr 17, 2014
lala je said:
But in my case i have to travel on 18th May, and my oath is scheduled on 15th......worried ::).
lala je, you can only travel back to Canada once you have your passport, as your PR card will be surrendered at the time of oath.

If you have family members who are living with you, I would advise you to submit your application for Passport via mail (canada post) before you travel. It takes 20 days to process. The passport will also be issued and delivered to you through Canada Post mail, and a family member living at your address should be able to receive it and then forward it to you (so you can travel back).

You can find the information here: http://passport.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng&region=Canada#CPC

If all else fails, you can apply at a Canadian embassy abroad, but I think its safer to do it within Canada.

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sauga said:
lala je, you can only travel back to Canada once you have your passport, as your PR card will be surrendered at the time of oath.

If you have family members who are living with you, I would advise you to submit your application for Passport via mail (canada post) before you travel. It takes 20 days to process. The passport will also be issued and delivered to you through Canada Post mail, and a family member living at your address should be able to receive it and then forward it to you (so you can travel back).

You can find the information here: http://passport.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng&region=Canada#CPC

If all else fails, you can apply at a Canadian embassy abroad, but I think its safer to do it within Canada.
Sauga.....Thankyou very much, ;D now i am clear the link was very informative, my family and kids live in canada they can collect or receive my passport and onward deliver it to me. +1 for you

afghanboy

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 to ISB; 01-27-2014 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014 Khudaya Shukor!
LANDED..........
Its my choice now! :D
lala je said:
Can u share ur timeline plz... and when do u think my dad will get his oath letter?

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afghanboy said:
Can u share ur timeline plz... and when do u think my dad will get his oath letter?
Applied in March 2013
RQ received in December 2013
RQ submitted In Jan 2014
Interviewed on Feb 10, 2014
Oath on May 15th, 2014

Don't worry Afghanboy, hopefully your dad will receive Oath letter this month.

Dua kawa

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lala je said:
Applied in March 2013
RQ received in December 2013
RQ submitted In Jan 2014
Interviewed on Feb 10, 2014
Oath on May 15th, 2014

Don't worry Afghanboy, your dad will receive Oath letter this month.

Dua kawa
Where will be the oath ceremony, which office