+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with Martin0473. If I will get to meet the CIC Min or a conservative MP in my own ceremony I'd tell them how f....d up they are. And that I won't be shaking his hand.

These people who run the CIC are the most sinister, callous and dishonest men and women I have ever seen in my whole life. Canada doesn't deserve me.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martin0473 said:
thanks for the reply. I really appreciate everyone's advice!

The atip report said File approved and granted and will be transferred to CIC Mississauga to be scheduled for a ceremony on 2014/11/04. Now I am still waiting for oath...
I feel your pain martin0473. 40 months of waiting time is really too ridiculous. It is bad very very bad on CIC's part to keep people waiting. There has to be some kind of reform and change in the process. We are all in the same boat of suffering.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
martin0473 said:
my timeline is

office: st clair
applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

just checked my ATIP report, it said that my application was granted and will be transferred to missisauga to be scheduled for oath ceremony on 2014/11.

now, I have been waiting for more than 36 months and 6 months after test has already passed. I mean how much longer do I have to wait!!!!!! this government is like in the third world. maybe even developing countries are processing paper work faster!
I completely understand your frustration and its really terrible experience dealing with CIC.

Judging from other candidates whose files too were transferred from St.Claire to other locations, it took approximately 90 - 100 days for scheduling their Oath ceremonies.

Considering that time scale and holidays last month, you can expect something soon either this month or in another couple of months.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Effective January 1, 2015 at 12:01am, Citizenship processing fees for adult grant applications will increase from $300 to $530. The Right of Citizenship fee will remain $100.

Applications received by CIC on or after January 1, 2015 will require the new processing fee ($530) plus the Right of Citizenship fee ($100), if applicable, for a total of $630. Incomplete applications returned prior to January 1, 2015 and received by CIC after the fee increase will require the new processing fee.

Note: If your application is not complete or is missing information, we will return it to you. Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and overseas addresses.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Moe... said:
Effective January 1, 2015 at 12:01am, Citizenship processing fees for adult grant applications will increase from $300 to $530. The Right of Citizenship fee will remain $100.

Applications received by CIC on or after January 1, 2015 will require the new processing fee ($530) plus the Right of Citizenship fee ($100), if applicable, for a total of $630. Incomplete applications returned prior to January 1, 2015 and received by CIC after the fee increase will require the new processing fee.

Note: If your application is not complete or is missing information, we will return it to you. Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and overseas addresses.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp
This is an election year, the government need lot of money someway or other to continue their laxity in processing. Government cannot afford to raise the taxes now and risk their re-elections. Besides the helpless Citizenship applicants who else can be forced and will silently pay.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I am pretty sure at this point, they are burning out the 36 month waiting period. we are almost there, got 6.5 months to go!

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martin0473 said:
2014/10 - I called CIC telling them 36 months had passed. I need cic to take action. they just sent me a useless letter(CIT0011) saying " your application is in queue to be assigned and reviewed by a citzenship offier." Basically, It told me nothing. I still consistently called weekly. they said my RQ had not yet be reviewed to determine whether or not I passed. I was so shocked that CIC didn't check my RQ for the past two years and it still didn't be approved?
That letter really pissed me off. I am bemused how Canadian government can treat immigrants. I'm at 37 months mark and still counting. No explanations, no reasonable timelines, no idea for how long more we have to wait. And when you receive this "letter" from CIC, this joke it just makes you really angry. Basically this wonderful letter tells you that 3 years CIC didn't even bother touching the requested documents. I'm not even talking about this waste of tax money to send these plainly stupid letter. This is really insane. If Canadian government completely disrespect future citizens, then why we should respect this government?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhading said:
That letter really pissed me off. I am bemused how Canadian government can treat immigrants. I'm at 37 months mark and still counting. No explanations, no reasonable timelines, no idea for how long more we have to wait. And when you receive this "letter" from CIC, this joke it just makes you really angry. Basically this wonderful letter tells you that 3 years CIC didn't even bother touching the requested documents. I'm not even talking about this waste of tax money to send these plainly stupid letter. This is really insane. If Canadian government completely disrespect future citizens, then why we should respect this government?
Well put. My file has not been touched since the week after my test 10 months ago. And yet 2013-14 applicants have already got their oath invites. There is something fishy going on here and I hold the conservative govt accountable for their discriminating policies.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Withdrawing application would have been an option for those who had solid residence record, returned tax, have been working fulltime for the last 4 to 5 yrs, but still RQed.

Rayan14 said:
Well put. My file has not been touched since the week after my test 10 months ago. And yet 2013-14 applicants have already got their oath invites. There is something fishy going on here and I hold the conservative govt accountable for their discriminating policies.

happytrip

Jan 13, 2015
St. Clair is a special location for Citizen test. So long as your applicant file transferred to this location, you have to wait the process to get done forever. It seems CIC has been putting all questioned cases to St. Clair.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontorian said:
Withdrawing application would have been an option for those who had solid residence record, returned tax, have been working fulltime for the last 4 to 5 yrs, but still RQed.
Yet it does not guarantee that you not get another RQ after re-submission. I was seriously considering this option but when I put more thoughts into it, I decided that the best and most optimal path is to wait and periodically send case-specific inquiries. Withdrawing application is mostly emotional act and not only counterproductive but also unnecessarily praises CIC behaviour.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
I understand from CIC call center last month my file was transferred to Scarborough. I got the ATIP report, it indicates I will have to go for Residence Hearing with an Officer at Scarborough.

Here are the wording on the ATIP : Long FPAT on file. Applicant is directed to a RES-HRG. File forwarded to Scarborough to schedule Res-HRG. CEN-ON/RC

Can someone please advise me, what's average time it takes from the date of transferring file to schedule the Residency Hearing at Scarborough ?

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I understand from CIC call center last month my file was transferred to Scarborough. I got the ATIP report, it indicates I will have to go for Residence Hearing with an Officer at Scarborough.

Here are the wording on the ATIP : Long FPAT on file. Applicant is directed to a RES-HRG. File forwarded to Scarborough to schedule Res-HRG. CEN-ON/RC

Can someone please advise me, what's average time it takes from the date of transferring file to schedule the Residency Hearing at Scarborough ?
Does it mean "see the judge?" Why are you required to go for residence hearing? are you short of day of residence? Does it reflect in the online status check?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
006007 said:
Does it mean "see the judge?" Why are you required to go for residence hearing? are you short of day of residence? Does it reflect in the online status check?
Normally after the citizenship test, the CIC officer can tell you whether a CJ interview is needed or not.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
Well, it says RQ Hearing with Officer. Under the new rules, CIC claims to have empowered over 330 Officers to take decisions on cases unlike in the past when they were only few Citizenship judges to decide everything.

Yes, I'm short of about 2 months for the minimum required days. Although I have rented apartment all these years, family and kids based here. However due to overseas assignments, I had been traveling. I hired an Immigration Attorney, who misinterpreted the minimum required days rule and submitted my application two months early. Now, I'm suffering for his stupid mistake.