Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
priority : urgent is a good sign
I guess!

Though it seems files get passed around so many offices during their processing. Mine has been passed from CPC Sydney to Mississauga, then St. Clair, then to Etobicoke and then to st. Clair. It is sickening how long and wide the CIC bureaucracy is.

Moe... said:
Also check under NOTES what does the latest NOTES:1 & NOTES:2 say?
Those two notes do say 'nothing' practically. Note one says: Urgent processing requested. Note 2 says case status letter sent to the client. Both seem to have been created in July and August of this year.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Those two notes do say 'nothing' practically. Note one says: Urgent processing requested. Note 2 says case status letter sent to the client. Both seem to have been created in July and August of this year.
Looks like your application some how got under Urgent processing status which is a good sign. Better than no updates at all. But don't know how Urgent CIC will address your urgently marked application :p

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Looks like your application some how got under Urgent processing status which is a good sign. Better than no updates at all. But don't know how Urgent CIC will address your urgently marked application :p
Called them. CIC Call Centre agent said she doesn't know either. Just ordered another ATIP to see what else has happened in the past 30 days.
Two points: They have mistakenly mentioned my date of entry as July 2008 whereas I actually came to Canada in summer of 2004 as a refugee. Though the CIC interviewer didn't know that either so I had to show him documents on that and prove my presence from 2004 to 08. Clueless CIC? Should I send them another reminder on it?
My physical presence days are way below what The 1095 required days according to them. Not me. Them.
Is that a problem? ((I guess you'd say it is a problem)).

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
I'm in the same situation. Urgent processing, but the application is catching dust somewhere between local office and St. Clair. Intriguingly, there are different urgent processing streams. So, your file might land in the urgent processing stream at the local office. At St. Clair, they seem to reassess this decision and might pull your RQ out of the urgent stream into the regular stream. So, Test + Interview + oath = urgent, RQ assessment = regular. This is what I was told at the interview.

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
Received 2nd ATIP today

NOTE 1 :
Updated Date : 2014/07/02
Description: File Approved and granted and will be transfered to Scarborough CIC to be scheduled into a ceremony (LEP).

Any thought what next ? anybody in this stage ? I am senior 65+

Thanks

Application Received: 09-June 2012
Processing started: 18-Nov 2012
RQ sent back: 29-Oct 2013
Citizenship test: 28-January 2014 @ St Clair
Local Office is Scarborough
Oath: Frustrated

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant314 said:
I'm in the same situation. Urgent processing, but the application is catching dust somewhere between local office and St. Clair. Intriguingly, there are different urgent processing streams. So, your file might land in the urgent processing stream at the local office. At St. Clair, they seem to reassess this decision and might pull your RQ out of the urgent stream into the regular stream. So, Test + Interview + oath = urgent, RQ assessment = regular. This is what I was told at the interview.
Well said. It is possible.
Ordered a 2nd ATIP.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kdta said:
Received 2nd ATIP today

NOTE 1 :
Updated Date : 2014/07/02
Description: File Approved and granted and will be transfered to Scarborough CIC to be scheduled into a ceremony (LEP).

Any thought what next ? anybody in this stage ? I am senior 65+

Thanks

Application Received: 09-June 2012
Processing started: 18-Nov 2012
RQ sent back: 29-Oct 2013
Citizenship test: 28-January 2014 @ St Clair
Local Office is Scarborough
Oath: Frustrated
Congrats !!!, Now its just a matter of few weeks depending upon the volume of approved files to be scheduled your Oath ceremonies. I guess, it should not take more than 4 - 5 weeks....seems they have limited spots and much smaller brains to plan and work. ;D

Oath ceremony is just a formality. If they can schedule it for few larger instead of many smaller groups they can finish the backlog fast. But.... :-X

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
Hi.. This status in the File has been updated in July already two month passed..
Don't know how many more..

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, Now its just a matter of few weeks depending upon the volume of approved files to be scheduled your Oath ceremonies. I guess, it should not take more than 4 - 5 weeks....seems they have limited spots and much smaller brains to plan and work. ;D

Oath ceremony is just a formality. If they can schedule it for few larger instead of many smaller groups they can finish the backlog fast. But.... :-X

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks my case turns to be an interesting one?

I did my test in feb and I didn't receive anything from cic even after sending a letter from cic to local office I requested physical file check last week today I received a letter requesting exit-entry movement record from where I sued to live before I arrived to Canada the funny thing is that I did provide them this reports during the interview and the initial request was made after a week from the interview date but nothing was sent to me so today the cut off the initial date and add a new date by hand writing and they put a tick mark on exit- entry record which is confusing me wether they want everything on the list except exit entry record but there is no tick mark to any other line except exit entry line,, folks anyone can advise please what shall I do??

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
So Concerned said:

I did my test in feb and I didn't receive anything from cic even after sending a letter from cic to local office I requested physical file check last week today I received a letter requesting exit-entry movement record from where I sued to live before I arrived to Canada the funny thing is that I did provide them this reports during the interview and the initial request was made after a week from the interview date but nothing was sent to me so today the cut off the initial date and add a new date by hand writing and they put a tick mark on exit- entry record which is confusing me wether they want everything on the list except exit entry record but there is no tick mark to any other line except exit entry line,, folks anyone can advise please what shall I do??
your case is almost similar to my case .I did the test in June 18 , 2014 ..initial request sent 2 weeks after my test requesting copy of my passport which i came to know when i ordered my ATIP ...I never received this letter which including this request in order to know what copy they need ..old passport ..new passport ..full copy ? and called CIC on Sep. 03, 2014 ..they send a request to send the letter again ..called CIC yesterday and informed them i never received letter even after they send the request to the local office (Niagara office ) then the agent told me it may take few weeks !!!! sending the letter again may take (few weeks) !!! and i have nothing to do except of waiting ...

I am really disappointed ...and don't know what to do other than waiting ..but till when ???

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
So Concerned said:

They want to control the pace and need to find some excuses to delay our process.

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
Hi Canadiandesi2006,
I saw your post with you AITP result, this is almost same to me, When your file was updated my one is July 2014..

Did you rcvd any letter yet..

Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kdta said:
Hi Canadiandesi2006,
I saw your post with you AITP result, this is almost same to me, When your file was updated my one is July 2014..

Did you rcvd any letter yet..

Thanks
So far I got 3 ATIP reports. The one received in June, says that hearing is NOT required. But the last one got in August did not show any progress at all. Earlier this week I requested another one and now have to wait for a month to get it.

CIC is very notorious about claiming they sent letters but they never reaches the destination. Possibly, letter might have been generated but nobody is bothered either to print or mail it. After all, absolutely there is no accountability or transparency at CIC.

Looks like most of CIC employees idling whole day, doing nothing except thinking if they finish the work fast their jobs are at stake.

Call CIC every 2 weeks for an update. If they claim letter was sent then wait for a week or so, follow up again till you receive it.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
So Concerned said:

I did my test in feb and I didn't receive anything from cic even after sending a letter from cic to local office I requested physical file check last week today I received a letter requesting exit-entry movement record from where I sued to live before I arrived to Canada the funny thing is that I did provide them this reports during the interview and the initial request was made after a week from the interview date but nothing was sent to me so today the cut off the initial date and add a new date by hand writing and they put a tick mark on exit- entry record which is confusing me whether they want everything on the list except exit entry record but there is no tick mark to any other line except exit entry line,, folks anyone can advise please what shall I do??
Indeed its pathetic situation, it seems CIC staff is bent down on giving hard time to the candidates by unnecessarily delaying / dragging the process on one or other pretext. They follow "Go Slow Strategy" to justify their jobs at CIC, no process and no accountability.

Send a covering letter by (FEDEX / UPS courier as Purolator Service is as bad as CIC ) politely explain that you had already provided all doc's at the time of the interview. You never received any letter from CIC earlier, as a result you have lost so much time.

As a precaution include copies of everything from the beginning and deprive them of another pretext to come back.