+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Janoo,

no progress at all , still waiting. contacted MP ,he got the same answer that 35 months is for 80% of the applicants, some applications take longer :mad:

curlykate

Sep 15, 2014
Long time lurker - just posting my timeline here for info:

Application received: January 24, 2012.
Started processing: December 5, 2012
Returned RQ: January 5, 2013
Test passed: July 24, 2014

Waiting for Oath date now, but can see that's anyone's guess!

Good luck everyone. We'll get there...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curlykate said:
Long time lurker - just posting my timeline here for info:

Application received: January 24, 2012.
Started processing: December 5, 2012
Returned RQ: January 5, 2013
Test passed: July 24, 2014

Waiting for Oath date now, but can see that's anyone's guess!

Good luck everyone. We'll get there...
How many residency days did you have at the time of filing your application? Thanks.

janoo

May 16, 2014
applied jan. 2012, in process may 2012 rq march 2013, replied 2013.

required number of days 1095 at time of application 1111 days...

file in que same answer I get from CIC whenever I call.. processing time 35 months

wait until December 2014 and than we will write letter to ST.Clair office.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)

I'm happy to share a good news with you all about a reader from other immigration forum. The applicant with his wife passed the Citizenship test on Sept 16th at Scarborough Office. Immediately they were given the Oath invitations for the next week.

Well, the million dollar question remains when would the St.Claire Office start working ???

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&KW=Oath&PN=136&title=post-test-rq-receipients-only-since-2009
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2014, 01:25:00 pm »

Hey everybody,

My wife and I just came back from the citizenship test today at Scarborough Centre.
The exam was not difficult, I finished within two minutes.

After that, we were called for the interview. The immigration officer reviewed all the documentation and ask a few questions.

Finally, he gave us the notice to appear for the oath next week. Yes, pink sheets were being delivered to those applicants who had passed the test and didn't have any problems with passports stamps and dates. The officer told us that since last week, they were allowed to give oath invitations right after the test interview.

We are very happy to be able to become Canadians next week. Just wanted to share with you guys. Thanks for your support! Smiley

My timeline:
Mailed citizenship application: October 08, 2013
In process (eCas): December 11, 2013
AOR/Booklet received: January 14, 2014
Test done: September 16, 2014
Oath Invitation: September 24, 2014
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Finally, he gave us the notice to appear for the oath next week. Yes, pink sheets were being delivered to those applicants who had passed the test and didn't have any problems with passports stamps and dates. The officer told us that since last week, they were allowed to give oath invitations right after the test interview.
Very lucky candidates. It is mainly because their application status was regular and they don't seem to have got RQ. :'(

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Moe... said:
Very lucky candidates. It is mainly because their application status was regular and they don't seem to have got RQ. :'(
Agreed, this candidate did not have RQ &was immediately issued the Oath invitation for the next week. I personally know candidates from the Mississauga offices who had RQ but on the Test day, their doc's were verified & Oath invitations were issued for the next week.

However, I never heard any single case from candidates of St.Claire Offices where the Oath letter issued quickly enough, almost everyone was essentially dragged for months before issuing their Oath letters. More ever, noticeably every second candidate at St. Claire seems to have had RQ issued, unless some criteria was used and assigned all such files from entire GTA for very detailed scrutiny to St.Claire offices. :-X

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Agreed, this candidate did not have RQ &was immediately issued the Oath invitation for the next week. I personally know candidates from the Mississauga offices who had RQ but on the Test day, their doc's were verified & Oath invitations were issued for the next week.

However, I never heard any single case from candidates of St.Claire Offices where the Oath letter issued quickly enough, almost everyone was essentially dragged for months before issuing their Oath letters. More ever, noticeably every second candidate at St. Claire seems to have had RQ issued, unless some criteria was used and assigned all such files from entire GTA for very detailed scrutiny to St.Claire offices. :-X
Yes, St. Clair office is like a special investigation's branch. Regular candidates are not sent to St. Clair only special cases and those whose RQ needs to be extensively investigated. Unfortunately that's the process via St. Clair.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Hello Readers:
Here go my thoughts why some applicants get oath letter without any delay whereas others don't.
Applicants who:
1. came to Canada without any delay after getting the immigrant visa,
2. landed to this country directly from their birth countries,
3. did not live or travel to any other countries before or after getting the visa,
4. are living with family and children are going to school,
5. did voluntary jobs or involved with social support groups during their job hunting period,
6. applied for citizenship at least two months after meeting the basic residency requirement of 1095 days,
7. and above all have clean image,
get oath letter on time or have their applications processed faster than others.

Even if you have a stable job in Canada, a citizenship officer gets little to believe that you will live in this country after getting citizenship because of one or more reasons as I mentioned above.

Color, creed, race, religion, demography, or political view have very little or no influence on the processing time.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my ATIP file. So how does one interpret this thing? What should I look for in it? It is more than 20 pages.

janoo

May 16, 2014
u chk case status.. hearing required decision made ...

this is some of important things other thing foss , rcmp status,

file location....

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
u chk case status.. hearing required decision made ...

this is some of important things other thing foss , rcmp status,

file location....
Case status: open
FOSS: passed, expires next year.
RCMP: passed, expires next year
Hearing: not required
Priority: Urgent
File Location: St. Clair office (RQ req shelf)

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Received my ATIP file. So how does one interpret this thing? What should I look for in it? It is more than 20 pages.
Also check under NOTES what does the latest NOTES:1 & NOTES:2 say?