+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
twinnings said:
Congrats Bison. Nice (sort of?) to see someone else who's had a similar long timeline to mine:

Single Application.
Received application: March 25, 2013.
Started processing: May 29, 2013.
RQ requested: October 2013.
RQ sent: End October 2013.
Test: July 23, 2014.

I should add that I initially sent my application in October 2012, and then again December 2012. The sent it back to me twice saying I missed documents. Both times they sent me back my application with the documents they said were missing. One (my transcript for proof of English in a sealed envelope from my university) was even opened by them and sent back saying it was missing. Ineptitude at its finest.

Waiting on oath. Called the service and they said not to bother calling back until 2016 after my 3 year processing wait has been up. Test was passed and everything. I suppose there's nothing to be done but wait?
elen1984 said:
I thought just Ottawa office has a slow process , I see Montreal office has the same ,me too I took the test on July 23 , 2014 in Ottawa I'm still waiting for oath letter until know. I called cic one month ago and i asked them about my file they said is approved and I have to call them when I reach 6 months after test date , so as you said we can't do anything just wait wait ??? ???
Thanks twinnings :)!
You guys should be invited for the oath ceremony very soon. I got exactly the same answer from the call center agents, they even told me (back in September) that my application is still in process and not yet approved by a judge... They told me to wait for the 6 month and/or 35 month period (since I also got a RQ)... And guess what! After a couple of days I got the invitation letter to the first Oath!

Good luck :)

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Bison said:
Well, finally my journey is over :D

My timeline:

Single Application.
Received application: December 17, 2012.
Started processing: February 22, 2013.
RQ requested: End February 2014.
RQ sent: Mid April 2014.
Test: July 23, 2014.
Oath (cancelled): October 23, 2014

Oath (rescheduled): November 14, 2014.

I'm finally Canadian ;D next step is applying for passport

Congratulations wish you the best of luck!

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bison said:
You guys should be invited for the oath ceremony very soon. I got exactly the same answer from the call center agents, they even told me (back in September) that my application is still in process and not yet approved by a judge... They told me to wait for the 6 month and/or 35 month period (since I also got a RQ)... And guess what! After a couple of days I got the invitation letter to the first Oath!

Same answer for my wife who passed the test on jul 23.. Atip shows judge approved on august 8th, she told that to the agent, so he didn't tell her 36 month, he said up to 6month the wait for oath is.. We are expecting the letter anyday soon as the call had to trigger the process.. :)

2B or NOT 2B

Nov 27, 2014
Hello ...

I have done my exam in March 2014 (passed ) but since then no answer.....
Couple of letters send by my lawyer asking for an update but no reply!!!!!!
Every time I call CIC I have a different answer (Waiting for judge hearing, RQ still in verification , Ur file still in Process and and and.......)
I had my RQ before test date.. Ihave send a loooooooooooooooot of docs to prove my presence .... :( :( :( :(
Applied in September 2012
Thats so faustrating !!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Any one in same situation like mine??

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Bison said:

It's true most agents won't even tell you if your file was approved, they will tell you it;s still in process , same thing happened to me, except for i spoke to one nice agent who actually told me that my file was approved and even gave me the the date the application was granted.

Congratulations and good luck!

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
2B or NOT 2B said:
Hello ...

I have done my exam in March 2014 (passed ) but since then no answer.....
Couple of letters send by my lawyer asking for an update but no reply!!!!!!
Every time I call CIC I have a different answer (Waiting for judge hearing, RQ still in verification , Ur file still in Process and and and.......)
I had my RQ before test date.. Ihave send a loooooooooooooooot of docs to prove my presence .... :( :( :( :(
Applied in September 2012
Thats so faustrating !!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Any one in same situation like mine??

me some like you my brother , passed the test 6 of march 2014 , and no answer , call cic some answer like you , some i had RQ before test . good luack brother

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
I just received a letter to appear for the citizenship oath :)

applied on Jan 20, 2014
app received on Jan 22, 2014
test on Nov. 18, 2014
oath scheduled for Dec 15, 2014

The journey is almost over, thanks everyone for your help and best of luck to those who are waiting

babakriton

Feb 28, 2014
ebabak said:
anyone did the test on October 2014? Any updates regarding the oath? If yes please share the dates. I did my test on Oct 28th, 2014 and so far no news. I called CIC, they said they grant you the citizenship 2 days after the test and you should wait to call you for the oath.

I applied on January 17th, 2014
process started on March 9,2014
exam on october 28th,2014
Oath ????? not yet :( :mad:
Hi ebabak
I passed my on Nov 4th in Montréal.I'm still waiting for the oath. What number of CIC you called?

ebabak

Oct 9, 2014
Hi radrun, I have a question, where are you doing your oath? montreal or quebec city? I did my test on Oct 28th but so far no news for oath

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
ebabak said:
Hi radrun, I have a question, where are you doing your oath? montreal or quebec city? I did my test on Oct 28th but so far no news for oath
Hi ebabak,

My oath ceremony will take place in Quebec City. If you have been told that your file has been approved, and you didn't have an RQ, you are for sure in line for the oath and will be placed in the next ceremony available.
Best of luck

2B or NOT 2B

Nov 27, 2014
farhadf80 said:
me some like you my brother , passed the test 6 of march 2014 , and no answer , call cic some answer like you , some i had RQ before test . good luack brother
Thank u brother wish u the same .. may u share ur time line plz?? Thanks

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
2B or NOT 2B said:
Thank u brother wish u the same .. may u share ur time line plz?? Thanks
Appled. June 2012
Process 1 March 2013
RQ september 2013
Citizenship test 6 March 2014
Still waiting. I called many time and different answer. I think I will get judge hearin