+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
no update yet to my friend. what about you? Usually when they send emails before 48-72 hours any idea?
No update for me either so I’ve convinced myself that it’s a glitch or a mistake to save me from being stressed. Eventually the oath would happen so let me wait in the queue. Thanks for keeping me posted,appreciate it.

Reactions: viral5489

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
no update yet to my friend. what about you? Usually when they send emails before 48-72 hours any idea?
Those 48-72 hours are for the people who were scheduled atleast a week ahead and haven’t received. Ours is kinda stuck during this long weekend, which makes me wonder if this could be an mistake or a glitch because they don’t schedule someone’s oath within such a short period and even their website says there would be atleast 1-2 weeks of time to schedule the oaths and send invites, so people can become available or if they aren’t atleast they can inform and reschedule.
So ask your friend as well not to stress out and just wait and maybe on Tuesday or within couple weeks maybe we would get the spot to get the oaths done. Atleast this way we don’t have to be worried all weekend and be stressed about it.

Reactions: viral5489

viral5489

Feb 9, 2024
Those 48-72 hours are for the people who were scheduled atleast a week ahead and haven’t received. Ours is kinda stuck during this long weekend, which makes me wonder if this could be an mistake or a glitch because they don’t schedule someone’s oath within such a short period and even their website says there would be atleast 1-2 weeks of time to schedule the oaths and send invites, so people can become available or if they aren’t atleast they can inform and reschedule.
So ask your friend as well not to stress out and just wait and maybe on Tuesday or within couple weeks maybe we would get the spot to get the oaths done. Atleast this way we don’t have to be worried all weekend and be stressed about it.
My firend just got email. For oath

Reactions: Benicia David

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I'm done with my oath today and it was such an emotional yet happy moment of my immigration journey :)
Thank you everyone in this forum for the constant support.

To all the people waiting for oaths and completion don't lose hope that day is at your reach and you would get to witness such an amazing life moment which is like an reward. All the best all who are waiting. :)

Proud that I'm a Canadian Citizen!! :)

viral5489

Feb 9, 2024
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'll add my timeline as well. I'm going crazy with these processing times and no updates in more than 2 months whatsoever. I have friends who applied after me and literally got their passports already...

Type: Online application
Processing Office: Mississauga
Physical Presence Days: 1154
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: November 28, 2023
AOR: December 18, 2023
Test schedule: Jan 17, 2024
Test completed: Jan 29, 2024
Language skills: Mar 2, 2024
Physical Presence: Mar 2, 2024
Background: Mar 5, 2024
Prohibitions: In Progress....

Ghost Update: Mar 7, 2024

GCMS/ATIP: requested April 22, 2024
GCMS/ATIP: Still waiting to receive....

Pretty much no updates for 2.5 months now, not even a GU. Stuck on prohibitions... But that seems like a case for a lot of folks here.
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'll add my timeline as well. I'm going crazy with these processing times and no updates in more than 2 months whatsoever. I have friends who applied after me and literally got their passports already...

Type: Online application
Processing Office: Mississauga
Physical Presence Days: 1154
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: November 28, 2023
AOR: December 18, 2023
Test schedule: Jan 17, 2024
Test completed: Jan 29, 2024
Language skills: Mar 2, 2024
Physical Presence: Mar 2, 2024
Background: Mar 5, 2024
Prohibitions: In Progress....

Ghost Update: Mar 7, 2024

GCMS/ATIP: requested April 22, 2024
GCMS/ATIP: Still waiting to receive....

Pretty much no updates for 2.5 months now, not even a GU. Stuck on prohibitions... But that seems like a case for a lot of folks here.
any update you got it ?