Update on our application for the spreadsheet:
AOR: Nov 30
Background verification completed: Feb 10
Citizenship test invite: Feb 24
Test done: Mar 11
Test marked as completed: Mar 15

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
It has been one month since the BG's passing, but there has been no update regarding the citizenship test invitation. How much longer can one expect to wait for it?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
It has been one month since the BG's passing, but there has been no update regarding the citizenship test invitation. How much longer can one expect to wait for it?
Citizenship Test is generated by the local office. Every local office has different timelines. Your best bet is to check tracker for the average timelines of past applicants from your local office and hopefully you can find a trend - though its still not any kind of guarantee since June/July period was unbelievably fast.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Question:
My fp letter said appropriate fees applicable.
I thought fp is free for citizenship.
Thinking that I went to a place and they charged me 56.57 after getting my prints. I feel like i was robbed. Or am I wrong to think that and its a norm

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Citizenship Test is generated by the local office. Every local office has different timelines. Your best bet is to check tracker for the average timelines of past applicants from your local office and hopefully you can find a trend - though its still not any kind of guarantee since June/July period was unbelievably fast.
Correct. It is always good practice to send webform. Just to see if everything is alright. Don’t forget the processing time for regular (non urgent) citizenship applications is 23 months. So if the agent you have got has major caseload they may take their time till the end. Hope this helps

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
An update on our applications. I checked ECAS on the 11 March and it showed that our applications were received on the 31st Jan 2023. We received AORs for all 4 applicants (2 adults + 2 Children) on the 13 March 2023. I was able to link our applications on the status tracker this morning and Language skills, Background Verification, Physical Presence and Prohibitions show as 'In Progress'. Not able to make sense of the dates though as the Application History, shows a date of 7 March 2023 - Application filed We have received your application and have begun to process your application, which is earlier than the AOR date.
I have the exact same timeline - Received Jan 31; AOR March 13; Linked to tracker on March 15th; Tracker says - Application Filed on March 7th.

Note My wife filed as online on Jan 26th, while I mailed in my application along with my child's form on the same date; My wife's application has the below
Received Jan 26; AOR Feb 7th ; Linked to tracker on Feb 9th; Tracker says - Application Filed on Feb 7th.; Back ground Complete on March 11th

Seems to be following the same pattern with delays-

1) Paper apps are delayed by a month vs. online at least in this time period.;
2) Online app AOR matches the actual Application Filing date on the tracker where as Paper AOR is about a week delayed after the system is updated

I have heard some folks say that paper apps speed up after AOR as compared to online apps, will know if that's true in a few days, but to your question, I am guessing the dates are due to lag into updates on the tracker for paper apps vs. online apps.

rafvan

Mar 14, 2023
When did you receive your AOR?
Actually, I made a mistake on the timeline. I updated that.

Type: Online application
Application: Group - 2 Adults
Application Filed: Oct 27
AOR: Nov 14
Background Verification: Jan 20 (Completed)
Citizenship Test invite: Jan 30 (February 6 - February 27)
Citizenship Test Done: Feb 14
Citizenship Test: Feb 22 (Completed)

ramsay1212

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
How does one know which local office is processing the application? Is it quoted on AOR?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Actually, I made a mistake on the timeline. I updated that.

Type: Online application
Application: Group - 2 Adults
Application Filed: Oct 27
AOR: Nov 14
Background Verification: Jan 20 (Completed)
Citizenship Test invite: Jan 30 (February 6 - February 27)
Citizenship Test Done: Feb 14
Citizenship Test: Feb 22 (Completed)
Since your application was submitted in October, I've moved your entry to the October tab. Please continue posting updates in the October 2022 thread :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2022-citizenship-applications.778614/

Reactions: rafvan

azzokhalifa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2022
It’s been almost a month since they received my fingerprints and background check hasn’t been completed yet only the test is . Is that Normal? Cuz i see ppl getting their BG completed a day after IrCC received their fp!!!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
It’s been almost a month since they received my fingerprints and background check hasn’t been completed yet only the test is . Is that Normal? Cuz i see ppl getting their BG completed a day after IrCC received their fp!!!
Background checks dont have a universal timeline or trend. It can be routine or non routine. It depends on individual circumstances. Countries you have lived in the past. Countries you have travelled to. Your original nationality. How much of data of yours they already have. For example, folks who go to the US often on B1/B2 visas have a finger print scan at the US border for their I92 and those applicants could be usually easier to do a background check on since US and Canada share immigration information and they already have data about you. Thats why many applicants are not asked for finger printing and they go straight from BG to Test. So it depends and varies from person to person. Everyones background is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: azzokhalifa

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Update:
A1:
FP Request: 14 Mar in tracker (but got updated in tracker today and email Mar 15)
FP Given: 15 Mar
Citizenship test taken: Mar 10
Citizenship test completed: Mar 14 date in tracker (tracker updated today Mar 16)
Note: My photo was blurry so I got an email on Monday Mar 13 to submit that.

A2:
Citizenship test taken: Mar 15

Last edited: