+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I am just curious what do you say when you call them everyday? like it's same repeating questions and answers? Can these agent in call center actually help you to speed up the process?
I doubt, and I personally consider this a wastage of people's time (remember, someone else could have been helped) and tax money ('cause everything comes with a cost).

But people believe it helps.

So, I agree to disagree.

Peace. No disrespect intended.

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
T
Please update

Paper Applicant (Family 2)
Sent: Nov 13, 2021 - Sidney, NS
Received: Nov 16, 2021
AOR: Jan 23, 2022
Office: Kitchener, ON
ECAS: Feb 21, 2022
Background verification : COMPLETED - Feb 22, 2022
Citizenship test: COMPLETED - Apr 19, 2022
Language skills: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Physical presence: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Prohibitions: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Citizenship ceremony: NOT STARTED

Do you know what happens next???? I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!

By the way, I erased most of my posts, because I started receiving posts and direct messages from people that were really mad at me because I got my citizenship in 6 months. I just decided to make things happen.
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: Franko72

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I doubt, and I personally consider this a wastage of people's time (remember, someone else could have been helped) and tax money ('cause everything comes with a cost).

But people believe it helps.

So, I agree to disagree.

Peace. No disrespect intended.

You and 50 others have talked about it and it's fallen on deaf ears. Now that their citizenship is done let's hope we can move on to applicants that are actually in the system and don't have the time to call people everyday.

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
Please Update, Thank you !

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1582
Application: Single
Application sent: November 30, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
In Progress: February 10, 2022
Background verification : In progress

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Please update

By the way, I erased most of my posts, because I started receiving posts and direct messages from people that were really mad at me because I got my citizenship in 6 months. I just decided to make things happen.
Um, nothing personal, but I am not sure if people got mad because I got my citizenship in 6 months - I think it was because of the deleted part of the post.

But, in the end, good luck for next step(s) !

Reactions: Madeline01

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I do not suggest calling IRCC every day but I certainly feel bad about IRCC system. There are people who need to go to many countries for business purposes. They may need a visa with their current passport or with their current passport, it may not be possible for them to get a visa. For instance, Iranian passport holders may not get visa to USA or they need to go with a tough processing. As a PR, people came to Canada after many background checks. Specifically, after PR, if a person does not travel anywhere but lives and work in Canada, will it be reasonable to place them for more than a year to wait for citizenship? It is great to see that some people think it is fine to wait as long as IRCC ask them to wait. Hence, IRCC should make one option in the application as " I do mind when my citizenship application process takes more than a year: YES or NO" So please choose NO :)

At least, IRCC should have a premium processing ( additional fee) option to accommodate people who are in hurry
It is about that 'right' v/s 'privilege' debate.
Visa (any kind of) and Naturalization - both are 'privileges'.

There is a fine line - we tend to miss that fine line.

Let me start with two points
1. Other countries like USA / EU does not have so easy resident requirement (2 yrs in rolling 5)
2. No other 'western' country allows citizenship application in 3 years (norms are 5 to 7 years)

We keep on saying things we do not like (I am not saying we should not), but fail to acknowledge things which are positive.

PS: I am neither in support nor against your comments. I just shared another opinion.

Last edited:

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
Hello All,

My name is Lorena, I'm from Argentina, I'm new in this group. A friend recommended me this page. He told me to share my information and then I get a link to a file so I can have an idea of the times of the immigration process.

Here is my information,

One Applicant - Online
I live in Kitchener
Submit application - 28 Nov, 2022
Acceptance - 30 Nov, 2022
Could log to the old system - 14 Dec, 2022
Background Complete - 11 Mar, 2022
Test Invite - 15 Mar, 2022
Completed Test - 17 Mar, 2022
Language, Prohibitions and Presence - In Progress
Oath - Not Started

Does anyone know what happens after the test? I've tried to call IRCC, but the lines are always busy. Do you have an estimate on how long the process will last? I want to go on vacation this summer because the processing time says 27 months, but my friend got his Citizenship in 7 months (Oct 2021 Applicant), at the same office, here in Kitchener, he got his ceremony on Monday, and he is also an online applicant. He gave me a tip to call every day to IRCC, but honestly, I don't have the time, I just do one call per day and I never get a chance to talk to the official.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello All,

My name is Lorena, I'm from Argentina, I'm new in this group. A friend recommended me this page. He told me to share my information and then I get a link to a file so I can have an idea of the times of the immigration process.

Here is my information,

One Applicant - Online
I live in Kitchener
Submit application - 28 Nov, 2022
Acceptance - 30 Nov, 2022
Could log to the old system - 14 Dec, 2022
Background Complete - 11 Mar, 2022
Test Invite - 15 Mar, 2022
Completed Test - 17 Mar, 2022
Language, Prohibitions and Presence - In Progress
Oath - Not Started

Does anyone know what happens after the test? I've tried to call IRCC, but the lines are always busy. Do you have an estimate on how long the process will last? I want to go on vacation this summer because the processing time says 27 months, but my friend got his Citizenship in 7 months (Oct 2021 Applicant), at the same office, here in Kitchener, he got his ceremony on Monday, and he is also an online applicant. He gave me a tip to call every day to IRCC, but honestly, I don't have the time, I just do one call per day and I never get a chance to talk to the official.
Welcome, the Kitchener office is doing a great job. I'm just waiting for my oath letter; I got everything cleared on May 2. Two of my friends in the same office that applied in December got cleared yesterday. The same here, we called every day to the IRCC, but just an average of 2 times were able to talk to the call centre person. It is not official; they will tell you that your file is in order and that the processing time is 27 months. Maybe it is a coincidence, but it worked for us or it is real that the Kitchener office is working hard. I know that is one of the faster offices in Ontario.

Welcome again! I'm from Venezuela!!! Hugo Maduro Franco, nice to meet you!!! Bienvenida!

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Please update

Good day.
I applied for urgent processing in November because of my husbands health problem who lives outside Canada ,and got AOR December third,after that five month silence .April 26 I requested for fingerprints,no test yet .so what is your advice for my situation?
I really impressed by your timeline.

Reactions: Franko72