Test Invitation: April 22,2022

*Background completed: April 1, 2022
your aor date is wrong

Reactions: Shining Moon

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

Spouse and me passed our respective tests last night.

Waiting for the tracker to update the same; there’s no activity on it since Feb 25 (background check completed). Still shows citizenship test not started.

Good luck to us all x

Last edited:

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Guys I need some advice, comments or suggestions, PLEASE.

I got my test on April 15, 2021 (Holiday - Good Friday), and still, I don't have any update on my profile. It hasn't changed to complete. Is this normal, if so, how long does it take to update?

Once is updated.... what is next? How long?

I'm getting super anxious, I know that the processing time says 27 months, but I know that the test is the last step, once you have it, you are close to the Oath Ceremony. I know that once they make a decision is an average wait of 4 months. But according to the spreadsheet, there are people that are receiving their citizenship in less than one year. On the other hand, people still waiting since 2019. I also know that people that are out of the country do not have the same preference, like the ones that are living and working in Canada. Which I think is fair.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Some news and my thoughts. (Yes, I'm upset, anxious, stressed)

Check if this officer does not have your file:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/permanent-residency-applicants-dm10032-followup-approvals-1.6401576
Note: Basically Agents can skip checking the files for YEARS if they want to.

Other Notes:
- 100,000 visas for Ukrainians are being processed as we speak. They say that it won't affect other processes (I don't think so)
- Passport backlog last year during April IRCC processed 326K passports, this year is processing 1.2Million..... BUT before covid, the same period, they process almost 3M
- Backlogs are because of the pandemic COVID-19 (But.... we haven't stopped working... why this is an excuse???, also they work with

Conclusion: IRCC will give us excuses, and excuses. Canada is always accepting refugees (Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine... etc). They should have a special department for this time of situation without affecting people that are paying taxes and making THOSE processes possible. The Pandemic is not an excuse, they haven't stopped working.... why has all this affected them? They rely on systems and searches. Why it got affected, on the contrary, they had MORE time, fewer people applied during COVID. (Work permits, Tourist Visas, Student Visas)

Sean Fraser the Immigration Minister should know and hear about our experiences. The timeline for a Citizenship application (80% of cases) was 12 months.... why is it now 27 months? I started sending messages to the IRCC account and the minister on Twitter. Being respectful, but he needs to focus on Citizenship. Every time he gets a report, he reacts.... refugees, PRs, visas.... but not Citizenship. WE SHOULD START LETTING HIM KNOW. As you see on the link above... officers really don't mind about us... they can store our files FOREVER... check the link. ANd that is JUST ONE among all the processing offices in Canada, they are just not doing their job. It is really sad that we are in this stressful situation, something that should be easy, the tough part was getting the PR.... why the citizenship is TOO complicated and takes more time than the PR?!?!?!?!

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Some news and my thoughts. (Yes, I'm upset, anxious, stressed)

Check if this officer does not have your file:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/permanent-residency-applicants-dm10032-followup-approvals-1.6401576
Note: Basically Agents can skip checking the files for YEARS if they want to.

Other Notes:
- 100,000 visas for Ukrainians are being processed as we speak. They say that it won't affect other processes (I don't think so)
- Passport backlog last year during April IRCC processed 326K passports, this year is processing 1.2Million..... BUT before covid, the same period, they process almost 3M
- Backlogs are because of the pandemic COVID-19 (But.... we haven't stopped working... why this is an excuse???, also they work with

Conclusion: IRCC will give us excuses, and excuses. Canada is always accepting refugees (Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine... etc). They should have a special department for this time of situation without affecting people that are paying taxes and making THOSE processes possible. The Pandemic is not an excuse, they haven't stopped working.... why has all this affected them? They rely on systems and searches. Why it got affected, on the contrary, they had MORE time, fewer people applied during COVID. (Work permits, Tourist Visas, Student Visas)

Sean Fraser the Immigration Minister should know and hear about our experiences. The timeline for a Citizenship application (80% of cases) was 12 months.... why is it now 27 months? I started sending messages to the IRCC account and the minister on Twitter. Being respectful, but he needs to focus on Citizenship. Every time he gets a report, he reacts.... refugees, PRs, visas.... but not Citizenship. WE SHOULD START LETTING HIM KNOW. As you see on the link above... officers really don't mind about us... they can store our files FOREVER... check the link. ANd that is JUST ONE among all the processing offices in Canada, they are just not doing their job. It is really sad that we are in this stressful situation, something that should be easy, the tough part was getting the PR.... why the citizenship is TOO complicated and takes more time than the PR?!?!?!?!
Dude we dont even have the test invite lol

PolarBear78

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO/CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-09-2017 (upfront)
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2018
My citizenship test status updated to completed today. Test was on 16-Apr-2022.