+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Seeing my luck on how slow my application is being processed, I should be waiting for at least 2-3 months then. Sigh!!
They always use COVID as the reason. I was wondering why they don't say " Due to covid, we are not able to maintain processing standards; thus, we reduce the citizenship processing fee by 50%. Due to covid, we know you have had a hard time so we reduce TAX to 20%" IRCC is nothing but full of incompetent leads.....2.5 years to give citizenship to the people who stayed 3 years in a country and paid taxes.wow wow wow wow wow

traagt

Apr 11, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
AOR Received.
25-05-2019
Hey friends, I have attended my citizenship ceremony today and I can finally say, I am Canadian! Thanks everyone in this thread for the moral support while we were anxious about the cryptic IRCC process and update. I wish you all the best and hope everyone gets a speedy response.

For those who are curious, I applied online and my application was processed in Montreal office. Full timeline is in the spreadsheet.

polk

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
My oath is scheduled for Dec 7th. I just got the update this morning on the tracker. Detailed timeline in my signature.
Unable to tell if the oath is in person or via zoom. I have travel plans on Dec 23. Hopefully, I am able to get the citizenship certificate and passport all on time.

How can we tell if it is via zoom or in person?

Alok06

Apr 14, 2018
My oath is scheduled for Dec 7th. I just got the update this morning on the tracker. Detailed timeline in my signature.
Unable to tell if the oath is in person or via zoom. I have travel plans on Dec 23. Hopefully, I am able to get the citizenship certificate and passport all on time.

How can we tell if it is via zoom or in person?
It will be mentioned in the pdf document which you should have received . All details whether it is in person , zoom or teams , meeting ID, url , password etc along with detailed instructions . They usually send the email on the same day they update your timeline.

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016

Alberto199611

Nov 30, 2016
My last update was october 6 ;all complete just ceremony not started
Anyone in the same situation?
I'm november 29 online aplication
Feb 10 OAR

kantara

Nov 7, 2022
Hey guys need some guidance and some assurance if possible on my situation. So nothing is complete except my citizenship test. Here is the timeline:

Application - Online - Toronto - SCR Office
Application Delivered: Nov 1, 2021 ( A year and a week ago)
AOR: Jan 28, 2022
Finger Prints required: July 20, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: August 5, 2022
Fingerprint results: Received : August 10, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test Completed: August 11, 2022

Tracker Info:
Physical Presence/ Language/ Probation/ Background (ALL IN PROGRESS)
Citizenship Test: COMPLETED
Oath: Not Started

My questions:

Has anyone heard of any applicant who got a test invite prior to background check?

Is any one still " all in progress" except citizenship test " complete"?

Loosing my mind here, hoping that all turns to complete all at once and get oath invite.

Would really appreciate your advice guys, you are the only support system through this tedious process. THANK YOU

Last edited:
Reactions: siloman