India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
New Credit card charges from IMMIGRATION CANADA:

Hi Guys,

I have already paid the Permanent Resident Application Fee, Right Of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), Biometric fees while submitting my PR application (Total $1410). I am was done with my biometrics on Jan 6th. But today I saw a new transaction in my credit card charged by "IMMIGRATION CANADA" for $185 CAD.

I have no idea if this is from IRCC or a scam. Does IRCC charge any fee other than $1410?
I didn't want to dispute (yet) the charges with my Credit Card company before knowing if this is actually from IRCC.

Your help is very much appreciated.

(PLEASE SEE MY SIGNATURE FOR MY TIMELINE)
Were the previous $1410 also from the same signature ? like "IMMIGRATION CANADA" as you mentioned ?

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Nope. The previous charges read "CITIZEN&IMM-EAPPS ENLI"

I am super confused now why there is a new charge.
its definitely something else then. maybe some online service you clicked on facebook or somewhere else. @legalfalcon what do you think ??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone

I see almost everyone talking about the GCMS Notes, i have no clue how to get that and what to do with it. It seems everyone here is so much knowledgeable about the process and related things. I would be obliged to seek some support from you guys:

1. How do i order my GCMS, is it a paid Service or Free?
2. In India, the VACs are not doing bio-metrics for PR applications yet, should i wait for it to open or go to a neighboring country?
3. I am a CEC-Outland applicant, do i still stand a chance to enter Canada in 2021, Looking at the conversations here, everything seems negative right now

Kindly provide your valuable inputs.
@legalfalcon

Thanks
SB
GCMS notes refers to Global Case Management System, the platform used by IRCC process applications. It contains all the processing details and the officer's notes for your application.
Your can read on it at https://bit.ly/37iLEEj

If you are in Canada, you can request your own GCMS notes from the ATIP portal https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

If you are outside Canada, you can request your GCMS notes from https://bit.ly/37zqjqD

2. That is your choice. However it was announced:

3. As soon as the travel restrictions are eased and more vaccinations are rolled out, you should be.

Reactions: Sahil318

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I don't think I have been that careless:D. But I will wait for @legalfalcon's response.
"IMMIGRATION CANADA" seems to be a legitimate tag. However, if you have been charged extra, then call IRCC to confirm.

Reactions: RajKannan

timstahh

Oct 2, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

Sorry to be annoying but I saw someone else post on the Oct AOR thread that they had to redo their biometrics after their status wasn't updated from 'We have not received your fingerprints'. I'm concerned that there's a quality issue with my fingerprints and my BIL request letter expire on March 15 but I've only just ordered the GCMS notes so I won't get any confirmation on the issue until after its expiry.

Should I just go for and redo my biometrics? Can I use the same letter?

AOR: Nov 6
Biometrics submitted: Dec 23
Application status: Submitted

Many Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Sorry to be annoying but I saw someone else post on the Oct AOR thread that they had to redo their biometrics after their status wasn't updated from 'We have not received your fingerprints'. I'm concerned that there's a quality issue with my fingerprints and my BIL request letter expire on March 15 but I've only just ordered the GCMS notes so I won't get any confirmation on the issue until after its expiry.

Should I just go for and redo my biometrics? Can I use the same letter?

AOR: Nov 6
Biometrics submitted: Dec 23
Application status: Submitted

Many Thanks!
There are protocols in place when the fingerprints are not clear. You can read them at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

Just because someone was asked to re-do the fingerprinting, does not mean you too will have too.

If the officers wants you to give the fingerprints once again, you will be informed and if required, a new BIL will be issued.

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
So they have invited 27000 cec candidates ,
Mostprobably at a minimum 20000 will apply to aor ,
20000 *1200 approx = 24 million can dollar , at a minimum ,
They want the money , to function well most probably .

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
27 000 would apply to AOR. CEC are already applied for Canada before and know the visa rules and stuff so just a few won’t be able to get AOR.

Reactions: kanwar144

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Please. Not this again! They don't need the money. They lose money on every candidate, half of the processing fee is covered by Canadian tax payers. The money given by applicants only covers half. This was the quickest way to meet some of their targets, so they did it. I don't blame them. If i was in the government, I'd also give preference to people who are already in the country, who have jobs and have in many cases gotten Canadian education as well. I just hope as an FSW that our applications aren't put on hold indefinitely or worse.

karam2233

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
If you meet the travel exemptions, which your spouse does, as her mother is a PR in Canada, only your spouse will be exempt from travel restrictions.

For the processing of PR applications, immediate or extended family members is not a factor. The application will be processed on its own merits. Once you have a COPR, then your spouse can travel. However, if you are the PA, your spouse cannot land as a PR before the primary applicant does.

So your spouse will need a TRV to travel to Canada even if your spouse has a valid COPR, since your spouse cannot be admitted as a PR without the PR landing first. Since you as the PA, are not exempt from travel restrictions, you currently cannot travel, unless you have an authorisation to travel.
thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.

Reactions: legalfalcon

timstahh

Oct 2, 2020
There are protocols in place when the fingerprints are not clear. You can read them at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

Just because someone was asked to re-do the fingerprinting, does not mean you too will have too.

If the officers wants you to give the fingerprints once again, you will be informed and if required, a new BIL will be issued.
Thank you!