File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
@legalfalcon thanks for your adept support so far. Please can you shed some light on a grey area regarding the newly announced exemption yesterday for extended family. I’ve a PR sibling, and my PR application has also been approved since April according to GCMS, webform, and several phone calls to IRCC.

Should I apply for the written authorization alone and then perhaps request IRCC to prioritize my COPR/PRV issuance for landing (as I’m now exempted—knowing that COPR holders AFTER March 18th can ONLY travel if they are exempted under any category)?

Or

Should I apply for the written authorization plus a tourist visa?

The confusion is having two travel document application in progress at the same time(PRV and TRV.

Thanks as always.
The process for extended family is mentioned on canada.ca. Check. I was reading earlier today. Your family member needs fill a form, send to you and you fill and sign then send back to him/her, then he/she needs to sign in front of a legal individual (they mentioned on the website who). You will then need to receive this completed form and you can, I suppose, send to your VO or webform and request priority processing and ETA document from them.

I wish I could share the link but am on mobile.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Your first sentence is very surprising statement. I have black eye color and that’s what put, the same for two dependents, although I have not consulted with a doctor on this.
You can consult any ophthalmologist and they will tell you that your eye color may be dark brown, which pretty much looks like black, but black by itself is not there.

See:

"Contrary to popular belief, true black eyes do not exist. Some peoplewith a lot of melanin in their eyes might appear to have black eyesdepending on the lighting conditions. This is not truly black, however, but simply a very dark brown."
https://owlcation.com/stem/Rarest-Eye-Color-in-Humans

A lot of people have this misconception that they have black eye colour, which is not correct. Ask someone to take a picture of your eye and then you can zoom in and see.

• Wow
Reactions: Ojay1 and nns14

Cp9009

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@legalfalcon
Greetings for he day. I am Fsw-outland from India.My application has been approved since 17th march 2020 but got no COPR. From gcms notes i got to know that copr is valid till 12november 2020. Technically its been approved before the restrictions amd ircc alao says that applications approved prior 18th march are exempted from travel restrictions. I conveyed that I am willing to travel and have the arrangements for quarantine upon arrival. I got the email that message has been received by concerned officials a month back. Still no update.Should i write again?Is it worth it?What you suggest regarding this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Greetings for he day. I am Fsw-outland from India.My application has been approved since 17th march 2020 but got no COPR. From gcms notes i got to know that copr is valid till 12november 2020. Technically its been approved before the restrictions amd ircc alao says that applications approved prior 18th march are exempted from travel restrictions. I conveyed that I am willing to travel and have the arrangements for quarantine upon arrival. I got the email that message has been received by concerned officials a month back. Still no update.Should i write again?Is it worth it?What you suggest regarding this?
This could be due to the closure of VFS offices in India. After the GCMS notes shows the COPR number, it has to be sent for printing, and then a PPR request is sent.

If you have sent the email, all you can do is wait, but the good thing is that your application has been approved and as soon as IRCC makes any changes or starts issuing PPRs, you will amount the first few to get it.

If you do not hear back, you can send another webform or send an email to CPC Ottawa at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
The process for extended family is mentioned on canada.ca. Check. I was reading earlier today. Your family member needs fill a form, send to you and you fill and sign then send back to him/her, then he/she needs to sign in front of a legal individual (they mentioned on the website who). You will then need to receive this completed form and you can, I suppose, send to your VO or webform and request priority processing and ETA document from them.

Thanks

Cp9009

Star Member
May 22, 2020
This could be due to the closure of VFS offices in India. After the GCMS notes shows the COPR number, it has to be sent for printing, and then a PPR request is sent.

If you have sent the email, all you can do is wait, but the good thing is that your application has been approved and as soon as IRCC makes any changes or starts issuing PPRs, you will amount the first few to get it.

If you do not hear back, you can send another webform or send an email to CPC Ottawa at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Thank you so much @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

idicvulcan

Mar 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

I have just sent my notarized document to IRCC to get an authorization to cross the border to visit extended family (my partner of 7 years lives in Canada, and I am stuck south of the border). I too am wondering if I send a webform to ask for priority processing or to be considered inland, if that will make a difference. I did mention my EE application number in my email for authorization, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Pandora18

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi gues. They asked me to renew my medical exam. I am very concerned as not sure why they asked me. Is there any problem with my report? I had done my first medical in Aug last year. Now all hospitals are close due to Covid. What should I do? Please can you help me? I am in panic. Is there someone else woth renewed medical exam request?

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I have just sent my notarized document to IRCC to get an authorization to cross the border to visit extended family (my partner of 7 years lives in Canada, and I am stuck south of the border). I too am wondering if I send a webform to ask for priority processing or to be considered inland, if that will make a difference. I did mention my EE application number in my email for authorization, so fingers crossed.
Please keep us posted with how your situation turns out

CCS0025

Sep 8, 2020
Hi @CCS0025,
that's fairly easy - you have to visit this website: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en and on the map at the bottom search for the MP in your district. Then you click on his/her photo and the contact details will show up. From my experience, email is the best form of contact. Send them an introduction email, explaining your situation and they will send you a couple of documents to fill out so they can start handling your file.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Take care.
Thanks For the information. Sent email to them

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hi gues. They asked me to renew my medical exam. I am very concerned as not sure why they asked me. Is there any problem with my report? I had done my first medical in Aug last year. Now all hospitals are close due to Covid. What should I do? Please can you help me? I am in panic. Is there someone else woth renewed medical exam request?
Medical is valid only for a year and it seems ur medical has expired. There are many applicants who were asked to get their medical done again. As far as I know all the hospitals are conducting meds. You should call and book an appointment.

Lithin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hey we did the same for my partner of 5 years who is not in Canada. However, my partner is not from a visa exempt country so she needs her pr visa to be approved to travel.

I'm not sure if they would consider this form for priority processing of Permanent residence application, since everywhere it just mentions Visit visa

Also I guess in your case you just need travel authorization, if you are a US citizen.

Last edited:

Lithin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
@legalfalcon thanks for your adept support so far. Please can you shed some light on a grey area regarding the newly announced exemption yesterday for extended family. I’ve a PR sibling, and my PR application has also been approved since April according to GCMS, webform, and several phone calls to IRCC.

Should I apply for the written authorization alone and then perhaps request IRCC to prioritize my COPR/PRV issuance for landing (as I’m now exempted—knowing that COPR holders AFTER March 18th can ONLY travel if they are exempted under any category)?

Or

Should I apply for the written authorization plus a tourist visa?

The confusion is having two travel document application in progress at the same time(PRV and TRV.

Thanks as always.
I have the same confusion, doesn't make sense to raise another TRV visa just for this purpose. In the website they mention only visit visa.. they should keep it generic for any application.
We've sent the mail with declaration anyway, and also raised a web form.

devanger

Oct 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I went through some of the threads, and have a question regarding my situation. I am India born - US resident, and got my AOR in Nov-2019. As per the gcms notes that I obtained end of June 2020, I was able to find following information.

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

Finalize Application

Document issuance:1
Updated date: 2020/03/30
Valid to: 2020/10/14
Couterfoil issued at CPC-Ottawa

Document issuance:2
COPR issued at CPC-Ottawa

There are no updates in my CIC portal, and says decision not made.
Does this mean my application is approved? Also, both the documents issued has validity in this month. Does this mean, it will be extended when it is actually issued to me? I would appreciate any response. Thank you.

Reactions: nns14

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I went through some of the threads, and have a question regarding my situation. I am India born - US resident, and got my AOR in Nov-2019. As per the gcms notes that I obtained end of June 2020, I was able to find following information.

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

Finalize Application

Document issuance:1
Couterfoil issued at CPC-Ottawa

Document issuance:2
COPR issued at CPC-Ottawa

There are no updates in my CIC portal, and says decision not made.
Does this mean my application is approved? Also, both the documents issued has validity in this month. Does this mean, it will be extended when it is actually issued to me? I would appreciate any response. Thank you.
Ircc is not updating gckey at the moment whose applications have been approved.
Yes ur application has been approved and Yes it will get extended.

Reactions: devanger