+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

raysflavor

Jul 31, 2017
How shall we pay RPRF without even getting the message because we are waiting for the rprf message since December Post our MEP. Please suggest.
You really can pay ahead. There is a link on the website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp) where you can pay for all sorts of fees. When you pay the applicable fees, just send the receipt via webform (CSE).in the enquiry box just explain that you have decided to pay the fee upfront. Note that that fee is fully refundable so no risk paying ahead. They will include it in your file.

meet311

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
You really can pay ahead. There is a link on the website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp) where you can pay for all sorts of fees. When you pay the applicable fees, just send the receipt via webform (CSE).in the enquiry box just explain that you have decided to pay the fee upfront. Note that that fee is fully refundable so no risk paying ahead. They will include it in your file.
Thank you so much for this information

Reactions: raysflavor

meet311

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Our consultant's mail Id is updated in our online application. If we pay and raise a CSE with our own personal email Id will that work? Because we are not getting much updates from our own immigration consultant

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi All,

While we look forward to receiving an update from CIC wondering how the initial settlement things could be managed post relocation to Canada.

Here is the list of important tasks to complete post movement to Canada that I believe would be useful for everyone plus the questions I have on my mind for quite some time.

Looking forward to have suggestions from members in the group :)

1. Getting a SIN no. : This is the most important thing to do once anyone arrives in Canada. Any updates what all documents are required to apply for a SIN no. apart from the copy of PR card (especially for people relocating from India to Canada on a PR) ?

2. Opening a bank account: Understand PR card and passport copy would suffice for opening a bank account. Please add if there are any additions to this list.

3. Renting an apartment: Typically lease agreements of 12 month period is the standard practice however not sure what documents are needed to rent an apartment. Is it just the PR copy or anything additional e.g. proof of funds, etc. ? (please mention documents required if moving without a job and as such no pay statements, no offer letter available for submission).

4. Canada Health Benefits: Registration in PHI plan needed to cover for basic medical and emergency treatment. Any suggestions around what all documents to be submitted with health insurance office?

5. Employment Opportunities: Any job portals or consultants to recommend for employment opportunities search?

6. Any advice w.r.t. funds movement?

raysflavor

Jul 31, 2017
Our consultant's mail Id is updated in our online application. If we pay and raise a CSE with our own personal email Id will that work? Because we are not getting much updates from our own immigration consultant
Include all the details as you know it. They will send the notification to the consultant and of course he will notify you. CIC only sends email notifications to the registered email address. This (email add) can be changed though from MYCIC account if you know the login details.
You can always pay and inform the consultant afterwards. I honestly do not understand why they ask clients to delay that payment seeing that there is zero risk.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
1. Getting a SIN no. : This is the most important thing to do once anyone arrives in Canada. Any updates what all documents are required to apply for a SIN no. apart from the copy of PR card (especially for people relocating from India to Canada on a PR) ?
PR card is not needed to apply for SIN. COPR is fine. It can be done same as landing if you land in business hours of service Canada

2. Opening a bank account: Understand PR card and passport copy would suffice for opening a bank account. Please add if there are any additions to this list.
Again PR card is not mandatory, you can use COPR. But SIN is mandatory.

3. Renting an apartment: Typically lease agreements of 12 month period is the standard practice however not sure what documents are needed to rent an apartment. Is it just the PR copy or anything additional e.g. proof of funds, etc. ? (please mention documents required if moving without a job and as such no pay statements, no offer letter available for submission).
From what I have heard landlords will ask for an offer letter if you have a job or else people show that they have funds. Some people offer more rent in advance but legally landlords can't demand more than 2 months rent.

4. Canada Health Benefits: Registration in PHI plan needed to cover for basic medical and emergency treatment. Any suggestions around what all documents to be submitted with health insurance office?
I think at a minimum COPR and SIN would be needed

5. Employment Opportunities: Any job portals or consultants to recommend for employment opportunities search?
Most popular website is indeed.ca. Consultants depend on your field

6. Any advice w.r.t. funds movement?
That is fairly open question. You need to be a little bit more specific.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your answer.
Looks like they just forgot my application :D
Two and a half months in criminality review....and I never even got a parking ticket :)
Its obvious from my notes that no one touched my application since R10 - Nov 30
Well sometimes no news is better than a bad news. Been on these forums for 9 months already and I am sure I will be around for at least 3-4 more months :D
Anyways, have you ordered notes? the only thing that you can do is to make sure that your job experience letter, POF, etc. are all in order and won't get review required. Other than eligibility, there is nothing that you can do except waiting and trust me wait won't be longer than 6 months.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How shall we pay RPRF without even getting the message because we are waiting for the rprf message since December Post our MEP. Please suggest.
Even I am waiting since Nov 30 for RPRF :p You are not alone!! There is another person here in the same path who is waiting for RPRF since Dec too.

We are the ones who will get RPRF when our application is approved!!! Which will be right towards the end!! I didn't pay RPRF so I will know that my application is getting some update.

Btw if you want to RPRF you can go here
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Well sometimes no news is better than a bad news. Been on these forums for 9 months already and I am sure I will be around for at least 3-4 more months :D
Anyways, have you ordered notes? the only thing that you can do is to make sure that your job experience letter, POF, etc. are all in order and won't get review required. Other than eligibility, there is nothing that you can do except waiting and trust me wait won't be longer than 6 months.
Thank you. I hope you're right.
I'm at 110 days now, will wait a bit longer before I order new notes as the agent told me the same thing last week- eligibility not yet started.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you. I hope you're right.
I'm at 110 days now, will wait a bit longer before I order new notes as the agent told me the same thing last week- eligibility not yet started.
I would say it is the right time to order notes, because I am sure they start to do something after 2-3 months from aor. Just order notes to make sure 1- if your application is complete (you don't want to hear that one of the files didn't upload properly) 2- you are not review required

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Guys, does anyone has any idea of the average time needed to check criminality and security separately?

Also, in which stage verification is done, like work, education etc?

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi Pizzaboy, is there any update of your case? Get in IP2?
I am not tracking my application that much. I login once a week on Saturday night to check, but that is mainly so that I don't miss any ADRs. As of last Saturday, its still in that so-called "IP1" :).

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I asked my friend who has worked in an embassy. Apparently, they ask from consulates about criminality and some consulates just don't care, so they take 3-4 months to reply. Some like Indian ones reply quickly I guess therefore we get an impression that it should be fast but not true for all countries.