November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Realistically speaking - with time the effects of the surge in applications will tapper off. But, for now it will add a delay (more than what applicants from pre Oct would have seen) hence I think it is better of us who are waiting to take a chill pill and wait.

I am not panicking, i am agreeing with the the analysis shown above by @Sebbi and hoping others will see it in that light too.

Hi Kan_Sri,

Just to clarify one point from your post " We have seen the number of applications going down sharply in November to October levels but it is still a bit more than twice the number of applications as compared to September( or before)".......you mean to say number of applications came down sharply in November as compared to October (11th Oct. onward)? If that is true, then there is a silver lining that the number of applications may come down further in coming months and, hence, processing time as well. :)

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I think the latest verified data from CBC should help us to manage our expectations better and it's not as bad as some speculators predicted.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Reactions: Joshua1

Neha05

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Hi friends
So i am concerned about my application because i just find out that if your passport is not expired then also we need to send two piece of identification but i only sent one piece of ID, do u think that they will return my application, they received my application on nov 17.

MrWalido

Nov 19, 2017
Toronto
Hi admins,

Received my AOR on 28th Dec 2017
Can you please update the sheet?

Name: MrWalido
Application Type: Single
Physical presence: 1363 days
Application sent: Nov 13
Application delivered: Nov 16

Reactions: thegentleman

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Hi admins,

Received my AOR on 28th Dec 2017
Can you please update the sheet?

Name: MrWalido
Application Type: Single
Physical presence: 1363 days
Application sent: Nov 13
Application delivered: Nov 16
Updated.
Great to see AORs for applications received post Nov 15

Reactions: MrWalido

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi friends
So i am concerned about my application because i just find out that if your passport is not expired then also we need to send two piece of identification but i only sent one piece of ID, do u think that they will return my application, they received my application on nov 17.
Copied from www.Canada.ca "gather your documents" section:

"Step 3 – Gather your documents
Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407 (PDF, 1.98MB)
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • If you are 18 to 54 years old:
    • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
      • results of a third-party language test;
      • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
      • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
        OR
    • If you are 18-54 years of age and unable to demonstrate that you have the necessary English or French language ability due to a medical condition, you must submit a supporting evidence with your application. Please provide photocopies of one of the following:
      • An audiogram and an attestation issued by a Canadian audiologist if you are hearing impaired; or
      • Evidence from a medical practitioner in Canada if you have a disorder, disability or condition that is cognitive, psychiatric or physiological in nature.
  • Photocopy of personal identification
  • two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • The application fee of $630.00 per adult paid online. Use the Document Checklist (CIT 0007) (PDF, 1.83MB) to make sure your application package is complete. Submit the completed checklist with your application."

This clearly states that 1. If you didn't have a passport in last 5 years then you need photocopies of 2 govt. issued ID's 2. If you had passport in last 5 years then you need photocopy of 1 govt. issued ID.

Neha05

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Copied from www.Canada.ca "gather your documents" section:

"Step 3 – Gather your documents
Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407 (PDF, 1.98MB)
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • If you are 18 to 54 years old:
    • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
      • results of a third-party language test;
      • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
      • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
        OR
    • If you are 18-54 years of age and unable to demonstrate that you have the necessary English or French language ability due to a medical condition, you must submit a supporting evidence with your application. Please provide photocopies of one of the following:
      • An audiogram and an attestation issued by a Canadian audiologist if you are hearing impaired; or
      • Evidence from a medical practitioner in Canada if you have a disorder, disability or condition that is cognitive, psychiatric or physiological in nature.
  • Photocopy of personal identification
  • two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • The application fee of $630.00 per adult paid online. Use the Document Checklist (CIT 0007) (PDF, 1.83MB) to make sure your application package is complete. Submit the completed checklist with your application."

This clearly states that 1. If you didn't have a passport in last 5 years then you need photocopies of 2 govt. issued ID's 2. If you had passport in last 5 years then you need photocopy of 1 govt. issued ID.
Yup i had passport in last 5 years that’s why I submitted one piece of ID but when i called CIC and ask them they said ifu have passport then two if u don’t have passport then three IDs so i want to ask from the members who received AOR if they have submitted two IDs or just one?