+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Nov 06 said:
Thanks Bro. I hope so. Collecting the documents is such a big headache especially the travel records for your home country.
Why do you think you and your wife received RQ?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Why do you think you and your wife received RQ?
I have no clue. I thought if you work here continuously since arrival and having kids in school won't expose us to RQ. it seems CIC have spare time for no reason.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@Nov 06, 2014

I am sorry to know that. Please document everything as soon as possible and send the paperwork to CIC within the timeframe mentioned on the letter. There is nothing you could have done to avoid RQ. My best wishes for you and your wife

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Nov 06 said:
I have no clue. I thought if you work here continuously since arrival and having kids in school won't expose us to RQ. it seems CIC have spare time for no reason.
So sorry to hear about your RQ .However , as others have suggested , RQs are not taking long now.

BTW , did you receive RQ from Sydney or your local office ?

What do you see in your e-cas ?

Thanks

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
How many days did you have on your physical and basic residences respectively?

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Thanks for reply. Actually they never asked for work records in the citizenship application. So I didn't think it was a good idea to send extra documents that they don't ask for.
And of course, they did not ask for any work related document, but this criteria will pass only if within the required period of time you were in school and were a full time student. If this criteria isn't met, you need to submit something (i.e. employment records) to justify residency.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ Nov 06, 2014

I am sorry to know that. Please document everything as soon as possible and send the paperwork to CIC within the timeframe mentioned on the letter. There is nothing you could have done to avoid RQ. My best wishes for you and your wife
Thanks a lot . I already started to approach third parties for the documents. I hope to get everything ready by 3 weeks. My advice to everyone. Get your health records ready ( just in case). There is no cost associated with that. It is the most critical activity and takes i believe the longer time. I hope I was aware of that earlier.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
So sorry to hear about your RQ .However , as others have suggested , RQs are not taking long now.

BTW , did you receive RQ from Sydney or your local office ?

What do you see in your e-cas ?

Thanks
Thanks . I received it from Scarborough local office. Any difference?
I have send the required documents to Scarborough office address.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dav3000 said:
And of course, they did not ask for any work related document, but this criteria will pass only if within the required period of time you were in school and were a full time student. If this criteria isn't met, you need to submit something (i.e. employment records) to justify residency.
Bro. They never ask for supporting documents for the work in the application. As I said I have been working one month after I moved to Canada. I also enclosed transcripts of some courses. I'm not sure that they do to verify the information in the application, but if they checked data at CRA they would see my file taxation over the whole period. As I said, they are just wasting my time, their time and the countries resources. we better utilize all these efforts in doing something more beneficial. I'm so much upset guys.

scolaco

May 26, 2011
An update to my application.

PR Landing: May 1 2012 - CEC
Application received : November 19th 2014
AOR Received: February 4th 2015 at 8.40pm via email

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
I want my file to be transferred. *drums fingers impatiently*

I'm afraid after reading all these RQs I will get one too. Not for being in the country, but because I started graduate school. As I had just started when I applied I didn't have a transcript to send them, but gave them a confirmation of enrollment and a copy of my acceptance letter. I'm debating ordering a transcript, now that I've completed a term, just in case they RQ me I can send it in straight away.

shaig

Feb 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline: (family application)

Application received Nov 14, 2014.

AOR by email: Jan 31, 2015 :D :D

Ecas got activated Feb 2, 2015. However, the next day it was no longer active. Went back to not being able to access anything. Has this happened to anyone else? ???

alsabbag

Jan 6, 2014
shaig said:
My timeline: (family application)

Application received Nov 14, 2014.

AOR by email: Jan 31, 2015 :D :D

Ecas got activated Feb 2, 2015. However, the next day it was no longer active. Went back to not being able to access anything. Has this happened to anyone else? ???
I have a some what similar situation. I had the eCAS briefly showing the name and address but without a link. Then it went back to not being able to access anything. I called them today and the agent referred me to their web support team to fix the issue. He mentioned that my application is now open (I am not sure if Open means in process or not).

alsabbag

Jan 6, 2014
alsabbag said:
I have a some what similar situation. I had the eCAS briefly showing the name and address but without a link. Then it went back to not being able to access anything. I called them today and the agent referred me to their web support team to fix the issue. He mentioned that my application is now open (I am not sure if Open means in process or not).
Ok. Today morning, I can see the eCAS status of my application as received. Application was sent on November 13, received on 14th and application status updated as received on Feb 4th.