+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jmak,
I was in similar situation, my ecas changed to "In-Process" after 34 days from the receipt of e-mail AOR. I received RQ yesterday from local office even though there is no status on File transfer in e-Cas.

I think you should call CIC and inquire about it. You might be surprised it might show "In-process" after the call. Atleast, it happened in my case.:)
I wish that there are some delays in updating your e-CAS rather than RQ path.

All the best.

jmak said:
Hi all,

Here is my timeline

Appy received Nov. 27, 2014
Email AOR Jan. 22, 2015

No updates since then. I've seen many people who applied after me and their files are already in process and some already received test dates.

Why is my application "on hold"?

Joe

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Nov 06 2014, I wish you all the best as well. Iam trying to gather the documentary evidence for Volunteer / Community involvement whilst waiting for the OHIP records. Just called Personal records OHIP call centre today for the timelines, they mentioned 60 Business days (I hope it gets sent in 2-3 weeks, as there is a check box to indicate the request is for Residency Purposes).

I will wait for 3 weeks and send the documents with what ever i have and then send the OHIP records if i receive it later.

Do you think the Dental/ Vision records would suffice ? I had visited these med professionals on a regular basis and have a good documentary evidence from Insurance companies with dates and services requested for.

Nov 06 said:
I guess you are in a good shape. During your waiting time, try to collect as much document as possible. if you have membership at any organizations get letters. if you have seasonal passes, then approach them and get your visits history. if you do this, you will definitely stopping CIC officers from having more fun and you will help to save their time on more valuable things to do. Taxpayers money will be saved as well. :) :D Good luck buddy.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
Just wanted to give you all the update on my test today. I had a test at 11:45 at Scarborough office and cleared the test with 20/20 marks. It took me about 10 minutes in total to finish the test. The interview was smooth as well.

Good luck everyone!

Harnit

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi jmak,
I was in similar situation, my ecas changed to "In-Process" after 34 days from the receipt of e-mail AOR. I received RQ yesterday from local office even though there is no status on File transfer in e-Cas.

I think you should call CIC and inquire about it. You might be surprised it might show "In-process" after the call. Atleast, it happened in my case.:)
I wish that there are some delays in updating your e-CAS rather than RQ path.

All the best.

So you had to call them and after you called CIC they sent you the RQ?

My mother sent her application a month after me and she already received the RQ this week. I hope I won't receive it.

Any idea what are the processing times and any advice?

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Hanit2010.

harnit2010 said:
Hi Friends,
Just wanted to give you all the update on my test today. I had a test at 11:45 at Scarborough office and cleared the test with 20/20 marks. It took me about 10 minutes in total to finish the test. The interview was smooth as well.

Good luck everyone!

Harnit

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
harnit2010 said:
Hi Friends,

Good luck everyone!

Harnit
Yaaay! well done!

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jmak,
Are you referring to RQ timelines ? This can be anywhere between 2-3 years, there have been recent instances in last year where
the applicants receiving RQ had completed their oath as well.But we had to keep fingers crossed. Also keep checking the tracker
which has columns that tracks the RQ .(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=27)

There are many threads with respect to RQ in this forum.
Also refer the following blog on how to prepare for RQ response(https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-before-test-timeline-t120879.690.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-despite-all-documents-submitted-with-citizenship-application-t271425.0.html

Wishing you all the best.

jmak said:
So you had to call them and after you called CIC they sent you the RQ?

My mother sent her application a month after me and she already received the RQ this week. I hope I won't receive it.

Any idea what are the processing times and any advice?

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all, sharing my test experience

i had my test today at scarborough. there were about 25 - 30 people for the test.

after entering, the security guard asks you for your yellow paper. he sees it and then returns it back to you. he then asks you to wait over there, there are chairs lined up.

about 15 minutes before your test time, the officials ask you to enter the test room.

the officials provide instructions on the next step of actions and how to write the test.

the test is easy if you have read the discover canada booklet at least 2 or 3 times.

i was not given a oath letter on the spot, was advised it will be sent by mail to me.

hope this experience helps others.

good luck and now the wait for oath letter begins.

cecapplied

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi jmak,
Are you referring to RQ timelines ? This can be anywhere between 2-3 years, there have been recent instances in last year where
the applicants receiving RQ had completed their oath as well.But we had to keep fingers crossed. Also keep checking the tracker
which has columns that tracks the RQ .(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=27)

There are many threads with respect to RQ in this forum.
Also refer the following blog on how to prepare for RQ response(https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-before-test-timeline-t120879.690.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-despite-all-documents-submitted-with-citizenship-application-t271425.0.html

Wishing you all the best.
Hi Datascientist,

Thank you for your reply.

I just went to check the status of my application, and voila, it's now in process.

If I don't get the RQ within the next 10 days, I will be very happy!

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Jmak,

You mean 10 days after receiving by local office?

jmak said:
Hi Datascientist,

Thank you for your reply.

I just went to check the status of my application, and voila, it's now in process.

If I don't get the RQ within the next 10 days, I will be very happy!

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
ECAS Updated today!

We sent you a notice on March 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

YAAAAY!

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Jmak,

You mean 10 days after receiving by local office?
No, the next 10 days after the application started being in process.

My mother's application start on Feb 26, transferred to local office March 5. Then March 9, she received the RQ dated February 26...

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Jmak,
Which office was that Scarborough or Mississauga?

jmak said:
No, the next 10 days after the application started being in process.

My mother's application start on Feb 26, transferred to local office March 5. Then March 9, she received the RQ dated February 26...