November 2014 Applicants

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi Nov 06, 2014,

Did you have OHIP health records already or requested one.

Can we send them Dentist / Vision service records as i had visited them on a regular basis ?

The OHIP takes 14-60 days , where as the time given to respond the RQ is 45 days.

I do have all other documents (Home and Family ties , employment ties etc).

Seniors , do you have any advise?

@ Datascientist
I requested OHIP records for me and my wife. they tell you it takes up to 30 days. we received them after 2 weeks exactly. my advice is to fill the form and mail it as soon as possible. ( form available @ http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-4890-84E~1/$File/4890-84E.pdf )

I also sent the dentist records along with full history of service from our private health insurance ( provided by my employer). This should be one of the strongest proofs of physical presence. That was essential for my wife as she didn't studied or worked here.

My sincere advice to you, send all documents that you can within the given timeframe. you don't want them to come back to you asking for them and cause more delays. the most important documents are,
- rental agreements with a proof of payments. ( I sent some copies of the cheques along with bank statement that shows the withdrawal of the rental on monthly basis.
- Translations of passport as applicable.
- education proofs for your and family
- OHIP and other health records
- employment records.

I think the above if available would suffice. I still encourage to send all extra documents you can get . I know it is such a hectic time for you, but you want things to be clear.

Good luck buddy.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Any idea how many days it takes to receive the booklet Discover Canada after the AOR?

Thanks

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi Nov 06, 2014,

Did you have OHIP health records already or requested one.

Can we send them Dentist / Vision service records as i had visited them on a regular basis ?

The OHIP takes 14-60 days , where as the time given to respond the RQ is 45 days.

I do have all other documents (Home and Family ties , employment ties etc).

Seniors , do you have any advise?
Hi I just received OHIP history record today. it seems to take two weeks as I sent the request via regular mail.

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark1987 said:
Hi all

Any idea how many days it takes to receive the booklet Discover Canada after the AOR?

Thanks
I didn't receive the booklet,discover canada but only test invitation letter.
They seem to recommend applicant to download electronic files instead of mailing it.
But you can request a publication via website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/index.asp#ordering

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Nov 06 2014,
I will wait for OHIP records, i do have all the other info related to
1. Absence from Canada (passport Stamping, CBSA report)
2. Home and Family Ties ( Rental Agreement, Rental statements, Title / Mortgage Statements, Renters / Auto Insurance)
3. Employment (T4, NOA)
4. Education Ties (School records of my son)
5. Other (Requesting OHIP personal claim history , already have Dental / vision Services dates from private Insurance).

Please let me know if iam missing something. I just received RQ letter today.
Waiting 2 weeks for OHIP does not seems to be bad, even though the evidences are substantiating.
Do not want to take chance.

Seniors, Appreciate your advice.

Nov 06 said:
@ Datascientist
I requested OHIP records for me and my wife. they tell you it takes up to 30 days. we received them after 2 weeks exactly. my advice is to fill the form and mail it as soon as possible. ( form available @ http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-4890-84E~1/$File/4890-84E.pdf )

I also sent the dentist records along with full history of service from our private health insurance ( provided by my employer). This should be one of the strongest proofs of physical presence. That was essential for my wife as she didn't studied or worked here.

My sincere advice to you, send all documents that you can within the given timeframe. you don't want them to come back to you asking for them and cause more delays. the most important documents are,
- rental agreements with a proof of payments. ( I sent some copies of the cheques along with bank statement that shows the withdrawal of the rental on monthly basis.
- Translations of passport as applicable.
- education proofs for your and family
- OHIP and other health records
- employment records.

I think the above if available would suffice. I still encourage to send all extra documents you can get . I know it is such a hectic time for you, but you want things to be clear.

Good luck buddy.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
us2yow said:
Datascientist,

Any theories on why you think you got an RQ ? especially since you say you just had ONE 3 week visit ? So you basically left Canada just once in the 4 year period covering your CIT application ? Wow....hmm... and RQ ?
I have seen people in this forum who never left canada and still got RQ. I think there is some criteria that CIC chooses to issue RQ

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mark1987 said:
Hi all

Thanks
If you have received email AOR then it will have link to study discover canada book online and you won't receive a book by mail

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will be tough to unlock that secret criteria :p (assuming the application is qualified and no restrictions applicable)

thecoolguysam said:
I have seen people in this forum who never left canada and still got RQ. I think there is some criteria that CIC chooses to issue RQ

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
jenny92 said:
i got test invitation letter today. ;D
Don't they send a book? I have only i nvitation letter and book didn't come together.
You can download the PDF, also there is an audio presentation you can have in you iphone or ipad. Also try free app "Citizenship Counts".

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Process is moving :) , ECAS updated today:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.

4.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 8, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I have a question, which file goes to Mississauga and which file go to the Scarborough , what is the difference?

wilbur said:
Process is moving :) , ECAS updated today:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.

4.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 8, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Thanks Nov 06 2014,
I will wait for OHIP records, i do have all the other info related to
1. Absence from Canada (passport Stamping, CBSA report)
2. Home and Family Ties ( Rental Agreement, Rental statements, Title / Mortgage Statements, Renters / Auto Insurance)
3. Employment (T4, NOA)
4. Education Ties (School records of my son)
5. Other (Requesting OHIP personal claim history , already have Dental / vision Services dates from private Insurance).

Please let me know if iam missing something. I just received RQ letter today.
Waiting 2 weeks for OHIP does not seems to be bad, even though the evidences are substantiating.
Do not want to take chance.

Seniors, Appreciate your advice.
I guess you are in a good shape. During your waiting time, try to collect as much document as possible. if you have membership at any organizations get letters. if you have seasonal passes, then approach them and get your visits history. if you do this, you will definitely stopping CIC officers from having more fun and you will help to save their time on more valuable things to do. Taxpayers money will be saved as well. :) :D Good luck buddy.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Here is my timeline

Appy received Nov. 27, 2014
Email AOR Jan. 22, 2015

No updates since then. I've seen many people who applied after me and their files are already in process and some already received test dates.

Why is my application "on hold"?

Joe

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmak said:
Hi all,

Here is my timeline

Appy received Nov. 27, 2014
Email AOR Jan. 22, 2015

No updates since then. I've seen many people who applied after me and their files are already in process and some already received test dates.

Why is my application "on hold"?

Joe
Jmak, is your e-cas active?