+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hhhh said:
drajpoot expert,

May I ask, as far as you know, or anyone who knows, is there any case(s) who was rejected after he or she got AOR from NS? (Reject by NS, which means he or she didn't get nomination)
What kind of reasons it could be?
Thanks.
Hi
As you seen already the information in Red color in spreadhseet are rejected cases. Just because when this program was started if you will see the guide there is slight diffrence in point grid system. So some guys who sent their application according to their point grade system got rejection cause they dint score 67 as per their updated score system. Some rejection are like applicants have relatives in another provinces and they did not satisfy the officer that they have strong intention to settle in Nova Scotia.
If you have relatives OR any relation in another province than there is very high chances of rejection if you are not good enough to satisfy officer by providing documents or proof that you honestly want to settle in Nova Scotia.

However I would say Nominee officer are very intelligent and cooperative, they are doing great job as its true that many people are trying to get PR through this program and they wish to move in another province. So if anyone have same intention like this I am quite sure they will have very hard time to convince nominee officer as they are very smart. But there are some exceptions too where somebody like me have strong intention to settle in Nova scotia but have many relation with another province, in this case they are not going to reject you just in one shot, they always study your case listen to you and then make their decision.
My wife was in Ontario, I was working for a company which was in Quebec and that time i was living in Ontario too and no relation was in Nova Scotia Moreover in FSW13 and FSW14 program I mentioned my intended province Ontario both time but still Nova scotia nominate me and I am living in Halifax at present. Its because i had true intention to settle in Nova Scotia. It was not easy for me to convince the officer as my circumstances were against me but the fact and truth was I intended to settle myself in Nova Scotia.I had no plan to move anywhere but people move in another province once they get nominated. I do not think is right way cause just because of this we are losing their trust and people who really want to settle in nominated province got hard time to convince officer.

So be honest, and if any province gives you opportunity to settle in their province be on your words and try to settle yourself, I know it takes time but you will get it.

regards
D

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
drajpoot said:
Hi
As you seen already the information in Red color in spreadhseet are rejected cases. Just because when this program was started if you will see the guide there is slight diffrence in point grid system. So some guys who sent their application according to their point grade system got rejection cause they dint score 67 as per their updated score system. Some rejection are like applicants have relatives in another provinces and they did not satisfy the officer that they have strong intention to settle in Nova Scotia.
If you have relatives OR any relation in another province than there is very high chances of rejection if you are not good enough to satisfy officer by providing documents or proof that you honestly want to settle in Nova Scotia.

However I would say Nominee officer are very intelligent and cooperative, they are doing great job as its true that many people are trying to get PR through this program and they wish to move in another province. So if anyone have same intention like this I am quite sure they will have very hard time to convince nominee officer as they are very smart. But there are some exceptions too where somebody like me have strong intention to settle in Nova scotia but have many relation with another province, in this case they are not going to reject you just in one shot, they always study your case listen to you and then make their decision.
My wife was in Ontario, I was working for a company which was in Quebec and that time i was living in Ontario too and no relation was in Nova Scotia Moreover in FSW13 and FSW14 program I mentioned my intended province Ontario both time but still Nova scotia nominate me and I am living in Halifax at present. Its because i had true intention to settle in Nova Scotia. It was not easy for me to convince the officer as my circumstances were against me but the fact and truth was I intended to settle myself in Nova Scotia.I had no plan to move anywhere but people move in another province once they get nominated. I do not think is right way cause just because of this we are losing their trust and people who really want to settle in nominated province got hard time to convince officer.

So be honest, and if any province gives you opportunity to settle in their province be on your words and try to settle yourself, I know it takes time but you will get it.

regards
D
Thanks for this brief information drajpoot. I always appreciate your way of explanation to the people on this forum. You have been always a great help for us all. Thanks again.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
But how would the nominee office know if I have relatives in another province? In my case I have relatives (distance ones) in Ontario but not so ever relationship with them. However how would the officer would know all of my family and their current location?

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
drajpoot,

Sincerely appreciate your explanation!
All the best!

drajpoot said:
Hi

regards
D

amar665

May 14, 2016
Looking for some information in nova scotia pnp, I have 6 months experience in noc B in nova scotia and work for 1 year as part time in ontario in noc B as student. So, could you guys guide me which stream will be best for me and what documents i need and what is the time for processing that stream.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
runaway982 said:
But how would the nominee office know if I have relatives in another province? In my case I have relatives (distance ones) in Ontario but not so ever relationship with them. However how would the officer would know all of my family and their current location?
Well you never know.. CIC generates UCI for everone who applied for any kind of Visa for Canada and just entering that UCI in one click and all details are on their computer screen.So like you said you have relatives in Canada for sure they have their own UCI and they provided all the family member details and you also provide your family member details and in case any common family member they found who is living in Canada... Than ??????
I do not know how their system works better keep in mind if you are in process with Canada and US immigration be honest and give all information correctly failing which you might be inadmissible for Canada for next 5 years or may be more.

Do not take lightly or challenge their system, I do not know which country you belong too but specially for these two countries be careful for providing misleading information and avoid hiding the facts.
I know there are many cases people immigrated by using misleading information and fake documents they were lucky but most have them who do that have nothing to lose so they take risk but I will suggest everyone to go in a right manner provide all the information correctly as far as those are relevant to your application. Its like if you would be nice with them they would be nice with you.

regards
D.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
I guess tomorrow will be momentous. NSOI had instructed that we reply to their pre-AOR before tomorrow, 20th June, 2016. Hence, I think some folks will be receiving AORs tomorrow. All the best to all of us as we fold our hands as things unfold.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
amar665 said:
Looking for some information in nova scotia pnp, I have 6 months experience in noc B in nova scotia and work for 1 year as part time in ontario in noc B as student. So, could you guys guide me which stream will be best for me and what documents i need and what is the time for processing that stream.
Hi Amar

I read almost 5 times of your post before writing. I would suggest you to first please be detailed when you ask something. So that everyone will understand your situation and try to help. Your query is kind of lot of questions but no specific details.

NOVA SCOTIA PNP: every PNP has its own eligibility criteria, and no one knows about your details better than you so its only you who can decide unless you need to provide your detailed information so that we can guide you.
NOC B , A lot of occupation comes under NOC B, No one can guess your NOC comes under which stream

This thread is only for NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM : IN DEMAND Express Entry(Pilot Project) which has been closed, and no one know when it will open , additionally its kind of hard to provide you information about which program would work for you without having your details.

I am sorry, its a first time I felt helpless to answer a query So please be detailed and descriptive.
I would really like to advice or suggest something which will work for you.

regards
D.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
To all good spirited individuals in the house.

Please, kindly advise if NSOI call ones previous employers or current ones. Also, do they contact ones relative whether in NS or outside?

Thanks for any useful info.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
oksma said:
To all good spirited individuals in the house.

Please, kindly advise if NSOI call ones previous employers or current ones. Also, do they contact ones relative whether in NS or outside?

Thanks for any useful info.
It depends if something doubtful they may contact.

regards
D.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Thanks drajpood.

My relatives are very distance, we do not share even the last name, they are my grandmother cousins, so I believe that that would not be a problem.
I took them as an example, because I don't even know where do they live, they have immigrated to Canada ten years ago, we do not kept contact and how should I mention them in my application?

Never mind, I should wait and see what would happen next.

One more thing. I have submitted an application for Alberta PNP, but my documents were returned due to the fact that I don't live in Canada. Would that be a problem (my Alberta application was sent on 28 January 2016, and my Nova Scotia application was sent in November last year)

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
Thanks drajpood.

My relatives are very distance, we do not share even the last name, they are my grandmother cousins, so I believe that that would not be a problem.
I took them as an example, because I don't even know where do they live, they have immigrated to Canada ten years ago, we do not kept contact and how should I mention them in my application?

Never mind, I should wait and see what would happen next.

One more thing. I have submitted an application for Alberta PNP, but my documents were returned due to the fact that I don't live in Canada. Would that be a problem (my Alberta application was sent on 28 January 2016, and my Nova Scotia application was sent in November last year)

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers
They only ask you to mention close relatives. I wouldn't call anyone outside your core family (parents, grandparents, children and siblings) a close relative.

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
I guess tomorrow will be momentous. NSOI had instructed that we reply to their pre-AOR before tomorrow, 20th June, 2016. Hence, I think some folks will be receiving AORs tomorrow. All the best to all of us as we fold our hands as things unfold.
Your source of information please? Hope is not false hope.