+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Mz. Johnson said:
I can't access the spreadsheet with my phone that's why I asked for the timeline.
mechanical95 is 12th january applicant NOC 2132 country saudi arabia. AOR got on 24th march.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
mechanical95 said:
Hi Everyone!
Just want to share that I got AOR on 24-03-2015.

Please advise how to update record in the Google spreadsheet!
Congratulations, we want to see more AOR and NOMINATIONS

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
ladominicana said:
Hi

Just receive my AOR a few minutes ago, I sent my application on January the 13.

Lets wait for the nomination now.
Congratulations, nsoi is working

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
ladominicana said:
Hi

@ ladominicana, congrats on ur AOR. Kindly complete the google spead sheet.
Thank you
Ji ji

hellolwl

Jan 24, 2015
Shanghai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LusiLee said:
Zerogravityplayer, AOR! Congrats!

Guys, what about
mechanical95
hellolwl
whitneyhazel?

Are you got AOR? or not yet?

And what about nominations...
indianbritish ???
yhw9102 ???
satya ???
abhishishir ???
No update so far :'(

hellolwl

Jan 24, 2015
Shanghai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got AOR eventually!

Dear XXX:

This is to acknowledge receipt of XXX's application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream on January 13, 2015. The application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.

The case ID is XXXXXX. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.
One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To confirm that the applicant is registered please e-mail this office, nsnp@novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
ladominicana said:
Hi

Congrats !!!

Your application receive date- 13.01.2015
AOR date- 25.03.2015
Your NOC-?
your visa office-
your country-
your score-
Can you please enter your details in spreadsheet. You can find link in my signature below.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hellolwl said:
I got AOR eventually!

Dear XXX:

This is to acknowledge receipt of XXX's application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream on January 13, 2015. The application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.

The case ID is XXXXXX. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.
One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To confirm that the applicant is registered please e-mail this office, nsnp @ novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
Congrats !!
Wonderful news

husky_tiger

Mar 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I read a lot of posts in this thread and found that most of the conversations are around the Express entry stream.

I applied via the regular PNP (skilled worker) Stream on Monday. I'm unable to find any information online about the progress with applications under the general stream.

-My Background -
Graduate from a Nova Scotia University with a bachelor'e degree
Work experience of over 1 year in Nova Scotia in an NOC B level job
Job is not listed in the Express Entry occupation categories

Can any one of you in a similar situation let me know if they heard back regarding the general skilled worker stream? After reading the numbers and the time NSOI is taking to process these applications, I am getting really concerned.

Thanks in advance!

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
husky_tiger said:
Hello everyone,

I read a lot of posts in this thread and found that most of the conversations are around the Express entry stream.

I applied via the regular PNP (skilled worker) Stream on Monday. I'm unable to find any information online about the progress with applications under the general stream.

-My Background -
Graduate from a Nova Scotia University with a bachelor'e degree
Work experience of over 1 year in Nova Scotia in an NOC B level job
Job is not listed in the Express Entry occupation categories

Can any one of you in a similar situation let me know if they heard back regarding the general skilled worker stream? After reading the numbers and the time NSOI is taking to process these applications, I am getting really concerned.

Thanks in advance!
Actually this thread is only for people who are without job offer and applied in Express Entry (Pilot Project).
I do not see anyone here in same situation like you except One guy lemondrop , I do not know in which stream he applied as he mentioned his NOC 5223 which is not in the occupation list of this program.

By the way may I know what is your NOC

husky_tiger

Mar 25, 2015
drajpoot said:
Actually this thread is only for people who are without job offer and applied in Express Entry (Pilot Project).
I do not see anyone here in same situation like you except One guy lemondrop , I do not know in which stream he applied as he mentioned his NOC 5223 which is not in the occupation list of this program.

By the way may I know what is your NOC
Thanks!

My NOC is 1123

Since I'm new here, would you know if there's a thread for people applying under NSNP (Skilled Worker) with job offers?

lovecorazn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Zerogravityplayer said:
@ Drajpoot
Thanks for your message. I got my AOR @ 1:17 am Philippine Time on March 25 = 2:17 pm Halifax Time March 24

Age- 27
Education- WES Credential Evaluation - Completion of Secondary Education with 2 Years Diploma
Work Experience- 4-5 years NOC 3012
IELTS score and validity - L R W S 6.0 6.5 6.0 7.0 / Date of exam- June 21, 2013
Spouse IELTS score and validity - None
Any relative in Canada- None
Any canadian education - None
Family: 1
Settlement fund: 13,000 CAD

I was eligible last January for Express Entry, but when I updated my profile it turned out that I am no longer eligible so I won't able to send the Express Entry Profile Number with the Job Seeker Validation Code that NSNP needed me to send back on their email. I wonder if NSNP would only accept the EE profile number without the Job Seeker Validation Code? I am afraid that if I am going to respond with the email from NSNP that I am eligible for express entry they would refuse my application in Nova Scotia (the worst case scenario). According to the email of ineligibility below from my Express Entry profile, it is saying that I need to improve my qualifications or I can apply for provincial nomination program which I already did. I just don't really understand that. I don't know also on what extent do I need to improve my qualifications because the cic did not send me a specific target area to meet to be eligible. Maybe the best thing that I need to do is to inform NSNP that I am not eligible for express entry that I can only send them the Express Entry Profile Number without the Job Seeker Validation Code. Someone sent me a message today who is also on the same boat with me. If there are anybody in the forum who can give us a good advice, please let us know. We would really appreciate that. Thank you very much!

(email)
*You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also apply directly to a province or territory through the
Hi,

What if you add your settlement fund into higher amount. That might help. Just try. And by the way, when did you submit your nsnp application? I'm noc 3012 too. And filipino like you.

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
drajpoot said:
Age- 12 points
Work Exp- 13 points
IELTS- 19 points
Education- How many points you will be assigned for your WES report? I am not sure but I think you will get 19 points not 23 points
your score would be 63 which do not meet FSW criteria
If you get 23 for education or your spouse get CLB4 in IELTS only than you will score 67 and then you would be eligible for your express entry profile because your profile will met the FSW criteria.

Further as you said that before you were eligible which means that you would get 23 points for your education. May I know what did you update today in your EE profile?
Are you sure that you entered correct education when you created your EE profile in January?because I do not see any other reason for this sudden change in your EE profile.

To apply in NSNP program you must score 67

Education points are like this-

Doctoral (PhD) level 25 points

University-level credential at the Master's level OR an entry-to-practice professional 23 points
degree. Note: CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those
degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which
licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, in one of the following fields of
study:
• Medicine,
• Veterinary Medicine;
• Dentistry;
• Podiatry;
• Optometry;
• Law;
• Chiropractic Medicine; and
• Pharmacy.

Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these 22 points
credentials is for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or
longer

Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 21 points
Two-year post-secondary program credential 19 points

Work experience-

4-5 years 15 points

IELTS- 19 points
Age- 18-35 12 points

Here your score is 65, which supposed to be 67 to be eligible for this program

Now You have only option to eligible for this program , if you have your spouse IELTS than create your EE profile and immediately send the copy of your spouse IELTS with EE profile no. and job verification code.
The easiest option for you is spouse IELTS score to be eligible for express entry.

This is doable. Let your spouse take IELTS exam.