+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notification for medical request....please how does it come?

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
Please can anyone explain this to me? I had an application for a student's visa refused cos they didn't think i had strong family ties and thought i'd probably not return to my country after my study. (Nigeria). I reapplied on the 16th of June again and included my leave approval at work and also some other documents showing that i have investments here to return to. I had also left England to take up the employment and so would definitely return to the same job. Only want to study to improve and quicken my ascension at work. I haven't received any email and got this response: Visa application, tracking ID No.20140616GHANSTU01620– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/07/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website. No mention was made about medical and this is the exact message i received when my previous application was refused. I have read a lot of people receiving emails indicating medical requests and thought they'd inform me if mine were the same. But no mail and tracking shows this result. Is this a confirmation of refusal or is it possible to see this and still get a medical request with the returned passport? Thank you...

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Hey,
In India, applicants are intimated by email or maybe by post if unable to communicate over email. Theres a request letter with an attachment. That's how I received it. If your country comes in the list of countries whose citizens MUST undergo a test, then you should have received a request for the same. Have you checked your mail folders properly? At times passport is also returned in order to carry it as an ID proof while doing your med test but that only happens if you have received a request for medical test alongside. If you haven't received anything then I am afraid you will only get to know once you get the passport in your hand.

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
Thank you aparna...Yes it's a must to undergo a medical here in Nigeria as well. It's on the website that if you have lived for more than 6 months here, you will require a medical examination. I have returned from London exactly a year ago and so fall into that category. I haven't received any accompanying email with the information, last time i was refused, i got the same email and same information when i tracked. This time, no email, just tracked it and found that message. I have heard of cases where it is stated that one is to go for medical examination but i do not know if this is the same info they get when they track the application....cos it says..."your processed passport". I just need to know if those who got a mediacl exam notification also see it as "your processed passport". or if this explicitly means they have reached a conclusion

aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hey,
In India, applicants are intimated by email or maybe by post if unable to communicate over email. Theres a request letter with an attachment. That's how I received it. If your country comes in the list of countries whose citizens MUST undergo a test, then you should have received a request for the same. Have you checked your mail folders properly? At times passport is also returned in order to carry it as an ID proof while doing your med test but that only happens if you have received a request for medical test alongside. If you haven't received anything then I am afraid you will only get to know once you get the passport in your hand.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
soapydarren said:
Thank you aparna...Yes it's a must to undergo a medical here in Nigeria as well. It's on the website that if you have lived for more than 6 months here, you will require a medical examination. I have returned from London exactly a year ago and so fall into that category. I haven't received any accompanying email with the information, last time i was refused, i got the same email and same information when i tracked. This time, no email, just tracked it and found that message. I have heard of cases where it is stated that one is to go for medical examination but i do not know if this is the same info they get when they track the application....cos it says..."your processed passport". I just need to know if those who got a mediacl exam notification also see it as "your processed passport". or if this explicitly means they have reached a conclusion
I am sorry but in this regard I am not the person lying in this category because I didn't receive any change in the passport status! However, I had posted a thread on similiar lines if passport is returned upon a medical request from CIC and had received mixed replies. Anyway, I guess a member here on this forum, Ola1974 might be able to help you as he too applied from VFS Accra (if status change is country specific too) and had a similiar status. You might want to check with him!

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
I am sorry but in this regard I am not the person lying in this category because I didn't receive any change in the passport status! However, I had posted a thread on similiar lines if passport is returned upon a medical request from CIC and had received mixed replies. Anyway, I guess a member here on this forum, Ola1974 might be able to help you as he too applied from VFS Accra (if status change is country specific too) and had a similiar status. You might want to check with him!

Thanks again.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soapydarren said:
Please can anyone explain this to me? I had an application for a student's visa refused cos they didn't think i had strong family ties and thought i'd probably not return to my country after my study. (Nigeria). I reapplied on the 16th of June again and included my leave approval at work and also some other documents showing that i have investments here to return to. I had also left England to take up the employment and so would definitely return to the same job. Only want to study to improve and quicken my ascension at work. I haven't received any email and got this response: Visa application, tracking ID No.20140616GHANSTU01620– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/07/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website. No mention was made about medical and this is the exact message i received when my previous application was refused. I have read a lot of people receiving emails indicating medical requests and thought they'd inform me if mine were the same. But no mail and tracking shows this result. Is this a confirmation of refusal or is it possible to see this and still get a medical request with the returned passport? Thank you...
Hi friend, ur case is more of refusal than approval in 70:30 chances. The treatment of our applicatons in Accra is absurd & full of uncertainty. Infact I have never heard of any nigerian granted sp in this forum, except they decided to keep it to themselves. So it is difficult to say exactly the position but based on experience which u too claimed u had before u can imagne the outcome. When I was denied I have to re-apply online on July 9 & now await 2nd decision. Just go for ur pp & see what is in there. I wsh u well

Godismyhelper

Jul 28, 2014
Hmmmm I am really sorry about your previous application decision. If I may ask, what is your profile? and which country did you applied from?

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
Godismyhelper said:
Hmmmm I am really sorry about your previous application decision. If I may ask, what is your profile? and which country did you applied from?

Talking about my profile.....i really do not understand what you need me to include but here are a few basics:
I have a Bsc in Geology 2008
Compuslory vocational cert (service with govt) 2009.
Work experience in IT between 09-2011
Professional qualif and Prof graduate Diploma in IT and Strategic Management in London 2012/13.
Work experience as IT officer between 2013 and now

i intend to study GIS(geographic info systems) which is IT infused with geology at post graduate level and attached a letter of approval of my leave, stating clearly that i am to return to the job on completion of the prog. I also stated my intentions and purpose of study in the questionnaire and in a separate letter. I had supporting letters from dad and sister, indicating family ties, etc. cos that was the reason for the first refusal.

Now i have juist tracked and seen the status as dispatched but i didn't get any email and didn't get any notification of medical exam (which most people get in an email)/ I am assuming they didn't send an email but need to know if the status corresponds with anyone who has previously received a medical request...cos it sounds more like a final decision. "your processed passport"......is that the same status peop;e get when they receive medical exam notification?

Godismyhelper

Jul 28, 2014
Well I must confess to you. The probability that the decision is positive is very low since you have previously studied pgd in UK. I will advice you to apply for masters programm in IT field and your chances of getting visa is very high with your experience and qualifications. Goodluck!

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
Godismyhelper said:
Well I must confess to you. The probability that the decision is positive is very low since you have previously studied pgd in UK. I will advice you to apply for masters programm in IT field and your chances of getting visa is very high with your experience and qualifications. Goodluck!
Thanks....good point. But they're two different fields. The one in the UK was a Management course while this is a more practical and Technical one, also i have tried applying in Unis but the system for Geology is quite different. Professors select and inform the Admin dept. Getting a Supervisor isnt easy as they all have spaces filled up, despite acknowleding that the student is desirable. I have to be on queue for about 2years to get a slot...and i don't have the luxury of the time cos my work won't even allow that. Plus recommendations have it that the GIS in Fleming College is excellent and many University graduates do settle for it against the Msc route. All these were explained in the application. I can understand the point of wanting a higher qualification but after careful assessment and consideration of some factors, the choice was carefully selected...and well explained. It would be strange if that's the reason for a refusal, and like i mentioned....the first refusal was based on the thought that i didn't have strong family ties in my country, which i believe has nothing to do with the course or level of study.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
I think I support the issue pointed out by ola1974 regarding study permit in Accra. With my experience in Accra and the kind of notification you have received in your online status, I have no doubt that you have gotten another refusal. The tricky issue in Accra for study permit is to prove without any slightest doubt that you leave Canada after your intended studies.

soapydarren

Jul 28, 2014
pink1975 said:
I think I support the issue pointed out by ola1974 regarding study permit in Accra. With my experience in Accra and the kind of notification you have received in your online status, I have no doubt that you have gotten another refusal. The tricky issue in Accra for study permit is to prove without any slightest doubt that you leave Canada after your intended studies.
Thanks...I had and still have the same feelings too. Just needed to see if there's been anyone who understands the notification system. Apparently, it's hard to tell, i've seen someone who got a notification saying that his attention was urgently needed and that turned out to be a medical request. I've also seen one specifically stating that the passport was returned to be picked up for medical examination. I only wondered if getting a processed and dispatched passport could also have people in that category for meds. I am prepared for the worst....and if it's a second refusal, then it's a shamw that these Officers cannot look beyond their noses.

i believe i have shown more than enough evidence that i'd return, considering that i left UK with a valid visa until the end of this year to pick up my present employment, i showed my leave approval and also showed my investments here which i wouldn't leave behind for uncertainties over there. If they expect me to get married or have a baby to convince them of family ties, then they're mistaken...i'll do things at my own time. Funny that the few people i met during the entire application period all had faked documentation and were leaving to visit never to return....and some were a little obvious but they all got the visas, while legitimate and gebuine applicants suffer..the only gripe i'd have would be the setback in my plans at work. Thanks for the response. Whatever the case, i will know for sure by wednesday and will leave it for good if it's another refusal.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soapydarren said:
Thanks...I had and still have the same feelings too. Just needed to see if there's been anyone who understands the notification system. Apparently, it's hard to tell, i've seen someone who got a notification saying that his attention was urgently needed and that turned out to be a medical request. I've also seen one specifically stating that the passport was returned to be picked up for medical examination. I only wondered if getting a processed and dispatched passport could also have people in that category for meds. I am prepared for the worst....and if it's a second refusal, then it's a shamw that these Officers cannot look beyond their noses.

i believe i have shown more than enough evidence that i'd return, considering that i left UK with a valid visa until the end of this year to pick up my present employment, i showed my leave approval and also showed my investments here which i wouldn't leave behind for uncertainties over there. If they expect me to get married or have a baby to convince them of family ties, then they're mistaken...i'll do things at my own time. Funny that the few people i met during the entire application period all had faked documentation and were leaving to visit never to return....and some were a little obvious but they all got the visas, while legitimate and gebuine applicants suffer..the only gripe i'd have would be the setback in my plans at work. Thanks for the response. Whatever the case, i will know for sure by wednesday and will leave it for good if it's another refusal.
The apathy I notice in Accra CHC in treatment of nigerian applications caused me to do away with paper application on 2nd attempt hoping that it will not be treated in Accra (I assumed, but not sure). Pls my brother hope is not lost yet. Call for full report of refusal to prepare for Jan intake. We have members who got sp on 3rd attempt. You have good chances. But make it online application.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
Yeah Soapydarren, I can understand your displeasure about the kind of message you have gotten in your online status and its possible implication. But the truth is that Canada is a place for family connections and therefore people with relatives there find it easy to get to Canada with all kinds of documents be it fake or genuine. However international students have heavy burden to prove that they are genuine students. Another problem with study permit is that when you are refused do not rush to reapply because if you do then you will be rejected again. Remember in their rejection letter they always say do reapply only if your situation change substantively and I doubt whether 1, 2, 3, weeks or even a month interval for reapplication satisfies the word substantively.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
No ola1974 I do not think Accra rejections are aimed at only Nigerians. Remember CHC in Accra serve so many countries in the West Africa and my research shows that low rate of study permits issued affects all converging countries to Accra office. It's only serious hard work that will earn you study permit in Accra.