+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice To Appear, Interview via Microsoft Teams

domminick

May 12, 2015
You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a video session on Microsoft Teams.

I'm wondering if anyone
has more information on this. Via the invite it is not clear; and does not seem apparent that I am invited to take the citizenship test.
I have not been invited to take my citizenship test yet.

I'm a bit confused as I understand one has to do the citizenship test first and then the interview. Someone I know did receive a similar invite but for the citizenship test.

"

You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a video session on Microsoft Teams.

The date, time and details of your appointment are attached to this email.

Please read the attached invitation carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and to ensure you bring all required items listed in order to be eligible to participate in your citizenship test and/or interview. Please read and sign the attached consent form if you wish to attend this event.

If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at CIC-Edmonton-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address mentioned on your invitation. Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

On behalf of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we thank you and we look forward to meeting with you. "

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I'm wondering if anyone
has more information on this. Via the invite it is not clear; and does not seem apparent that I am invited to take the citizenship test.

I'm a bit confused as I understand one has to do the citizenship test first and then the interview. Someone I know did receive a similar invite but for the citizenship test.

"

Please read the attached invitation carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and to ensure you bring all required items listed in order to be eligible to participate in your citizenship test and/or interview. Please read and sign the attached consent form if you wish to attend this event.

If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at CIC-Edmonton-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address mentioned on your invitation. Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

On behalf of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we thank you and we look forward to meeting with you. "
Seems strange indeed... I had the impression that interview (if required) follows after the application have done their test...

But I think(but not limited to) they would like review info on your file wrt Temporary Work status (WP), travels (if any) during the eligibility period that you may have declared on your physical presence calculator.

domminick

May 12, 2015
Seems strange indeed... I had the impression that interview (if required) follows after the application have done their test...

But I think(but not limited to) they would like review info on your file wrt Temporary Work status (WP), travels (if any) during the eligibility period that you may have declared on your physical presence calculator.

I guess what I'm unsure about is should I be preparing for the test as the email says" bring all required items listed in order to be eligible to participate in your citizenship test and/or intervieview"

"You will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. You will also be asked to answer any concerns we may have about your application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship.
During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified, if applicable. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit"

there is no mention of test in the pdfs they sent though, so I imagine they won't be testing me at this time.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I guess what I'm unsure about is should I be preparing for the test as the email says" bring all required items listed in order to be eligible to participate in your citizenship test and/or intervieview"

"You will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. You will also be asked to answer any concerns we may have about your application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship.
During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified, if applicable. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit"

there is no mention of test in the pdfs they sent though, so I imagine they won't be testing me at this time.
Hi @domminick,

I recieved the same exact email during my first application and was asked to attend an interview after my citizenship test last year. This interview is most likely requested by the officer to assess your physical presence. Interviews are also requested to verify someone's language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions, although it seems that these days most applicants, especially online applicants, have these three fields marked as complete without having to attend an interview.

That said, I'm pretty sure you'll be asked to verify your physical presence calculator.

Reactions: BeerBeem and scylla

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

- Passport(s)(original and pdf (of all pages including blank/visa/biometric)), which were valid during the eligibility period
- PR card(s) (original and pdf) which were valid during the eligibility period
- CopR doc
- Physical presence calculator copy
- copy of travel itinerary/tickets (I know this will be tough one to arrange for all the trips)
- Language test copy(if provided one as part of the application)

domminick

May 12, 2015
like I said tough one to keep a track off tbh...
but also they're not asking for it. I'll use your advice and be as prepared as possible.

Hi @domminick,

I recieved the same exact email during my first application and was asked to attend an interview after my citizenship test last year. This interview is most likely requested by the officer to assess your physical presence. Interviews are also requested to verify someone's language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions, although it seems that these days most applicants, especially online applicants, have these three fields marked as complete without having to attend an interview.

That said, I'm pretty sure you'll be asked to verify your physical presence calculator.
great, thank you !

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I'm wondering if anyone

"

btw when is your interview ?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My interview is on next Thursday and I just found out I made a mistake on my physical presence by 1 day. Hope this won't be a big issue. Passport stamps are clear and hard to read so I miscalculated it by 1 day.

Ziad81

Oct 1, 2019
My interview is on next Thursday and I just found out I made a mistake on my physical presence by 1 day. Hope this won't be a big issue. Passport stamps are clear and hard to read so I miscalculated it by 1 day.
I have received the same notice, are you in Montréal?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
As long as you have enough buffer days then you dont need to worry.
I too had one day missed on day trip but no issues as they just want to make sure most are correct and we had minimum number of days. I didnt send any webform to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamlad

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hi guys
I had an interview yesterday and i met all the requirements to become a citizen. (1360 days) .
Its just my interviewer had a problem with one my trips that was long . And she said why have u been outside for such a long time ( eventhough i have my days in canada for the physical presence reqiremnt)
Then she said that she can not give me a date for ceremony yet because they are cery busy.
My interviwer said at the end that if she needs more info or docs she will call me. I asked if my interview went ok ? She said yes .
does this mean she will request RQ or should i be fine?
Also how long after interview does everything turns green for the tracker to update?
Any answers would be appriciated.
Sep 2019 ( scarbrough office )

Reactions: BeerBeem

Azars

Feb 11, 2022
Hi guys
I had an interview yesterday and i met all the requirements to become a citizen. (1360 days) .
Its just my interviewer had a problem with one my trips that was long . And she said why have u been outside for such a long time ( eventhough i have my days in canada for the physical presence reqiremnt)
Then she said that she can not give me a date for ceremony yet because they are cery busy.
My interviwer said at the end that if she needs more info or docs she will call me. I asked if my interview went ok ? She said yes .
does this mean she will request RQ or should i be fine?
Also how long after interview does everything turns green for the tracker to update?
Any answers would be appriciated.
Sep 2019 ( scarbrough office )
-How long you were out of Canada which was asked during interview as " Long time absence " ?
- For how many years, you are PR before applying for citizenship?
- Single or family case? too much travelling?
- Lost passport case or Gulf countries visa?