+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not paying USA credit card bills will have canada PR rejected?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ordinary said:
Not paying USA credit card bills will have canada PR rejected?
Seriously? CIC doesn't do a credit check, so you're good unless one of your creditors files criminal charges against you!

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
dobes said:
Seriously? CIC doesn't do a credit check, so you're good unless one of your creditors files criminal charges against you!
Thanks Dobes. Can bank of america file criminal charges for not paying credit card bills? I havent done any kind of fraud, its just credit card bills.

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
I don't think they can file criminal charges in any way. At the most they can do is to drag you to court for payment. In this scenario, there is a chance for criminal charges if you fail to appear in court/fail to meet court directives in case of judgement. Usually, they go to court either in the first one year of your default or before it reaches 7 years from default.

However, if you need a mortgage in Canada, they will ask you for your credit report from US (some banks asks for you to provide one/ some has direct access and will request you to provide authorization).

That being said, your negative credit report won't be carried here.

(Worked in ALM and risk reporting for 6+ years)

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
iliv4u4ever said:
I don't think they can file criminal charges in any way. At the most they can do is to drag you to court for payment. In this scenario, there is a chance for criminal charges if you fail to appear in court/fail to meet court directives in case of judgement. Usually, they go to court either in the first one year of your default or before it reaches 7 years from default.

However, if you need a mortgage in Canada, they will ask you for your credit report from US (some banks asks for you to provide one/ some has direct access and will request you to provide authorization).

That being said, your negative credit report won't be carried here.

(Worked in ALM and risk reporting for 6+ years)
As my FBI PCC is clear can i assume that there are no criminal charges against me for failing to appear in court?(Assuming that bank dragged me to court after i left USA)

Namaskar

Jul 4, 2021
As my FBI PCC is clear can i assume that there are no criminal charges against me for failing to appear in court?(Assuming that bank dragged me to court after i left USA)
did you face any issues from it and please le t me know