+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Funke

Oct 1, 2008
@ AR Thanks. Not sure about exact date of LOT, but when I called the lady said March 2014 and date on my test invite 4th November 2014

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Funke said:
@ AR Thanks. Not sure about exact date of LOT, but when I called the lady said March 2014 and date on my test invite 4th November 2014
Congratulations Funke!! Do you know when your e-case status has been updated?
Please keep us updated on how the interview and test go..
Good luck!!

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Funke said:
Assuming there is a queue in Calgary office, and it's based on the LOT date, those with LOT on March (like Marrie Ash and myself) might expect to receive the test invitation in November - early December. Will see if this conjecture will materialize...

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Its an assumption that the test invites are based on LOT, that still needs to be established. Also, keep holiday season in mind. Usually applicants are informed three weeks prior to their test dates, so we might not see any activity in early December.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Hey Guys.. Good timing:)

Good news, I have just checked my status online and I got citizenship test invitation next Friday.

I have sent my application last year August and LOT is April. You could see my timeline in the Calgary timeline list documentation.

I will keep updating. Thanks

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
What is 'LOT'? I've gone through the thread just maybe I'd find it, but I had no success.

last.fortune.last said:

Good news, I have just checked my status online and I got citizenship test invitation next Friday.

I have sent my application last year August and LOT is April. You could see my timeline in the Calgary timeline list documentation.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
last.fortune.last said:

Congrats. did you get the notice today? Weird how you only got a weeks notification.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?usp=sharing

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
My timeline is as follows:
We received you application on May 22, 2013
We sent you a letter and a study book.... May 22, 2013
We started processing your app on August 13, 2013.
I called CIC and found out that my file was moved to the local office in Calgary on 3rd March 2014. I am still waiting to hear from them about a test date. Calgary is miserably slow in scheduling a test date. Any idea when I might be invited to take the test.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
unhappydude said:
I called CIC and found out that my file was moved to the local office in Calgary on 3rd March 2014. I am still waiting to hear from them about a test date. Calgary is miserably slow in scheduling a test date. Any idea when I might be invited to take the test.
I guess some of us have to still wait endlessly. My file was transferred to Calgary on Jan 30th 2014; was orignally received March 2013 and started processing May 2013. I called CIC just now and got the standard reply that i still have to wait for my test invite and that background check might need to be redone.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last.fortune.last said:

So your LOT date is April 2014 and they are inviting you for test now, so thats about 7 month wait for the test?
Are you single or applying with family and why your LOT is too far away from the receipt date do you know. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear the good news

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
dreamchaser said:
I guess some of us have to still wait endlessly. My file was transferred to Calgary on Jan 30th 2014; was orignally received March 2013 and started processing May 2013. I called CIC just now and got the standard reply that i still have to wait for my test invite and that background check might need to be redone.
Dreamchaser, I think your background checks might have expired. Next time when you call ask them if they are valid. Shooze and Texan might be in the same situation.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
unhappydude said:
You should be getting a test invite soon. When did you call CIC? Also ask them if you background checks are expired or not.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
civic said:
So your LOT date is April 2014 and they are inviting you for test now, so thats about 7 month wait for the test?
Are you single or applying with family and why your LOT is too far away from the receipt date do you know. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear the good news
By the looks of it, LOT doesn't matter. It seems as if they use application received and in process dates as benchmarks.