+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
shozee said:
Nooooo........it will take 24 months to complete now, means in April next year.
I'm super frustrated with this delay.

On another note, my wife applied in Nov 2013 which is 6 months after my application date. CIC started processing her file on Feb 9, 2014 where as my file was transferred to Calgary on Feb 10, 2014. Is there a possibility that CIC will process our files togather as her ECAS status shows that they started processing her file on Feb 9, 2014 where as my file was transferred to Calgary in feb 10, 2014?

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Well, I am aiming for the worst outcome of Calgary Office and by that I will not be disappointed at all if they do it earlier.

Jay_

Oct 8, 2014
Hi All,

I have been following this forum for some time now and wanted to thank all those who have made meaningful contributions. It definitely gave an idea about what's going on and possible months for next steps – if nothing; it surely helped with passing this time ;)

I applied Nov 07, 2013, starting processing Jan 31, 2014, file transferred to Calgary March 31, 2014 and am since waiting for a test invite.

Furthermore, there is an event at the Central Library on coming Dec 8 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. - looks similar to the one we had in the recent past where they expalin the Citizenship process.

Good Luck to All!

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Jay_ said:
Hi All,

I have been following this forum for some time now and wanted to thank all those who have made meaningful contributions. It definitely gave an idea about what's going on and possible months for next steps – if nothing; it surely helped with passing this time ;)

I applied Nov 07, 2013, starting processing Jan 31, 2014, file transferred to Calgary March 31, 2014 and am since waiting for a test invite.

Furthermore, there is an event at the Central Library on coming Dec 8 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. - looks similar to the one we had in the recent past where they expalin the Citizenship process.

Good Luck to All!
Thanks for the update Jay.
Again, they should do something to streamline the citizenship applications rather than wasting funds on explaining citizenship process. I think 90% of people are internet savvy and know how to apply and this forum Canada Visa is more helpful than CIC website itself.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
CIC Surrey office was one of the slowest it has also tookover CIC Calgary, November 2013 applicants in CIC Surrey have already got test invites. This leaves Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatoon as the slowest CIC offices in Canada.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_aussie said:
CIC Surrey office was one of the slowest it has also tookover CIC Calgary, November 2013 applicants in CIC Surrey have already got test invites. This leaves Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatoon as the slowest CIC offices in Canada.
they will be on vacation maybe as after December 18 the next oath ceremony will be January 8,2015 :-\

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
a.R. said:
So I guess all of us will be getting a test notice in Jan. By now all of dec should've been booked.
I agree with you that December should be booked already by now.
thx,

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
I am trying to check status on ecas but it is not working since morning.

My LOT was on 8th March 2014 so I am hoping something will come this month or next. Am I expecting wrong?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al and Calcan, keep us posted. I'll be updating everyone on a regular basis. Us guys should be hearing soon.

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
a.R. said:
wsm_al and Calcan, keep us posted. I'll be updating everyone on a regular basis. Us guys should be hearing soon.
a.R I am also March 2014 LOT I am optimistic that I would be invited for the test this month or early next month. Maybe I even get my oath ceremony on same day as test (wishful thinking) as this has been a long and miserable wait. I have tried calling CIC since the start of this week but can't connect at all. Any news from your end a.R. Happy holidays

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
a.R. said:
will keep you updated. it has been a long wait for all of us. Hope all of us get tests and oath very soon :)

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
unhappydude said:
a.R I am also March 2014 LOT I am optimistic that I would be invited for the test this month or early next month. Maybe I even get my oath ceremony on same day as test (wishful thinking) as this has been a long and miserable wait. I have tried calling CIC since the start of this week but can't connect at all. Any news from your end a.R. Happy holidays
Nothing on my end.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine who applied it in Oct, 2013 and is going to have the test next Wednesday.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
batmann said:
A friend of mine who applied it in Oct, 2013 and is going to have the test next Wednesday.
Really??? First of all, congratulations to your friend!!! Second, we applied in Aug 2013 and we have no test yet :( . I don't know how cic is dealing with processing the applications .
Please let us know how his test and interview go..
Thx