+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
Had my test today, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 10:30, but people have been lining up since 10:00, that's when I went there. But it could be possible some people came even an hour earlier!!! :eek: There were 20 to 30 people for this test session. I bet most of them do not give a hoot about our forums and never even visited these sites. They were very typical applicants who never accessed a "support group" like ours.

2. For fellow Calgarians, here's a tip. The notice says the suite # is 221 in Hary Hay's building. But you will have to go to suite # 210 in the Hary Hay's building. If it is any help, it is next to the small restaurant in the second floor. If you use the escalators, it is on your right hand side as soon as you climb up, past the "front-desk" kind of setup.

3. For calgary it seems like the document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done.

4. Interview was smooth. Interviewer was very nice. For some family that had toddlers along, she even offered to have the couples take the test 1 at a time in the morning and afternoon. Quite a bit of standing invovled, was difficult for someone like me who have back problems. The big pictures of citizens from the past centuries hanged up in the walls on the foyer kept me engaged oblivious of the pain every now and then. When we all were done and have to start the test, it was an hour later than the scheduled time at which we were supposed to write the test.

5. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 20 minutes to hand over my test. Got 20/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

6. I was let known about my score right there. Then I left.

Now the wait is for oath. Hopefully it happens faster.
thanks for sharing!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
The instruction screens said the oath notice will be sent in 1 to 3 months. The interview was brief. the interviewer said she would start with the test notification which she used as a reference to pull out my file. She asked if my Id has my current address, I said no. We had some quips about not having it changed. She then verified my travels outside of Canada which was only 2 trips so far. That was easy for her. Then the chat moved on to my job, I let her know what job I am in. Seems like she knows quite a bit about my line of work, she was asking about my final goal and when I plan to do it. She then handed me the answer sheet, explained the to-do's and asked me to proceed inside. While I was moving another reference to my job saying this test is not as difficult as my professional exams. I agreed saying Im hopeful and moved on.

There is a passive scrutiny about jobs. A truck driver with not so proper English before me was further scrutinized about his route and working schedule. For any applicant waiting for test, my suggestion is to have a job that is your source of income for a decent period of time. Hopefully I get the oath done ASAP.
i think u put what u exactly do for a living on the application, right? i dont think its a red flag if u change change once or twice during the past 3 years. i does take time for a new immigrant to settle new life in canada after landing

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Had my test yesterday, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 08:00, lined up at 7.30. Arounf 30 people were there

2. Document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done. Officer just checked PR,Landing Doc, Passport & asked what do you do for living.

3. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 15minutes to hand over my test. Got 19/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

Now the wait is for oath. They says it will be between 1-3 months.

thanks

Mielikki

Aug 19, 2014
Could you please add me to the Calgary office statistic?
here is my timeline:
1)Application sent on September 27, 2013 (single)
2) Application received on Oct 1, 2013
3) Start processing Jan 10, 2014
4) Received line disappear on March 25, 2014
4 days ago I called to CIC and very kind gent says to me that file is in Calgary, and I'm waiting in line for the test notify to be sent!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Processing times continue the speedy trend ! Latest update from CIC website . It appears that the decision making process would definitely further improve the timelines especially for offices like Calgary as mentioned below .

Read below ..

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=877369

"Recent changes to the Citizenship Act, which received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014, will allow for further improvements to the efficiency of the Citizenship program. The new streamlined decision-making process and other changes to the Citizenship Act are expected to bring the processing time for citizenship applications down to under one year, reduce the citizenship application backlog by more than 80 percent and achieve a working inventory of applications in fiscal year 2015-2016"

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Mielikki - added your time line to the excel sheet. You can call CIC and get the Local Office transfer date.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
informatics said:
Processing times continue the speedy trend ! Latest update from CIC website . It appears that the decision making process would definitely further improve the timelines especially for offices like Calgary as mentioned below .

Read below ..

"Recent changes to the Citizenship Act, which received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014, will allow for further improvements to the efficiency of the Citizenship program. The new streamlined decision-making process and other changes to the Citizenship Act are expected to bring the processing time for citizenship applications down to under one year, reduce the citizenship application backlog by more than 80 percent and achieve a working inventory of applications in fiscal year 2015-2016"

I hope that Calgary office reduces it processing time. It is too slow so far.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If everything is okay with your file, CIC would issue oath letter within two weeks. no worries, you can vote in 2015. ;D

SuperCitizen said:
Had my test yesterday, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 08:00, lined up at 7.30. Arounf 30 people were there

2. Document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done. Officer just checked PR,Landing Doc, Passport & asked what do you do for living.

3. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 15minutes to hand over my test. Got 19/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

Now the wait is for oath. They says it will be between 1-3 months.

thanks

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
150,000th new citizen of 2014!!! Maybe 20 from Calgary? ???

informatics said:

Read below ..

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
I called CIC today regarding the status of my application. The agent said background check are completed and now your application is in your local office waiting for the test invite. Your local office has 24 months processing in total so just wait till you hear from them.
Apparently, the new program implementation is not speeding the process in Calgary.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. The timeline from application to test date for YYC is circa 16-18 months.

2. The timeline from test date to oath at YYC is being quoted by CIC at test as 1-3 months.

CJ is only involved in stage 2 for routine applications so the CJ not being involved anymore as per changes on August 1, 2014 will shave say 2 months off the total timeline. The CJ issue is a red herring...YYC needs more case officers period so step 1 above which is where the delay really is can be 6-8 months like most of the GTA!
Think Masfiri is right. Calgary needs to decrease step 1. Don't know how much of an impact this ruling regarding case officers making the decision will have.