+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello ,

I am going to be another applicant of Calgary office very soon .Could anyone advise me about my following question ?

We immigrated to Canada as a family in September 2011.Before that we were living in KSA (not our home country).I took my kids school leaving certificate from KSA school in July 2011 ,however we came to Canada in mid Sept. 2011 only .My kids were admitted to a local Public school in Oct. 2011. So for around 2 months they were not enrolled in any school anywhere.While completing Q#6(G) , should I cover this gap of 2 months period by mentioning "waiting for admission " etc or just mention the details of the schools attended by my kids during the last 4 years in KSA & Canada

Thanks

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test today, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 10:30, but people have been lining up since 10:00, that's when I went there. But it could be possible some people came even an hour earlier!!! :eek: There were 20 to 30 people for this test session. I bet most of them do not give a hoot about our forums and never even visited these sites. They were very typical applicants who never accessed a "support group" like ours.

2. For fellow Calgarians, here's a tip. The notice says the suite # is 221 in Hary Hay's building. But you will have to go to suite # 210 in the Hary Hay's building. If it is any help, it is next to the small restaurant in the second floor. If you use the escalators, it is on your right hand side as soon as you climb up, past the "front-desk" kind of setup.

3. For calgary it seems like the document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done.

4. Interview was smooth. Interviewer was very nice. For some family that had toddlers along, she even offered to have the couples take the test 1 at a time in the morning and afternoon. Quite a bit of standing invovled, was difficult for someone like me who have back problems. The big pictures of citizens from the past centuries hanged up in the walls on the foyer kept me engaged oblivious of the pain every now and then. When we all were done and have to start the test, it was an hour later than the scheduled time at which we were supposed to write the test.

5. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 20 minutes to hand over my test. Got 20/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

6. I was let known about my score right there. Then I left.

Now the wait is for oath. Hopefully it happens faster.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
CanuckForEver said:
Had my test today, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 10:30, but people have been lining up since 10:00, that's when I went there. But it could be possible some people came even an hour earlier!!! :eek: There were 20 to 30 people for this test session. I bet most of them do not give a hoot about our forums and never even visited these sites. They were very typical applicants who never accessed a "support group" like ours.

2. For fellow Calgarians, here's a tip. The notice says the suite # is 221 in Hary Hay's building. But you will have to go to suite # 210 in the Hary Hay's building. If it is any help, it is next to the small restaurant in the second floor. If you use the escalators, it is on your right hand side as soon as you climb up, past the "front-desk" kind of setup.

3. For calgary it seems like the document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done.

4. Interview was smooth. Interviewer was very nice. For some family that had toddlers along, she even offered to have the couples take the test 1 at a time in the morning and afternoon. Quite a bit of standing invovled, was difficult for someone like me who have back problems. The big pictures of citizens from the past centuries hanged up in the walls on the foyer kept me engaged oblivious of the pain every now and then. When we all were done and have to start the test, it was an hour later than the scheduled time at which we were supposed to write the test.

5. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 20 minutes to hand over my test. Got 20/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

6. I was let known about my score right there. Then I left.

Now the wait is for oath. Hopefully it happens faster.
congratulations and thank you for the tips! were you told when the oath is expected? if you don't mind telling us some details about the interview. what you were asked and did you have to provide any documents?
thanks,

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
HHH2000 said:
Waiting for Admission Sound better, tick No school.
Thank you so much for your input . However, I would welcome any other advice as well especially from a senior applicant in the similar sutuation.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
congratulations and thank you for the tips! were you told when the oath is expected? if you don't mind telling us some details about the interview. what you were asked and did you have to provide any documents?
thanks,
The instruction screens said the oath notice will be sent in 1 to 3 months. The interview was brief. the interviewer said she would start with the test notification which she used as a reference to pull out my file. She asked if my Id has my current address, I said no. We had some quips about not having it changed. She then verified my travels outside of Canada which was only 2 trips so far. That was easy for her. Then the chat moved on to my job, I let her know what job I am in. Seems like she knows quite a bit about my line of work, she was asking about my final goal and when I plan to do it. She then handed me the answer sheet, explained the to-do's and asked me to proceed inside. While I was moving another reference to my job saying this test is not as difficult as my professional exams. I agreed saying Im hopeful and moved on.

There is a passive scrutiny about jobs. A truck driver with not so proper English before me was further scrutinized about his route and working schedule. For any applicant waiting for test, my suggestion is to have a job that is your source of income for a decent period of time. Hopefully I get the oath done ASAP.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
CanuckForEver said:
The instruction screens said the oath notice will be sent in 1 to 3 months. The interview was brief. the interviewer said she would start with the test notification which she used as a reference to pull out my file. She asked if my Id has my current address, I said no. We had some quips about not having it changed. She then verified my travels outside of Canada which was only 2 trips so far. That was easy for her. Then the chat moved on to my job, I let her know what job I am in. Seems like she knows quite a bit about my line of work, she was asking about my final goal and when I plan to do it. She then handed me the answer sheet, explained the to-do's and asked me to proceed inside. While I was moving another reference to my job saying this test is not as difficult as my professional exams. I agreed saying Im hopeful and moved on.

There is a passive scrutiny about jobs. A truck driver with not so proper English before me was further scrutinized about his route and working schedule. For any applicant waiting for test, my suggestion is to have a job that is your source of income for a decent period of time. Hopefully I get the oath done ASAP.
Thank you for the details! I hope you get the oath very soon!!

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
AlexRox said:
Guys,
Someone else has initiated a petition to address processing delays in the west, however I guess the right target would have been the Hon. Minister.
Here is the link :

www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/naheed-nenshi-mayor-of-calgary-adopt-a-one-line-processing-standards-so-applicants-from-all-across-canada-will-be-processed-on-first-come-first-served-basis

Thanks
I think we should raise petition addressing Minister Immigration, local MPs and CIC, not Mayors, as it would take long time to impact anyway on CIC. Conservative MPs are back in office and little embarrass about the C-24, as they were not able to do anything since they were puppet there against the bill/ Party. Anyway, they might like to listen to people take their complain to minister more efficiently as compare to Mayor(s).

weneedchanges

Aug 15, 2014
HHH2000 said:
I think we should raise petition addressing Minister Immigration, local MPs and CIC, not Mayors, as it would take long time to impact anyway on CIC. Conservative MPs are back in office and little embarrass about the C-24, as they were not able to do anything since they were puppet there against the bill/ Party. Anyway, they might like to listen to people take their complain to minister more efficiently as compare to Mayor(s).
Edited to address to Chris Alexander
Please support!

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
ECAS hasnt updated but just randomly happened to call them today to see whats up?

And the agent told me that my oath is scheduled for the 26th of September.
Havent got the letter in the mail and my ecas hasnt updated.

Cheers Guys !
Good luck !