+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS Waiting for Medical Request after BIO ######## Gather here ########

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi again.

My sister's still waiting for medicals after submitting biometrics on Jan 22. She received a notification from the college stating she must pay the full semester before Jun 15 to reserve her spot for Fall intake. What could happen if she pays and later her SP is denied? Her program is being offered online. If she starts online and she later is denied, could she keep studying online even if she won't get a PGWP later?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hi again.

My sister's still waiting for medicals after submitting biometrics on Jan 22. She received a notification from the college stating she must pay the full semester before Jun 15 to reserve her spot for Fall intake. What could happen if she pays and later her SP is denied? Her program is being offered online. If she starts online and she later is denied, could she keep studying online even if she won't get a PGWP later?
Colleges should offer refunds minus a small fee if the student's SP is denied.

Reactions: andrews17

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hi again.

Hi! same boat, College refunds the money you have paid, as long as you can prove that the visa was denied. about the studies its all up to her, but she will not get the PGWP with online program. In my case I raised a webform today asking about my application status, now I'm waiting a few days and see if they answer me.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi! same boat, College refunds the money you have paid, as long as you can prove that the visa was denied. about the studies its all up to her, but she will not get the PGWP with online program. In my case I raised a webform today asking about my application status, now I'm waiting a few days and see if they answer me.
I guess webform is the way. Thanks for the advice.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
What if the classes start and she still hasn't received approval? If she starts and gets visa denied later, would she still get refund?
Different colleges have different policies. Best is if you contact the college regarding this. On a side note -- you should receive a decision by Aug 6 for fall 2021 intake as per website.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What if the classes start and she still hasn't received approval? If she starts and gets visa denied later, would she still get refund?
I would advice not to start studies before approval if your sisters intention is to study and immigrate. About refund, she should read school refund policy

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Different colleges have different policies. Best is if you contact the college regarding this. On a side note -- you should receive a decision by Aug 6 for fall 2021 intake as per website.
Yeah, that's the timeline they stated, but it's been 16 weeks since the last update.