+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS Waiting for Medical Request after BIO ######## Gather here ########

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
I am regularly following them on Twitter, they are doing pretty good service. That is why I have raised it. Even today, I have seen one person asked why his Upfront medical was not updated after a week of his application. IRCC answered very respectively. ;)
Lets hope that they answer for medical request too

Reactions: swarapriyan

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
I dont think thats a good idea my friend, most of all applicants for fall intake are all pending right now and the website already instructed that a complete application until may 15 will get final decision on august.
I know, I have a complete application but I am just worried what if I miss the 6th August date of decision if they dont send me a medical request soon! Thats why I asked if showing them proof that my university is requiring in-person presence would make a difference or not.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I know, I have a complete application but I am just worried what if I miss the 6th August date of decision if they dont send me a medical request soon! Thats why I asked if showing them proof that my university is requiring in-person presence would make a difference or not.
they update medicals quickly after medical request. upfront medicals take up to 14 days to process. they stated in their websites that medicals will take time as they have bunch of backlogs. it's just waiting game. this year is rough for everyone. even approval rate went down to 50% when it was 70 in 2018/2019

Reactions: AB25

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Look at my timeline, Im also waiting for a medical request update ^^

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
they update medicals quickly after medical request. upfront medicals take up to 14 days to process. they stated in their websites that medicals will take time as they have bunch of backlogs. it's just waiting game. this year is rough for everyone. even approval rate went down to 50% when it was 70 in 2018/2019
Exactly, im still waiting for medical request. But its your choice if you want to do an upfront medical. Like fritchou said

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Exactly, im still waiting for medical request. But its your choice if you want to do an upfront medical. Like fritchou said
I do like the idea of an upfront medical but at the same time I am worried for it as well, thinking if submitting it through webform without IRCC's consent would create a negative impact! I think I will wait and keep checking in with you guys.

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
I do like the idea of an upfront medical but at the same time I am worried for it as well, thinking if submitting it through webform without IRCC's consent would create a negative impact! I think I will wait and keep checking in with you guys.
Same on what I think, thats why I just decided to go with the process and patiently wait for updates. Meaning checking emails and gckey from time to time, thats all I can do for now. ^^

nightshadow

Apr 30, 2021
Ethiopia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi (for Ethiopia)
App. Filed.......
19-04-2021
I'm waiting for medical request too. We have similar timelines more or less. But I got a ghost update that said "Application/profile updated" and then changed back to "submitted"

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
I'm waiting for medical request too. We have similar timelines more or less. But I got a ghost update that said "Application/profile updated" and then changed back to "submitted"
Even I got a ghost update on 7th May but nothing had/has changed since then. Last update biometric done 2nd April.

nightshadow

Apr 30, 2021
Ethiopia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi (for Ethiopia)
App. Filed.......
19-04-2021
Even I got a ghost update on 7th May but nothing had/has changed since then. Last update biometric done 2nd April.
not really. It was "we are reviewing ur eligibility..." right when I submitted my application

Anonymous_can248

May 11, 2021
I submitted my application on 8th April for a study permit as I am enrolled to do a Master's. I haven't heard back since. It is a Non SDS and my biometric got updated on 13th.

However, I didnt submit an SOP as it was optional. I thought my profile would be fine. However after reading alot on this forum, I feel I should have. Is there any way that I can add it to my profile now? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Background - I got a scholarship for master's in my field with 5 years work ex in India.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
I submitted my application on 8th April for a study permit as I am enrolled to do a Master's. I haven't heard back since. It is a Non SDS and my biometric got updated on 13th.

However, I didnt submit an SOP as it was optional. I thought my profile would be fine. However after reading alot on this forum, I feel I should have. Is there any way that I can add it to my profile now? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Background - I got a scholarship for master's in my field with 5 years work ex in India.
You can make one and then submit it through webform.