+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Pri@2299

Jun 6, 2024
Hello Guys ,

I'm filling up my pr file for non express ,

i have done a bachelor's from india and did post graduate here in canada from conestoga,

what do i write in highest leved of education in form IMM0008?

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
Hi, I have a question. Anyone know someone who successfully get the PR after going through the comprehensive security check. How long did he or she take to pass the comprehensive security check? Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I have a question. Anyone know someone who successfully get the PR after going through the comprehensive security check. How long did he or she take to pass the comprehensive security check? Thanks.
4. How much time does it take to complete security screening?
As per the Security Screening Process manual the service delivery standard for screening permanent resident application within which 80% of the applications are processed is 110 Calendar days.

For some permanent resident applicants, the security screening takes a very long time to complete making them wonder if there is anything missing or concerning about their application. Most likely even you might have landed on this post looking for answers on why your security screening was taking this long. The last public statistics that is available on the processing of security screening is from the governor general fall 2011 audit. This audit talks about an agreement between IRCC and CBSA from 2006 which indicates CBSA can take 9-18 months (part 2-51 to 2055). There is no statistics since then. The relevant part of the audit report states:

2.51 Timeliness of security screening.We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.
2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.
2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.
2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.
2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
4. How much time does it take to complete security screening?
As per the Security Screening Process manual the service delivery standard for screening permanent resident application within which 80% of the applications are processed is 110 Calendar days.

For some permanent resident applicants, the security screening takes a very long time to complete making them wonder if there is anything missing or concerning about their application. Most likely even you might have landed on this post looking for answers on why your security screening was taking this long. The last public statistics that is available on the processing of security screening is from the governor general fall 2011 audit. This audit talks about an agreement between IRCC and CBSA from 2006 which indicates CBSA can take 9-18 months (part 2-51 to 2055). There is no statistics since then. The relevant part of the audit report states:
Thanks Miss Bee. I did read this article, but the statistic is old data. I do want to know a real case recently. Do you know anyone? Or do you have any advice? Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks Miss Bee. I did read this article, but the statistic is old data. I do want to know a real case recently. Do you know anyone? Or do you have any advice? Thanks.
This article is still in affect. Comprehensive security can take 1 months to few years if you are unlucky.

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
This article is still in affect. Comprehensive security can take 1 months to few years if you are unlucky.
Thanks Miss Bee. CBSA and GCMS note revealed that the status is Security screening - in progress by CBSA. The created date and the updated date is different. So, the checking should be started on Created date or Updated date? Thanks.

nkkkk1

Jun 27, 2024
Hi @Miss bee I used to check my status through the automated service of IRCC cuz my application linked to agent’s acc. But today they are directly transferring my call to an agent. Can someone please help me with this? I’m really tensed now

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks Miss Bee. CBSA and GCMS note revealed that the status is Security screening - in progress by CBSA. The created date and the updated date is different. So, the checking should be started on Created date or Updated date? Thanks.
Created is when i was started. Updated means someone worked on your application on that oart after starting that assessment. So always look for Updated part .

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi @Miss bee I used to check my status through the automated service of IRCC cuz my application linked to agent’s acc. But today they are directly transferring my call to an agent. Can someone please help me with this? I’m really tensed now
Nothing to worry about. Your application is still in process. Sometimes it happens due to technical issues or glitches. Don’t worry about it. If it’s transferring you to agent , talk to them and know your application status.

velnetik

Jun 27, 2024
Those who applied in October - November 2023 tiemframe with Feb AOR, have you passed criminality? it seems odd that so many people are stuck in it.

Nataly_

Star Member
Sep 27, 2023
Those who applied in October - November 2023 tiemframe with Feb AOR, have you passed criminality? it seems odd that so many people are stuck in it.
Yes, it feels unfair people form 2024 already received their cards, but who applied in 2023 still waiting. What offices do you have?