+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-accompanying dependent (non custody)

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
No they do not. However we explained that they have not been in physical contact for almost 4 years
oh okay well I think you should be fine! Our issue is that my husband has a court order so we have to go and get them done. I saw someone’s application get refused because they had a court order and couldn’t get it done. It’ll cause some delays for us for sure. Could you update the thread on your result? Best of luck!!!

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
oh okay well I think you should be fine! Our issue is that my husband has a court order so we have to go and get them done. I saw someone’s application get refused because they had a court order and couldn’t get it done. It’ll cause some delays for us for sure. Could you update the thread on your result? Best of luck!!!
Thank you same to you!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-to-waive-medical-exam-for-non-accompanying-dependent.306158/page-6
I found this thread helpful, take a look through

keithj

Sep 3, 2024
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke/Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-02-2024
AOR Received.
05-02-1984
Med's Request
21-05-2024
Med's Done....
22-05-2024
I am also in a similar situation.
IRCC requested Non-accompanying dependent medical on July 22, 2024, with the email they have attached a statutory self-declaration pdf.
I submitted a statutory self-declaration and an affidavit (both notarized) to IRCC on July 24, 2024.
Additional Info: Also submitted a divorce decree in which full custody of my daughter is with my ex-wife.
There has been no update so far. Aor: Feb 5th.
Only security is pending which has not started (IRCC agent)
Talked to my agent and he said that he would ask IRCC for an update in mid-September. And order GCMS notes at the same time.
Does anybody with a similar situation have any updates?

Last edited:

keithj

Sep 3, 2024
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke/Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-02-2024
AOR Received.
05-02-1984
Med's Request
21-05-2024
Med's Done....
22-05-2024
No they do not. However we explained that they have not been in physical contact for almost 4 years
Did you get any update on your application?

keithj

Sep 3, 2024
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke/Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-02-2024
AOR Received.
05-02-1984
Med's Request
21-05-2024
Med's Done....
22-05-2024
Received Prearrival July 19. GCMS notes mentioned they are looking exemption for NAD medical under policy R117(9)(d)
Did they provide you with NAD letter for you to sign and submit to MYCIC account? Asking because they send me this letter in the email for me to sign and submit, Which I did on July 24

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
I am also in a similar situation.
IRCC requested Non-accompanying dependent medical on July 22, 2024, with the email they have attached a statutory self-declaration pdf.
I submitted a statutory self-declaration and an affidavit (both notarized) to IRCC on July 24, 2024.
Additional Info: Also submitted a divorce decree in which full custody of my daughter is with my ex-wife.
There has been no update so far. Aor: Feb 5th.
Only security is pending which has not started (IRCC agent)
Talked to my agent and he said that he would ask IRCC for an update in mid-September. And order GCMS notes at the same time.
Does anybody with a similar situation have any updates?
No they have not. They have not requested anything of me related to the NAD, since our intial explanation letter and proofs in Feb 2024