+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for Proprietor of Trucking Company having experience in Web Development

nileshagarwal

Jun 28, 2023
I am a Proprietor of a trucking company for the past 6 years. It's a humble organisation where I have to handle everything from sales, operations, accounts and even tech. I have experience of developing website, functional web application using angular and django, making the web app live and maintaining the web app. Does this qualify me to use NOC code of 21234 used by web developers? Will the experience letter issued by the company of which I'm the proprietor count? My education is BE mechanical. Will this complicate the matter further?

I also have been a co-founder of a start-up in logistics where I've had experience of web development as well. The startup was operational for 1 year. This company was a partnership company where I was one of the partner. Will this experience count towards using NOC code of 21234? This company is not currently operational and I've never had any salary from this company, if that is a requirement.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am a Proprietor of a trucking company for the past 6 years. It's a humble organisation where I have to handle everything from sales, operations, accounts and even tech. I have experience of developing website, functional web application using angular and django, making the web app live and maintaining the web app. Does this qualify me to use NOC code of 21234 used by web developers? Will the experience letter issued by the company of which I'm the proprietor count? My education is BE mechanical. Will this complicate the matter further?

I also have been a co-founder of a start-up in logistics where I've had experience of web development as well. The startup was operational for 1 year. This company was a partnership company where I was one of the partner. Will this experience count towards using NOC code of 21234? This company is not currently operational and I've never had any salary from this company, if that is a requirement.
Whichever way you want to look at, your primary NOC code isn't 21234. You run a trucking company, your main responsibilities aren't web development. You would be faking your NOC code if you say you belong to 21234.

nileshagarwal

Jun 28, 2023
Is it still faking if I have more than the required 1 year of experience in the NOC code? And although there were other duties as well, I have indeed handled majority of the responsibilities mentioned in the NOC code's main duties. As I understood, the point of NOC code is to have the required amount of experience in the chosen code. I'm genuinely curious and do not want to end up doing something illegal.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is it still faking if I have more than the required 1 year of experience in the NOC code? And although there were other duties as well, I have indeed handled majority of the responsibilities mentioned in the NOC code's main duties. As I understood, the point of NOC code is to have the required amount of experience in the chosen code. I'm genuinely curious and do not want to end up doing something illegal.
If you actually meet the 1 year criteria and worked as a web developer, then you qualify.

nileshagarwal

Jun 28, 2023
How to prove my experience though? Given that I myself am the proprietor of the business that I developed web applications for, won't the experience letter seem fake and hence get rejected? Its not that I have any clients that are paying me for web development services. So, I won't have any bank statements to prove my experience either. I guess only due to this reason, I may have to select the NOC code for "senior manager - transportation" instead of "web developer".

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
How to prove my experience though? Given that I myself am the proprietor of the business that I developed web applications for, won't the experience letter seem fake and hence get rejected? Its not that I have any clients that are paying me for web development services. So, I won't have any bank statements to prove my experience either. I guess only due to this reason, I may have to select the NOC code for "senior manager - transportation" instead of "web developer".
There are plenty of examples here of cases like these (company was closed) and people use some or all from:
1. Showcasing a contract/partnership agreement
2. Email conversations
3. Reference letters from ex-colleagues
4. Business cards
5. Reports of any kind (e.g. taxes filled, even if it was a nil return)
6. Investments made into the start (since you were a partner)

And so on.

What is it that you can show? It is about the entirety of evidence that you actually worked as the claimed NOC code that will decide whether you'll be eligible or not.

Given the massive amount of NOC code fraud we are going to see (faking NOCs for category specific draws), expect higher scrutiny.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I understand your concern. It can be difficult to prove your experience if you are self-employed. However, there are a few things you can do.
  • Get a letter of reference from a client or colleague. This letter should be from someone who can attest to your skills and experience as a web developer.
  • Create a portfolio of your work. This portfolio should include links to your web applications, as well as any other relevant work you have done.
  • Take an online course or certification program. This will help to demonstrate your commitment to your profession and your knowledge of the latest web development technologies.
If you are still having trouble proving your experience, you may want to consider selecting a different NOC code. The NOC code for "senior manager - transportation" is a good option if you have experience in managing a team of web developers or in overseeing the development of web applications.
Here are some additional tips for proving your experience as a self-employed web developer:
  • Keep detailed records of your work. This includes things like your work orders, invoices, and any other documentation that shows that you have been providing web development services.
  • Be prepared to answer questions about your experience. Immigration officers will likely ask you questions about your work, so be prepared to discuss your projects, your clients, and your responsibilities.
  • Be confident in your abilities. Immigration officers will be looking for evidence that you are a skilled web developer. If you are confident in your abilities, it will show.
I hope this helps!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
That's not right.
There are many ways to demonstrate your commitment to your profession and your knowledge of the latest web development technologies. Taking an online course or certification program is just one option.

Here are some other things you can do:
  • Contribute to open source projects. This is a great way to show that you are actively involved in the web development community and that you are willing to share your knowledge with others.
  • Start a blog or write articles about web development. This is a great way to share your knowledge with others and to build your reputation as an expert in the field.
  • Attend conferences and meetups. This is a great way to network with other web developers and to learn about the latest trends in the industry.
  • Build your own web applications. This is the best way to demonstrate your skills and to show that you can apply your knowledge to real-world projects.
The most important thing is to find ways to demonstrate your skills and your knowledge in a way that is relevant to your career goals.

I hope this helps!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are many ways to demonstrate your commitment to your profession and your knowledge of the latest web development technologies. Taking an online course or certification program is just one option.

Here are some other things you can do:
  • Contribute to open source projects. This is a great way to show that you are actively involved in the web development community and that you are willing to share your knowledge with others.
  • Start a blog or write articles about web development. This is a great way to share your knowledge with others and to build your reputation as an expert in the field.
  • Attend conferences and meetups. This is a great way to network with other web developers and to learn about the latest trends in the industry.
  • Build your own web applications. This is the best way to demonstrate your skills and to show that you can apply your knowledge to real-world projects.
The most important thing is to find ways to demonstrate your skills and your knowledge in a way that is relevant to your career goals.

I hope this helps!
OP is asking about proving work experience. None of these things prove work experience.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
OP is asking about proving work experience. None of these things prove work experience.
If OP is looking to prove their work experience for immigration purposes, they will need to provide documentation that shows their employment history. This could include things like:
  • Letters of employment from previous employers. These letters should state the dates of employment, the position held, and the duties performed.
  • Pay stubs or other proof of income. This documentation can show how much OP was paid and how long they were employed.
  • Tax returns. Tax returns can show how much income OP earned and how much tax they paid.
  • Certificates or diplomas. These documents can show that OP has the skills and qualifications necessary for the job they are applying for.
If OP does not have any of this documentation, they may be able to provide other evidence of their work experience. This could include things like:
  • Testimonials from previous employers or colleagues.
  • Portfolio of work samples.
  • **Links to online profiles or websites that showcase their work.
The best way to prove work experience for immigration purposes is to provide as much documentation as possible. This will help to ensure that their application is processed smoothly and that they are approved for permanent residence.

I hope this helps!

nileshagarwal

Jun 28, 2023
Thank you guys for the responses. I have developed a web application for internal use of our organisation. I don't think I can provide much proof for that. All the proofs suggested here requires for me to provide web development services to a client. So probably I should just stick to 00015 for now.