July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
You could think in generally 4121 as degree and 4131 as diploma but it is not that clear cut.

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Thanks you. Are you aware of any example where some teaching degree sutdents have immigrated to Canada under 4131, after Feb 28, 2008.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i am not sure. you can check trackitt.
By the way, regarding my old post above. If i had taught at a college that grants degrees but say I don't do much research, I would probably go under 4131.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Hey,
I do not think NOC 4131 has to teach the students with pursuing Diploma. As I looked for some job in Canada under NOC 4131 title, some school is only teach high school students or even Mid-schools. It is very casual and some like tutoring. But I am not positively sure.

Regarding your pos-doc experience, I really do not think it counts for NOC 4121 as University Professor though again I do not know. I mean I would not do that if I were you. I would try NOC 4131 again. This is only my opinion.

The decision is on your hand~ Be wise and only you know yourself best. Good luck,

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i agree, it doesnt have to be diploma. and its not so clearcut anyway.
Post doc has its own NOC.

automan

Jan 5, 2010
Re: Eligibility criteria for teachers

Dear All,

I am Pratima Hegde applying for FSW in the current month. My consultant said that I am qualified for a teacher post, in canada.
I have worked in India as an english teacher for 4 years, after compleating my B.Ed.

Wheather this is true that I can obtain a job at any school as language teacher? Advise me what kind of job I can expect?

Seeking ur kind advise

Pratima Hegde

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Eligibility criteria for teachers

Hi

automan said:
Dear All,

I am Pratima Hegde applying for FSW in the current month. My consultant said that I am qualified for a teacher post, in canada.
I have worked in India as an english teacher for 4 years, after compleating my B.Ed.

Wheather this is true that I can obtain a job at any school as language teacher? Advise me what kind of job I can expect?

Seeking ur kind advise

Pratima Hegde

1. You know that School teachers don't qualify as FSW1 (skilled workers) unless they are # 4121 University Professors
# 4131 College and Other Vocational Instructors?
2. To teach in Canada, you will be required to have qualifications recognized by the Teachers Federation in the Province where you intend to teach, for BC http://www.bcct.ca/
3. They will determine what additional courses that you will require.
4. Once you qualify, you can expect to be on call, maybe 1-2 days per week for quite a while until a position opens up in the school district where you are teaching.

PMM

B

basraranjit

Please Suggest me

I have applied in 2004. As far as my job category is concerned I have recently changed my job. Now my recent job responsibilities are:............

 To plan and coordinate with Instructors and conduct training program in the Engineering Colleges and also in the own organization. Also to make the schedule of training based on product PLCs, Drives, SCADA.

 To prepare and evaluate the budget of the training/Workshop Program.

 To communicate with the training and placement head of the engineering Colleges.

 To organize & deliver the technical seminar and short term Workshop in the Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges for establishing the PLC Lab and also motivate the students and faculty of the college towards Industrial Automation.

 To prepare the Quotations as per the PLC, Drives, SCADA requirement of the customer including Material Cost and time estimation.

 To train the trainee engineers and newly joined Instructors during their training period. Also to deliver lecture during the training of the students on PLCs, Drives, SCADA: its programming.

Please read this and tell be whether these responsibilities of my current job are come under skilled categories or not.... I have to send to CHC

Regards

m_robovich

Jan 8, 2010
Greetings All,
This is Mohammad I would like to apply as a federal skilled worker immigrant. I'm a PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering had my 2 master degrees from US and working on my PhD also here in the US.I have one year of teaching assistant experience and 2 years as a research assistant. I was teaching a lab course and I obtained a letter showing my duties which is similar to the ones required by the NOC. So, would you please tell me if I have to use 4131 NOC code or 4122 for my teaching experience? do they count my RA experience? Do you think guys my case worths trying. The letters I obtained from my employer shows that my job duties are similar to those required under 4131 NOC code. Appreciate your advice

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Hi people,

Just found this thread. I have applied under 4131 - vocational instructor. I have about 1.8 yrs of computer training experience. My issue is I dont have pay slips or tax returns to prove my employement. The only proof I have is experience letter listing all my duties, hours of work and salary.

Do any of you know if Buffalo will ask for tax papers at the final stage of processing?

rink

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 17, 2010 (received by CIO)
Doc's Request.
April 8, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20, 2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Passport Req..
26-06-2012 and sent PP on Aug 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 15, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Jang,
I don't see any requirement to furnish the tax paper or salary slips for the proof of employment if you have experience letter available.
I know some candidates are sending tax paper or salary slips with experience letter. It is up to you.
I also applied under 4131 to CIO.

Please let me know if you have sent the full application to buffalo. If yes, did you send the FBI certificate with your application.
My concern is, can we send the full app to Buffalo without FBI certificate and will send FBI Certificate when we get it...

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
rink said:
Hi Jang,
I don't see any requirement to furnish the tax paper or salary slips for the proof of employment if you have experience letter available.
I know some candidates are sending tax paper or salary slips with experience letter. It is up to you.
I also applied under 4131 to CIO.

Please let me know if you have sent the full application to buffalo. If yes, did you send the FBI certificate with your application.
My concern is, can we send the full app to Buffalo without FBI certificate and will send FBI Certificate when we get it...
Hi rink,
Thanks for the reply.

I have not yet sent in my 'full application'. I am planning to send it without the FBI certificate since it is taking a long time for FBI to arrive, I will send it later. Many of this forum users have done that without any issue.

Regarding the tax papers, I have read in this forum that a couple members were particularly asked to submit tax returns during the request for medicals.

rink

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 17, 2010 (received by CIO)
Doc's Request.
April 8, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20, 2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Passport Req..
26-06-2012 and sent PP on Aug 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 15, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Jang,

I would say if they request then send it, don't give the extra papers without requesting...

Are you sending any covering letter saying that you will send the FBI certicate at later stage? If yes, Please provide me the wording that you are about to send, And where will you keep this covering letter, i mean first page of application or at the last page..

Jang, I have one employer in US with whom i stayed only for two months and then i changed the employer. I don't have experience letter from that employer and they are not providing me. What to do? I have pay stubs and job offer letter. What to say why i m not sending the reference letter. Please advise..

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Please complete, sign, and return this form with your signed IMM 0008 (Skilled Worker) form.

NOC 4131

College and Other Vocational Instructors

This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical institutes, language schools and other vocational schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to teach internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

1. Does this statement apply to you? Yes No

2. If yes, do you perform all of the actions included in the statement? Yes No

3. If not, please specify which actions apply to you.

?????

4. Please check the box for each duty that you have performed.

Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses.
Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
Advise students on program curricula and career decisions.
Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions.
Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training.
May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology or policing, or in areas such as computer software, management, pre-employment training and literacy skills.

I confirm that my responses contained herein are accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Date: __________________________

Print name: ______________________________ Signature: ______________________________

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
huanhuan19 said:
Please complete, sign, and return this form with your signed IMM 0008 (Skilled Worker) form.

NOC 4131

College and Other Vocational Instructors

This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical institutes, language schools and other vocational schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to teach internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

1. Does this statement apply to you? Yes No

2. If yes, do you perform all of the actions included in the statement? Yes No

3. If not, please specify which actions apply to you.

?????

4. Please check the box for each duty that you have performed.

Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses.
Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
Advise students on program curricula and career decisions.
Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions.
Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training.
May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology or policing, or in areas such as computer software, management, pre-employment training and literacy skills.

I confirm that my responses contained herein are accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Date: __________________________

Print name: ______________________________ Signature: ______________________________

Dear huanhuan19,

What is this for?