Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Any body who's working in this catagory can provide details about Job Prospect and current market situation of IT in canada.

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
No offense meant,but i read in this thread one person applied for 0213 category with 4 years of experience as .net developer.How far did you succeed.Because if you read the 0213 responsibilities it clearly says you should be in a senior position making decisions in terms of budget and IS.How would you expect the VO to believe that your company let a 4 year exp developer to play a manager role.just curious.

T

Tegnus

spprivate said:
No offense meant,but i read in this thread one person applied for 0213 category with 4 years of experience as .net developer.How far did you succeed.Because if you read the 0213 responsibilities it clearly says you should be in a senior position making decisions in terms of budget and IS.How would you expect the VO to believe that your company let a 4 year exp developer to play a manager role.just curious.
It depends. Your role can be .net developer but in smaller companies you could be manager of team and be responsible for certain things like budget etc.

I guess....

canada via USA

Jan 13, 2011
Tegnus -
Those are the exceptions, no small ,mid or big company hand out the budgeting or planning of the complete project to a person who is actually working as developer..
only exception would be if some one from good B-school with 2-4 yrs of exp, and thats too you won't find such cases in IT

In north america region , the project managers are of with 15 yrs exp atleast and thats why the VO looks very carefully when they evaluate any one claiming a IT manager.

In india, I know people working in TCS or Infosys with 6-8 yrs exp are PM ( with designation, they may not be doing the actual work of PM as mentioned in CIC website for NOC 0213)

Getting a PM job after landing is rare.. very rare. I know around 10 people who came under 'NOC 0213' category but working as tester/java developer/support project ( Its not they are not capable, its just they don't fit the bill here) - Don't know why not CIC include software prog /tester category instead..

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
canada via USA said:
Don't know why not CIC include software prog /tester category instead..

Because this is their way to filter applications and people . Once they will allow software prog /tester to apply for PR visa there would be huge rush of people and certainly that would be the last thing they would be looking for.

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Tegnus said:
It depends. Your role can be .net developer but in smaller companies you could be manager of team and be responsible for certain things like budget etc.

I guess....
The term IT Manager is very broad. I wonder who and how they evaluate the person based on their expertise. I think someone with the same field and experience should.. same goes for every noc.

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's pretty much true.

canada via USA said:
Tegnus -
Those are the exceptions, no small ,mid or big company hand out the budgeting or planning of the complete project to a person who is actually working as developer..
only exception would be if some one from good B-school with 2-4 yrs of exp, and thats too you won't find such cases in IT

In north america region , the project managers are of with 15 yrs exp atleast and thats why the VO looks very carefully when they evaluate any one claiming a IT manager.

In india, I know people working in TCS or Infosys with 6-8 yrs exp are PM ( with designation, they may not be doing the actual work of PM as mentioned in CIC website for NOC 0213)

Getting a PM job after landing is rare.. very rare. I know around 10 people who came under 'NOC 0213' category but working as tester/java developer/support project ( Its not they are not capable, its just they don't fit the bill here) - Don't know why not CIC include software prog /tester category instead..

Candreamz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
With papers
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
06-10-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
may - 2011
Hi Guys,

If you want to know about the IT job market in Canada. In my point of view http://www.linkedin.com/. you can become a member of this form. i am getting good knowledge from this website.

I am under the same NOC and already got my landing papers.

Thanks
Candreamz

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
interesting topic.
I guess the major problem is that it's quite difficult for someone who has no experience in IT to determine NOC0213 as the description is way to broad. FOr this reasons, sometimes people with 5-7 years work experience get approved while sometime people with the same background get refused. This is more than confusing...
It's not just about the job title and the duties. The working environment and the company size have a tremendous impact as well. I kind of get the feeling that the duty list as of NPC0213 works mainly for people in smaller companies with a quite broad but no deep level of responsibilities. A PM in a small company has different responsibilities than a PM in a large company. People working in smaller companies tend to have more responsibilities (including budget, people management, etc.) but it isn't the same as working in large global organizations. A PM in a large organization might not have direct budget responsibilities because the responsibilities for large-scale project is in many cases at senior executive level (so is also people management, etc.) as it easily exceeds $5m -$50M...

I have a friend who became country manager UK right after graduation. His duties were pretty much covering all of what's stated in NOC0213: budget responsibility, client focusing activities, hiring/firing people. However, the company consisted of 10 people (including 5 students)...

Candreamz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
With papers
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
06-10-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
may - 2011
Hi,

I do agree with Club Canada,

In total my work experience is of 6 years and i am doing all the above Job duties as i am working in a medium size firm.

Thanks
Candreamz

nsukan

Dec 7, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At last I got the PP with the Maple Leaf on 4th March, 2011.
This is a good feeling and Thank every one in the forum for the wishes and advices & silent watching ;).

nsukan

( I was not in station for more than a week for a business trip and I could not access internet, Please excuse me for that)
Note: for timelines please refer to our thread...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-passport-tracking-thread-t55910.1110.html;new

chouhans

Sep 3, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
16-11-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-01-2010
Med's Request
Awaited...
Med's Done....
Awaited...
Interview........
Awaited...
Passport Req..
Awaited...
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited...
LANDED..........
Awaited...
Hi Guys, I have applied from Dubai, currently the eCAS status shows "RBVO", waiting for this to convert into "In Progress"... Anxiously.

I have received my second AOR on 23rd June 2010... Applied under 0213 category.

Let's hope for the best.

Chouhan

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
just following this thread.