+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No word back on study permit yet

hamza_azeem

Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone! I applied for my study permit in February. I still have not gotten word back on it, my document is complete and all my files have been submitted. Has anyone else been going through the same problem? If it makes any difference I am a high school student applying to a college in Montreal form Pakistan. My application was online and my online classes start on the 20th.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone! I applied for my study permit in February. I still have not gotten word back on it, my document is complete and all my files have been submitted. Has anyone else been going through the same problem? If it makes any difference I am a high school student applying to a college in Montreal form Pakistan. My application was online and my online classes start on the 20th.
I am also applied in February complete paper application
For PhD
Still waiting
From Iraq

hamza_azeem

Aug 13, 2020
Should have applied online. Paper is low priority right now.
I did an online application but still I know nothing. I am from Pakistan, does anyone know if there is a specific time when they are releasing study permits for Pakistani students? Do things like that even happen?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I did an online application but still I know nothing. I am from Pakistan, does anyone know if there is a specific time when they are releasing study permits for Pakistani students? Do things like that even happen?
PhD/Master's is high priority
Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma is low priority
Only online is prosessed/Paper is on hold (unless local office is open)

Rest is random

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I guess based on @vikenfirakezi finding in GCMS notes, you guys should go ahead and get yours in order to figure out about your application status.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
The other reason is applicant being from Iraq. Not a bad thing, but some countries processing times is a lot longer than others due to longer security and background processing. It also depends on the name and # of hits that applicant name has (similar names already in database). On top of that, add Pandemic and paper application..

Reactions: moha87a

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
The other reason is applicant being from Iraq. Not a bad thing, but some countries processing times is a lot longer than others due to longer security and background processing. It also depends on the name and # of hits that applicant name has (similar names already in database). On top of that, add Pandemic and paper application..
I have govermental sponsorship for phd fully-funded/ bank statements/ home and car / msc from uk/ police clearance/ upfront medical...etc.

I have my funds so they are not the only country in the world.
I agree with, BUT it will be more than 6 months believe me they are elementary employees
My colleagues got uk and other visa in a month and they are renewing they due two lockdown.

I hope they give me their decision soon to plan my next step

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Lol. There's a pandemic going on, so they think logically.

Paper = stuck in office or mail room somewhere
Online = Easy accessible remotely through home

Does that make sense?
It so easy if they use their brains.. processing them or it's very easy just sent them back for paper application.

It's very bad and unprofessional to just ignore paper applications.

It's more than 6 months bro. If the application content a dinosaur it will die not a virus.

Reactions: Bond 007

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I have govermental sponsorship for phd fully-funded/ bank statements/ home and car / msc from uk/ police clearance/ upfront medical...etc.

I have my funds so they are not the only country in the world.
I agree with, BUT it will be more than 6 months believe me they are elementary employees
My colleagues got uk and other visa in a month and they are renewing they due two lockdown.

I hope they give me their decision soon to plan my next step
I understand. You could be living a lavish life in your country with all the perks of grants and scholarships but your application will still go through the regular process that any other applicant of that country will. Thats where the issue can come.. like I mentioned, your name could have multiple hits in the database and clearing / identifying them could take some time.

UK and Canada has very very different security & background policies that's why it takes a lot longer for Canada then for UK.

Reactions: Ma2252

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I understand. You could be living a lavish life in your country with all the perks of grants and scholarships but your application will still go through the regular process that any other applicant of that country will. Thats where the issue can come.. like I mentioned, your name could have multiple hits in the database and clearing / identifying them could take some time.

UK and Canada has very very different security & background policies that's why it takes a lot longer for Canada then for UK.
I have permanent job in the university in my country and my university will sponsor me. I wish my application went through regular process so it will be fine like any other candidates.

Believe me they unprofessional in mid of July they said my application will back to Erbil in two weeks or less after two weeks I contacted them they said it's under processing.

UK has better systems if you deal with them..
I will wait until 1 September then withdraw