no surname but express entry online profile wrote it to be mandatory field

sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to note, I don't know whether they have changed the rules later (because the 'Do not enter' clause was not there in cic website initially).

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
sumeshpunakkal said:
Just to note, I don't know whether they have changed the rules later (because the 'Do not enter' clause was not there in cic website initially).
I agree. This clause seems to be a recent one and the information on CIC asked people to mention 'NA' or 'Not Applicable' as rightly pointed out by others before.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
sumeshpunakkal said:
I tried 'Do not enter' and left the field blank on Given Names and only filled the 'Family Name/Surname', it works on the 'Family Information' screen but in Personal History etc, it wont accept and also it deleted all my family member history.

fabricland

Jul 19, 2015
Friends. I read this complete thread but still there is some confusion in family/given name which need to be entered into federal forms mainly 0008 generic form.
Till date I have mentioned my name as 'x' (space) 'y'' in allmost all of my docs, where X is my first name and y as last name and never used any surname. In my passport, family name is blank and my complete name as X (space) y is mentioned in given name field. Now what shud i fill in the generic form field of family name which is mandatory to be filled and given name which is not mandatory. .? Thanks in advance.

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fabricland said:
Friends. I read this complete thread but still there is some confusion in family/given name which need to be entered into federal forms mainly 0008 generic form.
Till date I have mentioned my name as 'x' (space) 'y'' in allmost all of my docs, where X is my first name and y as last name and never used any surname. In my passport, family name is blank and my complete name as X (space) y is mentioned in given name field. Now what shud i fill in the generic form field of family name which is mandatory to be filled and given name which is not mandatory. .? Thanks in advance.
write your whole name in family name and leave given name blank

fabricland

Jul 19, 2015
Thanks caddr for revert. I also thought for the same but shud i leave given name blank or punch NA..?
Secondly. As I am planning to apply thru sinp oid where in I have left family name field blank, do u think it's ok like above.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to register for "Job bank" after creating express entry profile as I only have First name in my passport and Last name is BLANK.
For "JOB BANK" first and last field both are mandatory (" * "). Anyone has this situation? Please help. Thanks

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016

KMSF

Apr 22, 2017
I tried first name as blank but the CIC doesn't accept any blank. Both names are mandatory.

SecureFuture

Jan 18, 2017
What I can't understand is this...The embassy wants us to have a surname mandatory right? But we all have a given name...a first name.So why would you leave the given name blank? It only causes more issue and complicates it. Now,even if your passport contains a blank surname...you split your name in the application.Write your 1st name as given name and your father's name or other name as surname.It would still look authentic and would match with your passport than having your entire name mentioned as surname in any document.This I feel is better way to look at it if in case you can't change or split your name in the passport.Am also going through same situation and I can't split my name because I already gave my ielts with old passport details.The trf has blank family name due to tht.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?

makeithappen

Oct 2, 2017
Hello All,

While creating express entry Profile we ( myself and my wife) mentioned Surname as NA and entered the name as on Passport in Given Name as we dont have Surname.

we have received ITA now and also have done medical. The Emedical also has my Surname as NA however, for my wife the doctor mentioned her Given Name in Surname and NA in her Given name.

Would it be an issue? How to get it fixed if it an issue?

Thanks

grewalraj31

Nov 1, 2017
i don't have last name. and given name is SANJH KAUR. what should i write in last name column while creating account my WES account. plz reply

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Found this on Canada immigration website...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2