Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
shinemaster said:
What are your sincere opinions about fixed deposit? I feel its the best option (Your money is kept and it generates very little income and there is no risk of spending part of it). Hope accra would not ask where the money was gotten from if you can print at-least a years bank statement of the fixed deposit.
Pls comments............. we have come to far to make simple mistakes. May God take control.
I completely agree with fixed deposits, but what we r saying what if Accra requests for An updated POF and within 2wks u fix d money, they wuld wanna knw how u got d money since the date of fixing is under 2wks POF was requested

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
sanmi13 said:
Still on POF, pls friends can I use a combination of my
spouse fixed deposit account statement together with my own
savings account statement to make the POF?

Secondly, I hope there is nothing wrong if I present a bank account
statement that is different from the one I used for my initial
application. I changed my bank because I got another bank with a
higher interest on the fixed deposit. I hope in the event that am been
asked for an updated POF I can use another bank statement
inasmuch as it has the required amount.
I do not knw about using ur spouse's account, maybe our seniors culd help ans dat.. but there is nothing wrong if u change banks, all dat matters is u have d required amount in ur acct

Debarge

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
Nomination.....
06-11-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
@All
Does AVO demand for POF from all applicants when they send MR or do they select a few apps and demand for updated POF, what maybe the criteria for requesting for updated POF from these apps.Thanks

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
house,

We just have to be careful on whatever we do concerning the POF, if u have/ would be changing your account i do not see anything wrong with that.

And putting money in bits sounds good.

Seniors, pls how did you go about your POF?

1, Was the money stack in your acct throughout the whole process?

2, Did you use it and put it back in bits when updated POF was requested?

Cheers

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
B.A said:
house,

We just have to be careful on whatever we do concerning the POF, if u have/ would be changing your account i do not see anything wrong with that.

And putting money in bits sounds good.

Seniors, pls how did you go about your POF?

1, Was the money stack in your acct throughout the whole process?

2, Did you use it and put it back in bits when updated POF was requested?

Cheers
Your question would be more suited for our seniors in this group: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigeria-applicant-please-let-us-network-t30420.0.html

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
I will just want to say that, we need to be really careful as regards to this POF thing. Though it might not be too easy to stack such huge amount of money in the bank for when God knows when the visa offices will answer us, but to be frank that's what they want Because some visa officers may not be too nice to send you a request to update your POF, once the visa officer check the account you submitted and they find out nothing is there, they might decide to do something we don't like. But I guess the AVO do request for POF update...I hope I'm correct

This situation has happened to a close friend of mine, which almost cost him his immigrant visa. The visa office decided not to issue him an immigrant visa, even after going for his for medicals because the account he submitted during his application for POF was empty when the VO was accessing his application. Which he finally knew thru an immigration lawyer that, they have decided not to issue him the immigrant visa cos he doesn't have the money he claimed he had in his account.

So changing your account can also be a tricky one, cos the account you submitted will be VO first point of verification...Just need to be careful.

But one thing I can suggest is that if you are not able to fix such a huge amount of money or separate an amount of money for the process (stocks, bonds or investment account will work for POF) make sure the account you submitted is very active, and at every instance, you may have up to 60% of the amount requested for the POF in the account, especially if you have a feeling that the 2013 application is being process.

Loofy

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
Mo123 said:
I will just want to say that, we need to be really careful as regards to this POF thing. Though it might not be too easy to stack such huge amount of money in the bank for when God knows when the visa offices will answer us, but to be frank that's what they want Because some visa officers may not be too nice to send you a request to update your POF, once the visa officer check the account you submitted and they find out nothing is there, they might decide to do something we don't like. But I guess the AVO do request for POF update...I hope I'm correct

This situation has happened to a close friend of mine, which almost cost him his immigrant visa. The visa office decided not to issue him an immigrant visa, even after going for his for medicals because the account he submitted during his application for POF was empty when the VO was accessing his application. Which he finally knew thru an immigration lawyer that, they have decided not to issue him the immigrant visa cos he doesn't have the money he claimed he had in his account.

So changing your account can also be a tricky one, cos the account you submitted will be VO first point of verification...Just need to be careful.

But one thing I can suggest is that if you are not able to fix such a huge amount of money or separate an amount of money for the process (stocks, bonds or investment account will work for POF) make sure the account you submitted is very active, and at every instance, you may have up to 60% of the amount requested for the POF in the account, especially if you have a feeling that the 2013 application is being process.
Visa office don't check accounts as they have no such right.
They can only write to your bank to verify the authenticity of your POF which you submitted to them.

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Loofy said:
Visa office don't check accounts as they have no such right.
They can only write to your bank to verify the authenticity of your POF which you submitted to them.
People just come hear to write fictions. I even read someone saying they verify marriage and job status using facebook,linkedin etc.

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Gandalf said:
People just come hear to write fictions. I even read someone saying they verify marriage and job status using facebook,linkedin etc.
No, I don't think people just come 'hear' to write fictions, loofy is right. AVO can't access your account details, they can only ask to know if the account is really yours and if you've been running it. They can't even know your account balance unless you authorise your bank to do so. And about linkedin, facebook etc, they can only see the information you post there about yourself. They can also verify marriage because you submitted the govt-issued certificate which is easy to verify because of the cert number. All these are quite different from bank info, this is very private. Remember, it won't even be disclosed to your spouse.

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
ty said:
No, I don't think people just come 'hear' to write fictions, loofy is right. AVO can't access your account details, they can only ask to know if the account is really yours and if you've been running it. They can't even know your account balance unless you authorise your bank to do so. And about linkedin, facebook etc, they can only see the information you post there about yourself. They can also verify marriage because you submitted the govt-issued certificate which is easy to verify because of the cert number. All these are quite different from bank info, this is very private. Remember, it won't even be disclosed to your spouse.
I don't know the point you are making as I'm on same page with loofy. I meant that the person that claimed his friend was almost denied because CIC accessed his account and found the POF not there, is writing fiction. I also dont believe that CIC will use what u post on facebook, linkedin etc to make their decisions as some come 'here' to claim or propagate.

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
Smiles :) :) :)...Really fictitious story ....CIC may not have access to your account details, but the bank balance you submitted for the application has all your account details/info. Anyways, if CIC verifies the status or the authenticity of the account you submitted for POF to see if it's active or not and find it inactive or significantly lower than what you claim as the unencumbered fund you claim you have, it may not be too funny.

I've gone through this process before 5 years back and i'm presently living in Canada with my family - I really thank God for that, though my visa office was not Accra and can narrate what happen vividly. I wish everybody good luck and I hope Accra visa office will start issuing MR very soon, because I have friends, brothers and sisters waiting anxiously in this stream.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Dear MOE, NO VISA OFFICE INCLUDING, CIC, have the right to check how much money you have in your account. They can never make any check to see if your funds are more or less than what you initially send with your application. All they can do is check to confirm the authenticity of the financial documents you sent. It is an unethical act for a bank to disclose the details of their customers account to a third party.
Your being in Canada for 5 years does not change this fact.

Mo123 said:
Smiles :) :) :)...Really fictitious story ....CIC may not have access to your account details, but the bank balance you submitted for the application has all your account details/info. Anyways, if CIC verifies the status or the authenticity of the account you submitted for POF to see if it's active or not and find it inactive or significantly lower than what you claim as the unencumbered fund you claim you have, it may not be too funny.

I've gone through this process before 5 years back and i'm presently living in Canada with my family - I really thank God for that, though my visa office was not Accra and can narrate what happen vividly. I wish everybody good luck and I hope Accra visa office will start issuing MR very soon, because I have friends, brothers and sisters waiting anxiously in this stream.

Loofy

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
nanonye said:
Dear MOE, NO VISA OFFICE INCLUDING, CIC, have the right to check how much money you have in your account. They can never make any check to see if your funds are more or less than what you initially send with your application. All they can do is check to confirm the authenticity of the financial documents you sent. It is an unethical act for a bank to disclose the details of their customers account to a third party.
Your being in Canada for 5 years does not change this fact.
Thank you

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
Gents & Ladies,

The essence of this forum is to share opinion, views and experience, so do not be offended if someone has a different view from what you have.

Regards POF, CIC will not and can not check your balance, because they do not need to do so, since the bank has confirm that statement of acct or any other bank document is genuine.

They can only ask the bank to verify if the account information is authentic and active.

Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
B.A said:
Gents & Ladies,

The essence of this forum is to share opinion, views and experience, so do not be offended if someone has a different view from what you have.

Regards POF, CIC will not and can not check your balance, because they do not need to do so, since the bank has confirm that statement of acct or any other bank document is genuine.

They can only ask the bank to verify if the account information is authentic and active.

Cheers
You are right.
If CIC or the Local Visa Office have the power to check the amount in account,they will not be asking for POF updates during medicals.They will only ask for your account details to make confirmation underground.Seems to me this scenario only applies to convicted criminals with the approval of the Government.
This well said,I still encourage prospective applicants who have received PERS to start saving for their respective family size POF...the good thing is that Accra is slow so you have enough time to save your cash to required amount.Don't because the account is not checked be caught unaware when they are going to request for updates of POF.
Kindly be wise in approaching this POF issues for you not to be caught unaware.
Cheers.